A big, wide sea between you two spread in kilometers, those expensive international two-way plane tickets, the long waits between the visits, the unlimited but poor broadband internet connection, is the way a long distance relationship exists. But still, if you both can love, trust, respect and support each other across these things; ‘then your partner is worth every kilometer spread between you two’. Let’s discuss how:
- Make Her Curious about Things
Curiosity always makes the conversations intense, this will make your partner feel always eager to talk to you, each and every day. And in the middle of the conversation, if you suddenly change the topic your, partner would definitely like to come back to the previous topic to know the conclusion or end of it.
- Make sure you tell the remaining part of the story patiently as expected by her.
- Not to make her eagerly make her wait for too much to lose the interest in it at all.
- Before you do all this make sure your partner is not the one who doesn’t like unexpected endings.
- Be Humorous Whenever You Get Chance
Do not forget to comment witty statement for every suitable situation. Maybe you can crack some funny jokes or remember some anecdote from your past school days and family functions. Also, some serious political news can be a subject for fun.
- Make sure you do not make fun of her loved ones, she immensely respects.
- Also, be cautious about your language, it shouldn’t hit below the belt to make her feel bad.
- Do not comment excessively to put yourself in a position to be named as a nagging partner.
- Every Day Try to Teach Each Other Something New
Always talk on different subjects also avoid the same talks about making plans about meeting each other, talk about the personal things that you have learned recently like: the book that you are reading these days or the recipe that you are preparing these days. The different new subject that you are talking about should also sound interesting to your partner.
- While trying to teach her something new, don’t start preaching her to avoid ignorance from her side.
- Don’t make your new learnings boring for her, share the most interesting and funny part of it.
- Also, connect your new learnings with her personal stories from her family or close friends to feel her connected to the new things that you are sharing.
- They Say Ignorance is a Bliss
Ignore the things that can be easily ignored without making it a mountain of misunderstandings, later turning into jealousies and prejudice for a long time.
- Accept her statement when she says she was busy in office without every time going into details about the person she was busy with.
- Ignore your curiosity of asking her whether she meets new good looking people in her office daily, if she has answered it already three times before.
- Ignore her asking whether she gets a phone call from her ex-boyfriend when you know it this question annoys her.
- Stay Uncertain about Your Future Together
Females are basically sensitive while choosing their partner if sensitivity has to be considered in a relationship, a female will consider it first. Indulge her through your sensitive worries in life like the uncertainty of not being with her in the future.
- This will give her confidence; her partner is actually sensitive and can also show his sensitive side to her.
- This will also remind her that you are actually serious about your relationship with her.
- This will make her feel connected to somebody who is more humane and she can open up in front of you anytime.
- Live in the moment, get carried away by emotions sometimes it is important.
- Make it Something Like Online Shopping
While purchasing online you get into the details of the product and read all the reviews about it. The product is unaffordable and still, you try to save the money or do other sacrifices, but you somehow try to achieve it.
- The relationship is also about trying to make sacrifices for someone to get that person.
- You try to make yourself eligible for the loved one, your partner.
- You try to prove yourself better for her.
- These sacrifices and hard works make you a better person to do more in life.
- Take Risks
Always take calculated risks in your relationship because calculated risks most of the time gives you what you had thought. Besides, losing it only gives you a calculated loss, but above all, it gives you a sense of pleasure that you didn’t just let the opportunity pass.
- Try to gift her something that she has always dreamt about but she never had the courage to buy it or do it.
- If you have made your mind to marry her; propose her at a proper time take the risk, it’s worth it.
- Develop the courage to say no to other office appointments at the risk of your career, when you have already promised her to meet.
- Plan the Things in Advance
Planning the things in advance works like a lubricant for a machine it keeps the things smoother and runs effortlessly. You can also make a checklist or small notes about things to talk, places to meet.
- Do not set unrealistic goals and timings, which if not met will later disappoint your partner.
- Make sure not to nag your partner time and again about the things that did not happen according to the plan.
- Do not try to achieve or consider happiness in big things; enjoy whatever small moments that you can take out from simple things in life.
- Let Her do Things She Wants to Do
Please let your Partner do the things that she enjoys doing or she always wanted to do, if she has a bucket list encourage her to complete it. The more you encourage her, the more she realizes that you are her true partner.
- If you stop her from doing the things, she will be in fact tempted to do it secretly.
- Giving her freedom also means next time she will share whatever she thinks genuinely about.
- The more you give the more you receive from her.
- You will hear compliments about you from her close friends and relatives.
- Remove the Fear of Being Cheated on
No matter how much both the partners love each other but in a long distance relationship, it may happen that your partner may think that you might be spending your rest of the time with some other better person.
- Do not overreact about the things that you do in your part of the world to make her feel jealous.
- If you face such situation explain her patiently that these things happen but not with everyone.
- If you live in the fear of being cheated upon, the fear itself will eat up your life.
- Trust and Awareness Go Hand in Hand
If your partner has a job that includes remaining in constant touch with the clients and going out on dinner or business trips with the office staff, then don’t feel jealous but also be aware.
- Inform your partner clearly but lovingly about your thoughts likes and dislikes of her being in constant touch with her clients and office staff.
- Also, inform her about your insecurities and feelings considering your traditional upbringing.
- Moreover, talk to her about talking about even the most mundane things to stop many unnecessary misunderstandings.
- Also, assure her that you do not get carried away by the questions and assumptions of your friends about her job profile and activities.
- Make Your Relationship on Facebook Official
The best thing that you can do before marriage is making your relationship of personal life official, on social media like Facebook will definitely declare one thing that you both are serious about each other.
