In order for you to continue enjoying your Chrome OS, you should be aware of the extensions and applications which can hinder the smooth functioning of your device.
Uninstalling Chrome Extensions
To remove or uninstall an extension you don’t need any more, follow these steps.
- Turn on your machine and go to the launcher in the corner of your screen.
- Navigate to Chrome and open the browser.
- Under the Menu, click on the ‘Tools’ option and then look for extensions.
- In the extensions, look for the ones you want to delete and accordingly click on the ‘Remove’ option.
- Alternatively, you can temporarily disable the extension by following the same procedure, but choosing to disable instead of removing permanently.
Uninstalling Chromebook Apps
If some apps are taking up extra space on your machine and you want to get rid of them, don’t worry. Removing Chromebook applications is quite easy.
- Turn on your machine and go to the launcher.
- As you click on the ‘Upward Arrow’, you will get the list of applications installed in the system.
- On the app, you want to remove, right-click and click on ‘Uninstall’ or ‘Remove from Chrome’ option to remove that particular application from the system and free up some useful space.
- Alternatively, you can also add an extension or an add-on on your Chrome browser which will help you in uninstalling other applications and extensions.
Uninstalling Linux Apps from the Chromebook
Using Linux apps is the next big thing among Chromebook users. Yet if you are new to Linux, the first experience could be a tad daunting. Here’s how you can uninstall a Linux app from your Chromebook – https://support.google.com/chromebook/thread/4340572?hl=en.
- First, hit the terminal on your device and make sure that the application you are uninstalling is not currently in use.
- Next, type ‘sudo apt-get remove app_name’ in the terminal and replace ‘app_name’ with the correct and complete name of the application you want to uninstall.
- In order to remove the last remaining pieces of the application, type in the same command as above in the terminal and replace ‘Remove’ with ‘Purge’.
- Using Chromebook can be trickier than a traditional laptop data is mostly stored in the cloud, different design, and usage, etc.
- It is imperative for the user to be well versed with the functioning of the system.
- When removing a Linux based application, you should keep in mind that the name of the application you know could be slightly different for the computer.
For instance, ‘Firefox’ could possibly be known to the system as ‘Firefox-Launcher’.
How do I permanently remove unwanted extensions from Chrome?
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More > More tools > Extensions.
- On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
- Confirm by clicking Remove.
How do I get rid of unwanted browser extensions?
How do I disable Chrome school extensions?
How do I remove a school relay extension on a Chromebook?
- Open Google Chrome.
- Push Alt + F.
- Click Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find Relay Double.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
How do I remove Google meet extensions?
How do I remove gridview from Google meet?
To uninstall the extension, right-click on the Google Meet Grid View extension’s icon on your address bar. A context menu will appear on your screen. Select ‘Remove from Chrome’ from the menu. A confirmation message will pop-up on your screen.
How do I see everyone on Google meet?
- Launch Google Meet in your Chrome browser.
- Tap the Join or Start a Meeting button.
- Then, select Join Now.
- Finally, you can see everybody in the video chat. Instead of only four people.
What happened to Grid view in Google meet?
How do I fix grid on Google meet?
How do I turn Grid on Google meet?
- At the bottom right, click the icon with three vertical dots.
- Click “Change layout.”
- Select “Tiled” to see every participant in the meeting at the same time.
- To include yourself as a tile with the other participants, click the button that looks like four squares at the top right.
How do I fix my Google meet?
Clear your Google Meet cache and check the results. Navigate to Settings, select Apps, go to All apps and select Google Meet. Tap Storage, select the Clear cache button, and check if Meet works as it should now. If the problem persists, hit the Clear data option as well.
How do I Unmirror a Google meet?
How do I unblock a speaker on Google meet?
- On your computer, choose an option: Before a meeting, go to Meet. After a meeting starts, click More .
- Click Settings .
- Click Audio. the setting you want to change: Microphone. Speakers.
- (Optional) To test your speakers, click Test.
- Click Done.
Why is my camera mirrored on Google meet?
How do I record a Google meet?
- Open Meet.
- In a video meeting, at the bottom, click Activities Recording Start recording. Start.
- Wait for the recording to start.
- Click Stop recording when you finish.
- Click Stop recording again to confirm.