With the advent of e-commerce, one can either buy or sell at a click of a button.
Here is the process that one should follow to open an account on eBay.
- You can visit eBay using your PC, Android or iPhone. While using your PC, visit the eBay website. If you use Android or iPhone, you can download the eBay app for free from the Google Play Store and App Store respectively.
- Tap on the Register option which is at the top left corner of the eBay website. Clicking this option will start your registration process. You can still browse the eBay website if you are not registered but you can’t make a purchase or sale.
- In the next page, you will provide the contact information such as your email that you want to be associated with the account. You will also be required to set up a password which is simple but strong enough to avoid hacking.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page after reading the privacy policies provided by the website.
- Your pre-selected ID will be sent to you in the next section. Once you submit your account information, you will be provided with an ID by eBay to make you start selling and buying in the website. The ID can be changed easily in the next step
- eBay usually recommends Paypal as a payment method but you can also have other payment options.
- If you want to customize your passwords and account details, tap the account menu which is in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Click Account Settings option in the menu that will appear. Once you click on this option a drop-down menu on the top left corner will appear.
- Tap the Personal Information option that is at the top of the menu.
- Once you tap this information, you will find a list of personal information that you provided while you were opening the account. These data can be edited to suit your tastes and preferences.
- For your safety, you will be asked to sign in to verify that you are the one trying to change the personal data. You can also change the user ID that you were provided with when you formed the account.
- Once you type your new ID, you will be required to use it for the next 30 days before you are allowed to change. Your account is now ready to be used.