- This will help your partner realize that you are proud of your relationship with her.
- It will be beneficial for both the partners to not to get approached by other people for relationship.
- This certainly gives you a right to tag each other in every post, to annoy your near and dear ones.
- Avoid Excessive Communication
Communication is the best thing in any relationship but then over the time, it gets possessive and sometimes looks sticky to other people especially it disturbs your office life, which is reflected clearly in the eyes of office staff.
- Do not talk on the video call or mobile phone 18 hours a day, take some break.
- A relationship doesn’t mean you avoid your old school friends and relatives hang around with them sometimes, take a break.
- Excessive communication sometimes also makes the relationship boring and monotonous, avoid it.
- Make Frequent Visits to Each Other
Frequent visits are the real resultant fruits of a long distance relationship you come to know about its value when you meet each other in real life. Especially on a visit which has been made after a long time.
- Remember not to overdo about your visiting partner coming to meet you, by telling about it to every Tom, Dick, and Harry in the City.
- Make your partner’s visit count by doing simple things like spending more and more time with him.
- Introduce your Partner to your near and dear ones those who care for you.
- Frequently Gift Each Other Something Personal
Even if it is a small pendant or a lucky charm but if it has a story, a personal feeling of yours attached to it, when you gift it to your partner, it will be cherished as Memento in their life.
- Don’t give the usual gifts like perfume, purse, stilettos, which other people frequently gives and she can buy it herself too.
- The gift doesn’t have to be a purchased one; you can simply write a love letter on paper with your hand and attach a photograph reminding of your togetherness.
- A gift can also be a secret recording of your conversation with her on a particular topic which later turned into a sweet fight.
- Your surprise visit can also be a gift, the biggest gift for your partner.
- Stay Positive No Matter What
The most painful thing that requires a great amount of patience in long distance relationship is the ‘wait’. You need to remind your partner to be thankful that you both met and you still have a chance to stay together forever rather than crying on the long distance between you two.
- Be thankful for the little things that you both possess including the relationship that you share with each other.
- Be thankful for the handwritten letter that she sent you even if you did not like her handwriting.
- Be thankful to her for being so patient and still loving you from a far distance.
- Embrace the Mistakes
In every relationship especially the long distance relationship each partner try to put their best foot ahead so that the other partner doesn’t think less of you, this is not just to impress him but also to keep him close to you.
- Embrace their sentimental shortcomings and insecurities with your kindness and wisdom.
- As time passes, share your insecurities, vulnerabilities, the fears, pain, and wounds to your partner.
- When you see your partner has accepted your shortcomings and fears embrace them with dignity which will bring more confidence in both of you.
- Make the habit of sharing the most intimate secrets no matter how good or bad it is and make this habit appreciable.
- Clear Your Mind and Follow it
The biggest and the most important goal of any long distance relationship is to zero the distance and stay together because nobody wants to live in a long distance relationship forever. Every relationship needs a name every relationship settles down somewhere.
- Think and talk to your partner about what do they want to achieve from their relationship and how long are they going to be apart.
- Talking a goal will help you realize whether you are working together in the same direction towards a future, which has you both together.
- Make some financial Investments with mutual consult, which includes your personal interests and future planning.
- Maintain the Honesty No Matter What
Whether the relationship is long or not, the most important thing is staying honest with each other. Talk to each other especially about the feelings of fear and jealousy.
- Keeping things in your heart will bite you day and night it will lead to dark secrets.
- If you are honest with your partner you will get the strength of saying the truth upfront.
- Hiding the feelings will cross a point from where there is no return.
- Chalk a Goal in Your Mind and Try to Achieve it
Appreciate and indulge your partner’s online life by adding their friends, relatives and the closed ones into your friends list. Also, compliment them for their birthdays and anniversaries.
- Share cool things on your partner’s wall tag them wherever you think of them
- And also write the reason for remembering them with a personal note.
- Be cool and make it a casual habit of about stalking each other.
- Feel free to share old memories with your partner on Facebook and Twitter.
- Do not hesitate to ask questions to take advises online from your partner’s elder family members.
- Silence is Golden, Embrace it
Silence is golden, so give a total chance to your girlfriend to talk about her life while you patiently hear them one by one with the same curiosity.
- Do not show eagerness in taking credit for the gifts given and helps done to your partner by you.
- Do not talk excessively to strangers about your girlfriend’s daily routine and daily activities.
- All those things that she informs you on Skype are fun when kept only up to you.
- Remain clear about your health issues if you are facing any, caused by staying awake at late night to talk to your partner. Also, do let her know about it at a proper time.
It will be a healthy tip if I tell you that spending a long time over late night calls and early morning video calls with the help of comfortable headphones will be a healthy practice.
Do long distance relationships last?
Should you talk everyday in a long distance relationship?
You might think talking every single day when you‘re in an LDR is a must. The truth is, experts say it’s really not necessary and might actually be harmful to your relationship. “You don’t need to be in constant communication,” Davis says.
When to call it quits in a long distance relationship?
Is Cheating common in long distance relationships?
What are red flags in a long distance relationship?
What are some red flags in a long distance relationship?
- They’re Less Available.
- They Start Missing Phone/Skype Dates.
- Phone Calls Are No Longer Fun.
- You Start Making More Future-Oriented Plans Without Them.
- You Are Happier Alone.
What should you not do in a long distance relationship?
- One Word Texts.
- The Suggestion Of An Open Relationship.
- Excessive Flakiness.
- Being Hung Up On Mid-Argument.
- Too Much Jealousy.