Gmail is the de-facto product of Google that comes with a host of features for commercial, personal, and business use. You can get G Suite for many things.
Create a Business Email ID in Gmail
Before you go deep into what and how here is a nice article from Google support to help your IT guy with this job. Whenever a new employee joins the company, you will need an email address for it.
- With G Suite, you can do a lot for your business. Your whole team can have email addresses on Google’s Gmail servers and you can enjoy the wide–scale compatibility with products and services.
- You can create a free business email also for a small group in less than five minutes that we will list down in ‘Step 3’.
- There are paid versions also, as there are free, and they offer additional benefits such as custom email (@yourcompany.com), unlimited group email addresses, zero ads and more for your team.
- You will need administrator privilege on your Google account, to be able to create additional email IDs for anyone.
Gmail for Your Team
When you are creating such services in largely you will need some privileges and paid versions. The steps to create an additional email ID is very simple if you have all the authentication you need.
- At your Gmail account, click on the ‘Gear’ icon to go to ‘Settings’, and then click on ‘Manage this domain’.
- Then, click on ‘Create Email Addresses for Your Team’ and read the instructions and agreement before confirming and clicking ‘Unlock Additional Features’. Once these features are unlocked, you can do your job.
- If they were already unlocked and you have been given the authentication, then you can right away start with the actual task.
- From the ‘Admin’ console or the dashboard, click on ‘Users’, and do ‘Add’ on ‘Plus Icon’ and ‘Add a User’.
- Then, enter the ‘Name’, ‘Password’ and click on ‘Create’. Finally, when satisfied, click on ‘Done’.
Setup a Free Business Email Account on Gmail
Now, what if you are not going to take the paid versions and only look for the free stuff. Yes, even with a free account, you can create your business email ID. A business email usually has your company name instead of usual ‘@gmail’ or ‘@yahoo’ to be specific.
- First thing is that you have to buy a domain on the name of the company that you wish to have the email address for, and this has to be done elsewhere.
- Then, you have to setup your business domain name with a website or website hosting company. Merely buying the domain is not enough, and this is also done elsewhere.
- Then, you get a chance to create a free business email ID which will be given to you by your website or domain hosting company.
- Usually, you will have to go to the ‘Email’ section, and then ‘Add Email Account’ or some similar name.
- Then, this email ID will be linked to a mail client; in this case, it will be Google or Gmail. This goes under ‘Setup Mail Client’ feature.
- Sometimes it can take up to 2 hours to get into the effect and then you can give away this new user the details for the email ID.
- To be searchable in the G Suite directory, it can also take an equal amount of time.
- ‘Step 3’ is different from doing it via G Suite (https://gsuite.google.com/) that you will find here and learn more.
Is Gmail for Business free?
How do I create a free Gmail account for my business?
- Create a Gmail account here and pick a new email address. firstname.lastname@example.org usually works well.
- Follow the rest of the steps to verify you phone number, create your account, and sign in.
How do I create a business email address?
- Method 1: Create a Business Email Address with Bluehost. Choose a Bluehost Plan. Choose Your Free Domain. Create Your Free Business Email Address at Bluehost.
- Method 2: Create a Business Email Address with HostGator. Choose a HostGator Plan. Choose Your Free Domain.
What is the difference between Gmail and Gmail for business?
How much does Gmail for Business cost?
A Gmail business account is an affordable option at only $5 per month, per user. If you can commit to 12 months, the cost drops to $50 per user, per year.
Is Google account and Gmail account same?
Can I have 2 Gmail accounts?
Can I have Gmail without Google account?
Do you need a Google account for Gmail?
Ads by Google