If you have an Ebay listing that you want to delete for whatever reason, you can do so in just a few simple steps. Many people decide to cancel their listings because they no longer have the item or just changed their mind about selling it. It won’t take long at all for you to get through this process.
- Sign into Ebay
First you will need to sign into your account at www.ebay.com.
- Go to the Selling Page
Navigate to the Selling page by hovering your cursor over the My Ebay heading in the top right corner of the main homepage. You will see a drop down menu appear, and you’ll need to select the “Selling” option. You can also go to the Selling Section here.
- Navigate to the Activity Page
Next you will have to click on “Activity”, which can be found on the Sell menu. This will provide you with a full list of items that you are selling right now.
- Select the Items You Want to Cancel
Check the box next to any listings you wish to cancel. After you do that you will need to click “End”.
- Select a Cancellation Option
If you have an auction you want to cancel that currently has bids on it, you will need to decide which option to go with. You can select “Cancel Bids and End Listing Early” to delete all of the bids on the item and take the listing off Ebay completely.
You will also be able to choose the “Sell Item to High Bidder”, which will essentially end the listing and give the item to the current high bidder. If your listing ends in less than 12 hours, you will only be able to select the second option.
- Choose a Reason to End Your Listing
At the bottom of the page you will need to choose from a number of reasons as to why you are ending your listening.
These options include:
- The item is no longer available for sale
- There was an error in the listing
- There was an error in starting price, But it Now or Reserve Price.
- The Item was Lost or Broken.
- End Your Listing
After you have taken the opportunity to revise everything, you will need to click the “End My Listing” button at the bottom of the page. This will officially end your listening.
- If you want to cancel your listing because of inaccurate information, you can modify it very easily. Just click on the item you are selling and select the “Modify listing” option. This will give you the power to change any of the details of your listing so you won’t have to go through the trouble of relisting.
Remember that once you have deleted a listing of yours, it will be removed from Ebay forever. You can always choose to relist the item, but you will have to go through the process again.