Using Google Voice, you can call all the phones linked to a number at once.
Not based on VoIP like Skype, Google Voice does make use of it.
How to Create Google Voice Number in India?
In order to use Google Voice in India, there are certain requirements you need to take care of. Here’s what you can do.
- You will need to get your hands on a US-based mobile number and use a VPN service based in the United States.
- These days it is fairly easy to get a US mobile number in India. You can use various VPN applications available in the app stores.
- You will be needed the US phone number for your account verification.
- When you go to the Google Voice web page without the VPN, you will be prompted that the service is not available in your country.
- The easier method would be to turn on the VPN in the Opera browser on mobile devices and on the computer.
How to Create Google Voice Number on iPhone?
The process of creating a Google Voice number is a simple one. The process remains fairly the same across Android and iOS devices. Here’s how to create a Google Voice number.
- Download and install the Google Voice app from your app store if you haven’t already.
- Now, after you have downloaded and installed the app, ‘Sign-In’ into your Google account when prompted. You will have to follow the onscreen instructions to continue further.
- Now, look for a Google Voice number for yourself by entering your area code and selecting your area. Look for an area close by if you can’t find any for your previous area.
- Tap on ‘Select’ next to the phone number you want and then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
- You must keep in mind before attempting this that Google Voice isn’t available in every country. Best if you use a proxy server system to reroute through the United States.
How to Add a New Google Voice Number?
If you wish to add a Google Voice number and also keep your previous phone number, here are your options and what you can do about it.
- To keep your original Google Voice number, you will have to pay a one-time $20 fee to make it your secondary Google Voice number.
- Moreover, you could also add a user to your Google Fiber phone account for this purpose.
- On the top left corner of your screen, go to the menu and tap on ‘Legacy Google Voice’.
- Go to the ‘Phones’ tab and tap on ‘Make Permanent’ next to your previous old number.
- Your new number would be added.
- Use a US based phone number and a VPN which routes through the United States for using Google Voice (https://voice.google.com/u/0/about).
Create a phone number that’s falls in your area. Choose a nearby area if there’s an issue.