- Temporarily Deactivate Instagram On PC And Mac
- Permanently Deactivate Instagram On PC and Mac
- Deactivate Instagram Account Temporarily on Android
- Permanently Deactivate Instagram On Android
- Temporarily Deactivate Instagram On iPhone
- Permanently Deactivate Deactivate Instagram on iPhone
- Deactivate Instagram Business Account By Switching Back To Personal Profile
Temporarily Deactivate Instagram On PC And Mac
- From your computer or browser, navigate to instagram.com. It is important to note that you cannot deactivate your Instagram account on the Instagram app regardless of the mobile phone that you’re using.
- On the top-right pane, locate the profile icon resembling the head of a person and then click or tap on it.
- Then, select “Edit Profile.”
- In the “Edit Profile” section, scroll down and then choose on “Temporarily disable my account.”
- Provide the reason why you’re deactivating your account next to the “Why are you disabling your account?” from the dropdown menu. You will not be able to proceed to the next step if you do not give the reason for deactivating your account.
- Re-enter your current password correctly.
- When your password goes through, tap on the “Temporarily disable my account” option again.
TIP: The procedure above is the same regardless of the gadget that you’re using. Also, after disabling your Instagram account, your Instagram profile, photos, videos, likes, and comments will remain intact and reappear when you reactivate your account.
If you want to reactivate your account after staying long enough, the following procedure on how to reactivate the Instagram account is handy.
- Tap on the Instagram icon on your home screen.
- In the “Log In” page that opens, you will get prompted to enter your login details. Key in the address that you used to sign up for Instagram. You can use either phone, email, or username.
- Enter your password correctly in the field provided. If you cannot remember your password, you should go ahead and reset it.
- After entering the details, tap on the “Log In” button, and your account will get reactivated as you get logged in to your account.
- Follow any other on-screen prompts in your account. And that’s it. You’re now back on Instagram with all your account details visible.
Permanently Deactivate Instagram On PC and Mac
- Back up your Instagram Data. If you delete your Instagram account without backing up your data, you’ll lose all your Instagram data forever. Therefore, if you wish to get access to your data in the future, you should download your data through the steps below.
- Log in to your Instagram account,
- On your Instagram profile, click on the geared “ Settings” icon,
- Under the “Settings” menu, click on “Privacy and security” tab,
- Locate the “Request Download” tab and click n it to open more options,
- Type in the email you’d wish to use in getting your data download link,
- Next, enter your password in the field provided,
- After that, click on the “Download Data.”
By completing the steps above, you should receive an email after 48 hours with the title “Your Instagram Data.” Follow the link and download your data.
- Navigate to https://help.instagram.com and log in to your Instagram account. After the account deletion process, all your data will no longer exist forever. Therefore, it would be pretty good to back up your data before deleting your account.
- Next, click on “Managing Your Account” option.
- After that, click on the “Delete your Account” option. It’s the second option on the list of the menu.
- Click on the dropdown icon next to the “How do I delete my account?” to see more options.
- After that, click on the blue “Delete Your Account page.”
- Fill in your login details in the fields provided and then click on the “Log In” button.
- Provide the reason for deleting your account by selecting the appropriate one from the dropdown box. If you don’t find one matching your purpose, click on “something else” and enter your password again.
- After that, go ahead and click on the “Permanently delete my account” and a confirmation pop-up window will open. Click on the “Ok” button on the pop-up menu. By doing that, your account will get deleted forever, and you’ll not be able to use the username again.
Deactivate Instagram Account Temporarily on Android
- On your browser, go to https://instagram.com/ and log in with your account details if not automatically logged in.
- In the top right corner of the screen, locate the profile icon, and tap on it.
- After that, tap on the “Edit Profile” located next to your profile picture.
- Under the “Edit profile” menu, tap on the “Temporarily disable my account” link.
- Give the reason for disabling your account by selecting an appropriate choice from the dropdown menu.
- Re-enter your account password in the field provided.
- Click on the “Temporarily Disable Account.” By doing that, your account will get deactivated. If you’d wish to reactivate your account in the future, you will only need to log back into the account. By logging back into your count, it will get activated automatically.
Permanently Deactivate Instagram On Android
- Launch your browser and navigate to the Instagram page for deleting accounts.
- If not logged in, do so when prompted.
- Provide the reason for deleting your account by selecting it from the drop-down menu.
- Next, re-enter your password when prompted.
- Finally, click on the red “Permanently delete my account,” and your account will be no more. It is important to note that after permanently deleting your account, all the data associated with the account will be gone forever. Also, you will not be able to use the User name again.
Temporarily Deactivate Instagram On iPhone
- Launch your Safari browser on your iPhone.
- After that, navigate to the account deletion page and log in to your account when prompted if not automatically logged in.
- Give the reason for deactivating your account by selecting one from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your account password and then tap on the “Temporarily Disable Account” to deactivate the account.
- Tap “Yes” on the pop-up menu that appears, and your account will be temporarily deactivated. If you’d wish to reactivate your account in the future, you should log back to the account, and it will automatically get reactivated.
Permanently Deactivate Deactivate Instagram on iPhone
- Launch your Safari browser or any other preferred web browser.
- After that, head to the Instagram account deletion page.
- Sign in your account using your correct details.
- In your account page, give the reason for deleting your account permanently by selecting one of the reasons from the dropdown menu.
- Enter your password when prompted.
- Tap on the red “Permanently delete my account.” By doing that, a pop-up menu will appear.
- Finally, tap on the “Ok” button to confirm the action, and your account will get deleted permanently.
Deactivate Instagram Business Account By Switching Back To Personal Profile
- Log in to your Instagram account and head to your profile.
- Tap or click on the menu icon resembling on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Next tap or click on the geared “Settings” icon resembling this icon.
- Under the “Settings” menu, tap or click on the “Accounts” option.
- Next, tap or click on the “Switch to Personal Account” and finally tap or click on the “Switch Back” to get swap your account to a personal profile.
Note: This method works if you converted your personal Instagram account into a business profile. It is also essential to know that each time you switch to a personal profile, all your insights data gets erased.