How to delete favorites in Safari on Mac
These steps are for deleting safari favorites on Mac OS 10.10 and 10.9.
- Open safari on your mac.
- From the menu bar located at the top, click on bookmarks.
- Then click on edit bookmarks.
- Select the bookmarks you want to delete.
- With bookmarks selected, right click from mouse and click on delete.
- If you want to undo the deletion, select edit>undo remove bookmark.
Note: There is also a quick method to delete items from favorite bar. Right click from mouse on the link placed at favorite bar and click on delete.
There are some exceptions you must be aware of them:
- You cannot delete bookmark menu or bookmarks bar.
- RSS feeds and history cannot be deleted. But you can delete bookmarks within them.
- If there are Bonjour and contacts/address book, they cannot be deleted. But if you want to delete them, you have to change settings.
For removing bonjour or contacts go to bookmark preferences and unselect them. Bookmark preference can be found in Safari Menu>Preferences>Bookmarks.
Tip for Safari users:
Picture in Picture Mode
Safari is very under rated browser on mac devices. But it has its own charm due to its capabilities. Here, we want to present picture in picture feature of safari browser also. By this feature you can watch videos on websites like YouTube and Vimeo. On Vimeo you will have a special button for picture in picture mood but for YouTube video, you have to double click on it and you will see option for this. Selecting this mode will pop out a window playing that video. You can drag it anywhere on the screen.
Search in all tabs
Almost every user opens multiple tabs while browsing on the internet. Safari manages all the tabs quiet well by gathering them all in the tab manager page. So, at this page press ctrl + F from keyboard to search between all the tabs.
Delete favorites in Safari in iPhone and iPad
Safari uses bookmarks to keep the most visited links. These are the steps used to delete the favorites in your Safari Browser.
- Open Safari Browser and click on book icon to open the bookmarks.
- Tap on edit option after tapping on edit you will be given four choices.
Edit bookmarks: This option is used to edit the bookmarks name website address or folder to do this tab on the bookmark and this will open the window of bookmark where you can edit all the information related to that bookmark.
Delete bookmarks: To delete a bookmark Tab on the circle located at the left side of each bookmark after selecting one or more bookmarks tap on delete button located at the top right corner of the screen the selected bookmarks will be deleted.
Reorder the bookmarks: This is used to change the order how the bookmarks look like tap and hold on a bookmark and you will have an icon on right side of it you can track the bookmark up or down.
New folder: Tap on New folder option and provide the name of the folder and location tap on done key and new folder will be created.
Add website shortcut to home screen
Is there is any website which you visit many times a day now you can add the shortcut to this website right on your home screen, follow the steps below to do so.
- Open the website in Browser which you want to add to the home screen.
- Tab box and arrow use which is used to create bookmarks.
- Now, in the popup menu tab at to home screen you can change the name of the web clip if you want and tap on add Save you have a web clip saved on your home screen tapping on this you will be redirected to the website link with it.
Share bookmarks across iCloud
You can also share your bookmarks on iCloud so that you can access it on all the other devices connected to this account open the settings in your iPhone Tab your profile on the top of the settings Tab on Safari to turn on sharing across all devices connected with this account.
How to add bookmark in Safari
If you don’t know how to add bookmarks in safari Browser then follow the steps below
- Open Safari browser and go to the website which you want to make bookmark.
- Tab on action button it looks like arrow, a popup menu will appear find and tap on add bookmark.
- Edit the details about the bookmark like its name. If you don’t want to edit name, you can leave the default one. You can also choose a location to save the bookmark. It can be a folder also.
- When you are done tap on save.
- Your website is successfully added to bookmarks.
Tip: Safari browser also allows you to change the background color. It is very important and good feature of Safari browser, because, it is proved to be very helpful for the readers having any strain to their eyes. If you want to change the background color of Safari Browser, follow the steps below.
- Enable reader mode in Safari browser by tapping the little four lines on the left side of the address bar.
- By default, the color is white. To change the color, you will see a telltale button.
- Different background colors will appear to you, select the color which you want to apply on the background. Done!
Find text in Safari browser webpage
Like Google Chrome Safari also allows you to search any word in the webpage. To do this;
- Tap on the action button it looks like a square having an arrow at the bottom of the screen, it will open up a menu.
- Tap on find on page from that menu type the word which you want to search on the web page.
How do you remove items from your favorites list?
How do I delete favorites from Safari on IPAD?
How do you edit favorites in safari?
- Click on the Sidebar icon in the upper left corner of Safari.
- Select the bookmarks icon.
- Open the Favorites section by clicking on the arrow.
- Click Edit.
How do I delete favorites on Macbook?
How do I delete favorites?
- Tap Search .
- Tap Favorites .
- Tap the three dots icon on Android or on iOS for More .
- Tap Remove .
How do I delete favorites from Safari on Macbook?
- In the Safari app on your Mac, click the Sidebar button in the toolbar, then click the Bookmarks button .
- Control-click the bookmark, then choose Delete.
How do you delete multiple bookmarks on a Mac?
How do I delete from favorites bar?
To delete bookmarks
- Locate the bookmark you want to delete.
- On the right side of the bookmark, tap the. icon.
- Tape the Delete option in the drop-down menu that appears.
How do you select and delete a bookmark?
How do I delete multiple bookmarks on my iPhone?
How do I delete multiple bookmarks in Safari?
Choose the bookmarks which you want to delete and click on “Delete” to remove the bookmark (You can also select one or multiple bookmarks and press “Delete” key) If you want to delete all bookmarks at once then simply go to “Edit” –> “Select All”, and finally click “Delete” button.
How do I delete all bookmarks in Safari on iPhone?
How do I delete bookmarks from Safari on iPhone?
Why can’t I clear my safari history?
How do I clear all my browsing history?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More. History.
- Tap Clear browsing data.
- Next to “Time range,” select how much history you want to delete. To clear everything, tap All time.
- Check “Browsing history.”
- Tap Clear data.