Before you delete your PayPal account, ensure you do the following:
- Remove your financial information for your card and bank accounts.
- Withdraw money from PayPal account to your local bank account before since all pending transactions will be lost. If the procedure for withdrawing the cash seems lengthy and untimely, request a check from PayPal. Though it may cost you’re a small fee.
- Alternatively, you can use the money to purchase goods from your preferred online store. When through, then you can head to the process of deleting your PayPal account.
NOTE: Once your PayPal account is deleted, you will not be able to access any information from the closed account. However, you can use the same email to Sign Up for a new PayPal account.
How to Delete PayPal Account
Click on the “Log In” button located on the top right corner of the window.
Provide your PayPal email address, and the correct password in the fields provided fields and then click on the “Log In” button. Before you’re allowed to close your PayPal account, you should verify your account. To verify your account, follow the steps provided below.
Find and tap on the “Summary” tab located in the upper part of the screen. If you can see this tab in the upper side of the window, click on the “Menu” tab in the top left corner instead.
Scroll down to the “More about your account” section and click on the “See how much you can send with PayPal” option.
Near the top of the window, click on the “Get verified” option. It’s important to note that Verified accounts are subjected to low transaction fees and restrictions in terms of the amount you can withdraw, send, and receive.
Follow the on-screen guidelines to get your account verified.
If you have any pending tractions or unresolved disputes, your account may not be cleared for closure until all the issues are resolved.
- In the top-right corner of the window, click on the geared “Settings” option to open more opportunities.
- Find and click on the “ACCOUNT” tab located on the upper side of the window.
- Scroll towards the bottom and click on the “Close” option located next to the “Close your account” found in the account section of the window. By doing that prompts a page with a list of possible reasons that may cause one to close a PayPal account.
- Provide honest feedback and continue to the next step.
- After that, provide the reason for closing your account and click on the “Continue” button.
- Lastly, click on the “Close Account,” and your PayPal account will undergo a permanent closure. You may have to wait a little bit without closing the browser until the account deletion process is completed. Once your PayPal account faces closure, it cannot be reopened. But you can use the same email address to open another one.
Alternatively, you can use the steps below to close your PayPal account.
- Using your Google Chrome browser for window ad Safari for Mac or using any other latest browser, head to paypal.com/myaccount/settings/.
- Find the “Close account” option in the upper part of the screen.
- Select your honest feedback option and continue with the process for account closure. After that, wait for PayPal verification and account closure confirmation.
Delete Business PayPal Account
Log in to your PayPal account using your credentials.
Next to the “Log Out” option, click on the “Profile” button.
After that, click on the “Profiles and Settings” button.
Next, click on the “Account settings” page.
Having done that, click on the “Close account” option positioned next to the account types. By doing that, your PayPal account will automatically get deleted.
How to Delete PayPal Account on Mobile
Unfortunately, PayPal does not allow you to delete your PayPal account directly on your mobile PayPal app. Therefore, using a computer or mobile browser is the best way to go. If you can get access to a computer, you can delete the PayPal account on the phone browser.
Delete PayPal Account from Facebook
- Log in to Facebook.
- Click in the menu located in the top-right corner of the page and then select the “Settings.” option.
- In the left side menu, click on the “Payments”
- After that, click on the “Account Settings”
- Click on the “Add Payment Methods” below the “Payment Methods” to add a new method. If PayPal is one of the payment methods, tap on the “Remove” to delete the account from your payments.
Delete PayPal Account from eBay
- Head to eBay website.
- After that, click on “My eBay” found on the upper part of most eBay pages.
- Locate the “Account” tab and click on it.
- Having done that, proceed and click on the “PayPal Account” link positioned on the left side of the open page.
Lastly, click on the “Remove Link” button, and you’ll be good to go.
How do I permanently delete my PayPal account?
- Log into your account on PayPal.com.
- Click the Settings icon in the top right.
- Under Account Options, click Close your account.
- If requested, enter your bank account information.
- Click Close account.
Can I delete my PayPal account and start again?
How do I close my PayPal account without logging in?
- Log in to your PayPal account. (You can not delete your paypal account without logging in).
- Click on Profile.
- Click on My settings.
- In Account type section click on Close Account.
- Follow the instructions to confirm deletion.
What happens if I cancel my PayPal account?
Does closing PayPal account affect credit?
Can PayPal keep your money forever?
Can PayPal freeze your bank account?
How do I get PayPal to release my money?
- Add Tracking.
- Update the order status if the held payment is for a service or intangible item (e.g. piano lessons, e-book) and you’ll get your money in 7 days.
- Print USPS or UPS shipping labels with us.
Why is PayPal shutting down accounts?
Will PayPal suspend my account?
Does PayPal block your account?
Who owns PayPal now?
Is PayPal owned by Google?
|Number of employees||c. 21,800 (Dec. 2018)|
Does China own PayPal?
Is PayPal owned by Elon Musk?
|Elon Musk FRS|
|Relatives||Tosca Musk (sister) Kimbal Musk (brother) Lyndon Rive (cousin)|