Everyone wants to have a beautiful and decorated house and collecting some “aah” and “ooh” from those who come to visit your place. Remember to decorate your living room, bedrooms and dining rooms and even corners of your house, sometimes you forget about a place that is used the most of your dressing area. That place must be decorated well as it is the place you see yourself. Here are some tips on how to decorate your dresser well.
Before starting to decide how you want to decor your dresser, the most important thing is to clean it completely first.
- Wipe all the dust or marks away with homemade cleaning solutions, and demo any useless garbage that you keep throwing on top of the dresser.
- The cleaning of the dresser is important to start a new for decorating it, or else it will just be a slob of mess and insightful.
- After cleaning your center, it will be like a cleaning slate that you can fill with your choice of colors or figures or accessories and decorate it your way.
- Setting the Centre Stage
Once you’ve cleaned your dresser, it is important to find the right center stage for it. For your dresser to look amazing, finding it the right space is the very initial step, if the stage is not right, the performance will not be appreciated as much. Therefore, choose wisely as to where will it look the best.
- See whether the dresser will look in your bedroom or the wall beside you walking porch.
- It might go well in the wall against the living room too, given how big or small it is. The right location will feel just right when you put it there and take a look at it.
- Start with Mirror
One of the most important and compulsory things about decorating a dresser is obviously a mirror. A dresser is incomplete and not true to its name if you don’t have a mirror on it. Dresser’s purpose is to be used for getting ready for occasions and if you can’t see yourself in the mirror then what’s the point anyway.
- Make sure the size is just about right for the kind of dresser you’re going to decorate.
- It’s really important that you see whether you should hang the mirror, should it be portable on the dresser or should it be fixed with the dresser.
- The right management of the mirror is really important for your dresser to look beautiful or it will look disorganized.
- Light it up
Apart from the mirror, the very starters of a great mirror are to add a nice amount of lights on it. Not only adding lights gives a beautiful effect on the dresser but it looks really great and vibrant. Every decoration that you put on the dresser will just look better and brighter than without lights.
- You can put either string lights on your dresser or figured lights, to make your dresser look more beautiful than before.
- Also, you can attack light bulbs white or the colors that you prefer around your mirror boundaries, it will give a very nice effect to both the dresser and the mirror.
- If you want you can also use, led strip lights around the corners and the outlines of your dresser to make it more playful. Any of these will make it better and vibrant.
- Select Your Theme
When decorating your dresser, another important thing is to select the theme you want to apply to your dresser. You can either dress it basically without any set theme or choosing a theme is a really good idea as it will show the effect of your choices and what you like. Mostly, choosing a theme for the dresser is the most opted way of how people decorate.
- There are various options while choosing a theme and solely depend either on color or on a landscape or any of your favorite characters in life.
- Just make sure while choosing a theme that fits the size and the look of your dresser, if they don’t go coordinated with each other, it won’t be beautiful to look at.
- Size Matters
Yes, size here does matter the most. The size of your dresser will be the condition for you to decide everything about how you want to decorate and with what you want to decorate. The decorations must revolve around the size of your dresser. It is a rational and wise decision.
- If your dresser is a big size, then accordingly you need the kind of theme that makes it look big and open and not squeezed up.
- If your dresser is a small size, you don’t want to accessorize it too much as it might look smaller and more messed up in looks.
- Therefore, if the bigger the size the more stuff it needs, but if it is smaller then make it a dresser of very few items.
Now another thing you need to decorate apart from the dresser is the wall behind it. Yes! A dresser will look good only if the wall supporting looks good.
- You can paint it or make drawings on it or you can choose to put up supporting pictures or stickers or wallpapers, whatever that will complement your dresser really well.
- If you’re thinking of a dark theme for your dresser, you should go for light decorations or paint on your wall as it will then bring it the color and decorations of the dresser.
- You can put up marching wallpapers or color block stickers on the wall to go well with the dresser.
