Notifications are given so that you don’t miss out on any important information.
PS4 gives out a lot of notificationsIt gives out notifications when a download has completed if your subscription is about to be renewed and even if one of your friends has gone online.
All the notifications piling up can be disruptive and inconvenient, not to mention annoying. Luckily, PS4 has an option to delete notifications. Follow these steps to delete old notifications from your PS4.
Viewing the Notifications
All your notifications are listed together with different icons for different types of notifications. On the PS4 home screen, go to Settings and select the Notifications option.
- You will see all your notifications given in a list. You may want to keep the important notifications and delete some old notifications to clear the clutter.
- Select the notification you would like to delete and press (triangle). This will delete that specific notification.
Deleting an Individual Notification
If you want to delete an individual notification, click on the box next to it.
- A tick mark will appear on the box, which means that the particular notification has been selected.
- Select the [Delete] option and that notification will be deleted.
Deleting All the Notifications on the List
In order to delete all the notifications on the list, click on the option [Select All] given at the top right of the screen.
- All the notifications will be selected. This will be indicated by tick marks on the boxes visible next to all the notifications.
- Select the [Delete] option and all of your notifications will be deleted.
- The notification list will be empty until any new notifications come.
Manage All Your Notifications
You can select which type of notifications you want to see by managing your notifications.
- Go to Settings > Notifications > Pop up Notifications.
- Tick the notifications you want to see and untick the notifications you want to turn off.
- You can even turn off all the notifications altogether.
- This way, you won’t receive any notifications and so you won’t have to worry about managing or deleting them.
In case you are not able to delete your notifications using the given steps, do the following:
- Log onto the official PlayStation website – PlayStation.com.
- Go to the Help section.
- Click on PlayStation4 support.
- In this section, you will see the title Type your issue or question. Below this, there will be a text box in which you can type your query.
- You will be redirected to the solution.
- Make sure you check the notifications before you delete them. Once deleted, you won’t be able to get the notification back.
- In case your notifications reach more than 100, the older notifications will automatically start deleting.
- However, up to 30 PlayStation Store notifications can be stored even if there are already 100 notifications.
Check the notifications as soon as you get them so that you can delete the unnecessary ones and clear the spam.