- If you want it can also be matching designs or themes with the dresser, sometimes it works too.
- Invest in Storage
Yes. Storage even though your dresser has its own cabinets and drawers, the dresser top requires to be accessorized with proper storage accessories in order to not make your stuff look messy. As a matter of fact, all of us have a habit of throwing things onto the dresser, be it lipstick, bands or even books or our phones.
- It gets really messy with everything thrown everywhere, so small storage accessories help in organizing those thrown things.
- You can use small ceramic bowls or hanging storage accessories to keep your small stuff in its place, which will make your dresser look cleaner than before.
- Add Height
You need to make sure that height should be added or shouldn’t be added based on the height of your dresser. If the height of your dresser is not much, then to make it look better you can add something that is longer than your dresser as it will complement it.
- If your dresser is wall mounted than adding height is not necessary as it will make it look too pushy and not very nice.
- If the height of the dresser is long and it is not mounted then you can use something like a vase to complement beside it. That will work best. Do not over crunch it.
- Add Mixed Sized Pieces
While decorating your dresser, keep in mind to not decorate it with same sized stuff. The size of your decoration’s pieces must be varied. They should be small, medium or large or whichever size you prefer, just different. Using the same sizes for decorations will make it look sloppy.
- Try adding pieces ranging from smaller to bigger as the more variety there is the more it is attention to detail.
- Differently sized decorations also make room for all the kinds of stuff that you like with more space to utilize.
- This will help in making your dresser look more stipulated and rational and not too much.
- Variety in Shapes
Just like the variety in sizes, during decorating the dresser, variety in shapes is also necessary. Everything that looks the same becomes very mushy when it comes to making it beautiful. Adding different shapes will make them more unique and vibrant.
- The best part about keeping different shapes is to keep it clean and precise. Every differently shaped accessory depicts different stuff in them.
- If there’s variety in shapes, it will be easier to keep changing your decor as it won’t be very noticeable and you will be able to do everything you want with those accessories.
- Divide Your Space
Dividing the space in order to decorate your dresser is also important. Therefore, for starters, you must divide your dresser into three parts. That is left, middle and the right part. Creating these three parts make it easy to form decorations and decorative ideas for your dresser. It is simpler than thinking ideas while you don’t divide it.
- Each side must be decorated with different style of pieces. The more variation in the kind of decorations for each side, the better look you’re going to get.
- Make sure to use the middle part of your dresser wisely, as it is the most forward and used part of your dresser.
- The Most Loved
One of the most loved dresser decorative themes there is the “Anchor Theme”. You can start by choosing an anchor price for the middle to go your dresser, as it is the main part. Look for something that narrows down the space between your ceiling and the middle bottom.
- A middle anchor piece reduces the empty space between the top and the bottom making it look adequately fuller and complete.
- Adding symmetry and balanced decorations or anchors on either side of the dresser will give a touch of warm feeling.
- Personal Touch
A personal touch is one of the most important things on a dresser. And for a personal touch, you can utilize things that are small, not very space-occupying and something that reminds you of yourself or your loved ones. It can be anything rat reminds you of sweet memories and the happy days of your life.
- It could be something that belongs to you or your loved ones.
- Or it could be a photo frame of you, your family and friends.
- Or you can use special Momentums that remind you of some very social and happy memories of your life.
- Always Start with the Middle
Yes. The middle part of your dresser is the part that is the main. Dressing it the right way and starting from it is really important. You should always start decorating it first and then the rest of your decorations must depend and revolve around that middle setting you have already done.
- If you’ve put something smaller in the middle, make sure to know to overshadow it with putting bigger stuff on the corners.
- This will hide the middle part and make it look less useful and unimportant than the other parts.
- Rather, put medium-sized accessories in the middle and detail it with big and small-sized accessories on either of the sides.
- Know the Purpose
The purpose is very important to be identified only then will the appropriate decorations will work. The theme can remain whatever you want it to be, but the decorations change with respect to the purpose the dresser is going to fulfill.
- See why and for what you are going to use your dresser.
- Is it supposed to be for you to get ready or for your bedroom in order to keep your stuff and utilize it for rather personal needs?
- If you’re using it in the dressing room, putting makeup stuff and other stuff that helps you in getting ready it is appropriate, but if you use it next to your bed, then keeping your glasses or phones seems in a more appropriate place.
- Choose the Material
Apart from taking into consideration all conditions, choosing the right kind of material is one of the most important steps when it comes to preparing your own dresser. You can use either artificial materials of various kinds or you can go with originals.
- If you’re looking up to use artificial material, in order to give it a more modern look, go with the kind of material that suits your environmental conditions.
- However, using original materials doesn’t create any questions for the atmosphere around; they survive coping with every weather conditions.
- Only the best-suited material shall be chosen, in order to prevent any problems in the future run and make it lasts longer.
- Right Areas for Storage
Yes, it is important to create appropriate space for storage but you should know which parts of your dresser must include it. Storage areas at the wrong place and the whole look of your dresser will get ruined.
- Make sure that your storage drawers are all at the lower areas of the dresser, it will provide you with a more classic and neat look.
- In order to get a more modern look, you can try adding drawers to the sidelines of your mirror, which will speak out to the modern looks.
- Do not put too much storage area it will make tour dresser look emptied and lesser storage drawers will make it look messy. Think it through.
- Maintain Your Dresser
This might sound easy but it actually isn’t. Once your dresser is all done and complete keeping it maintained daily is another task job. You need to keep it dusted and clean daily. Dresser is being an exposed piece of furniture, and the more you use it the more it needs to be maintained effortlessly.
- Make sure you do not forget about its actual use and start using it to throw every sort of things to make it look messy and ugly.
- Dust and clean it regularly so that it doesn’t start to fade out and lose its original look.
- Once in a while, do a deep cleaning of your dresser to get rid of small residues that are not treated while basic regular dusting.
- Finishing Touch
The finishing touch is Hi Fu Lee (optional), some people like to keep it clean and some want to keep it detailed. If you are the one who wants to keep their dresser detailed, then the finishing touch is a small and necessary step.
- For this, you can use either a small indoor plant that doesn’t need too much watering and goes well with the other decorations of your dresser.
- Or you can dress it with a small vase that can carry flowers, which you can change daily or even you can use small artificial planters if you want.
- Do not add too much stuff on the dresser, it won’t make it look fuller but messy and giver away an impression on how disorganized your personal belongings are.
- When it comes or adding colors to your dresser, go for pastel or brighter shades as it brings out the size of your dresser and making it look big even if the size is small. Its keeves a beautiful illusion and makes it vibrant and brighter.
What should go on top of a dresser?
How do you style the top of a dresser?
- Tall houseplant.
- Artwork standing on top of the dresser and leaning against the wall.
- Decorative basket or collectible.
- Tall pillar candle.
- A vase filled with flowers, either real or faux.
- Upright jewelry box.
How do you style a modern dresser?
Are dressers with mirrors out of style?
Should I remove the mirror from my dresser?
What can you do with a mirror from a dresser?
- Remove the mirror from the dresser.
- Cut wood for the shelf. Cut a 1×6 piece of wood 44-inches long.
- Stain the wood to match the dresser mirror.
- Attach the shelf to the mirror frame.
- Hang up the shelf on the wall.
- Decorate it!
How do I choose a mirror for a dresser?
What is a dresser with a mirror called?
What is a gentleman’s dresser?
What do you call a table with a mirror?
Why do dressers have mirrors?
Is dark wood furniture outdated?
Do bedrooms need mirrors?
Today, while many homeowners have phased out the dark and dreary feature in favor of neutral or brightly painted drywall, paneling remains in plenty of homes that haven’t been remodeled in decades.