Once you have made up your mind to move to another service or simply remove all your data from the Picasa Pictures on your smartphone, remember to follow the below steps. One thing that you can notice is that it does not allow directly removing them from the Gallery.
- Do Not Sync Anymore
The Picasa album is generated by syncing your photos to the database so that it is available across devices. You can stop it by reading a FAQ at Picasa Support.
- Go to your Settings in the phone, and look for Accounts. Now, select the Google icon to find the email account you are using here.
- There are several options to check or uncheck, including Google Photos. Once you uncheck this, you can see “Sync is OFF”.
- Remove the Pictures
You want to remove the pictures from the gallery now, and that can be done is many ways.
- You can identify the locations and manually transfer or delete the photos from them.
- You can manually look for the photos that you want to delete and keep the rest of them.
- Removing Picasa Pictures from Your Gallery
When you have the Google account sync, the Picasa Albums create an unending series of thumbnails on your Gallery.
- As we have removed the sync from under Accounts, we have stopped further addition of data.
- Now, remove the Picasa Albums from your gallery by actually deleting all data from the Gallery app.
- To do so you have to go to the apps section and look for Gallery.
- Removing Gallery Completely
If you are running a stock version of Android, then you can remove the data collected by your Gallery app from under the apps section.
- Go to Settings, and look for Apps, find Gallery.
- This will take you the app with options to clear its cache or data or all data.
- Here you can choose to clear all the data, and the Gallery will become empty.
- Verify the Process
Once you go through the above step, the gallery will start deleting the data.
- Look for the Gallery app after some minutes to verify if the Picasa Albums and all albums were deleted.
- This will not delete the actual photos from other locations, but just their indexes from the Gallery.
- Refresh the Gallery
This can also be confusing to beginners because there is no refresh button to do to so.
- Open the app.
- Wait for some time.
- The thumbnails should erase, else do it manually.
- Manually Removing Thumbnails
You have to do this on your own even after waiting to auto-refresh. To do that, do the following steps:
- Select all the thumbnails in your gallery.
- Delete them from the gallery.
- On other versions of Android, you might have a different way.
- Now, no more photos will are added to your Picasa.
- It is a stop switch for Picasa and you can remove your app too after this.
To uninstall Picasa read.
Why can’t I delete Picasa photos on my phone?
Many users of Android devices will have found multiple image galleries with a Picasa icon that can‘t be deleted on their device. By default Google syncs the photos you’ve uploaded to Google+ or shared with Hangouts, but it is indeed possible to delete them by changing your sync options.
How can I erase pictures from Picasa?
Though you cannot delete multiple albums at once from the browser-based version of Picasa Web Albums, you can delete multiple photos at one time. Click “Organize” to find and select the photos to delete, press the “Ctrl” key, and then click each photo to delete. Click “Delete,” and then click “OK” to confirm.
Where are my photos from Picasa?
Where can I find my photos? If you have photos or videos in a Picasa Web Album, the easiest way to still access, modify and share most of that content is to log in to Google Photos. Your photos and videos will already be there.
How do I get my old Picasa photos back?
For Windows users:
- Step 1: Open the Recycle Bin on Windows Desktop.
- Step 2: Locate the deleted Picasa photos by the image thumbnail.
- Step 3: Right-click on the selected photos, select “Restore”.
Is Google Photos and Picasa the same?
Picasa is a computer-based program, Google Photos is cloud-based. Picasa is old, Google Photos is new. If you take your pictures with a smartphone, the Google Photos app is fully automatic for uploading your photos to your Google account online and making them available to all your devices, including your computers.
What is a good replacement for Picasa?
If you’re looking for intuitive and versatile photo management software, here are the five best alternatives to Picasa that you can use in 2021.
- ACDSee – Photo Studio Home.
- Adobe Lightroom CC.
- Luminar 4.
- Google Photos.
Why was Picasa discontinued?
Google stated that the primary reason for retiring Picasa was that it wanted to focus its efforts “entirely on a single photos service” the cross-platform, web-based Google Photos.
Is Picasa still good in 2020?
Though Picasa is a well-known photo organizer and editor, Google has had much more success with its newer photo storage and sharing application, Google Photos. Though the program will continue to work if you currently use it, or download it before it’s shutdown next month, Google will not offer future updates.
Is Google Photos shutting down 2019?
In its latest move, Google is now shutting down its popular Google Photos free unlimited storage. The company has stated that they will be ending the free service from June 1, 2021. However, all photos which were uploaded previously – before June 1 will still be available under the free unlimited storage option.
Is there a new version of Picasa?
Picasa Latest version 3.9. 141.259. Picasa provides you with all the features that are used in a photo-editing program, but free of charge. With Picasa you can resize your images, crop them, remove red eye, add effects, retouch, enhance colors, and much more.
Does Picasa Web albums still exist?
Picasa no longer works online, so you will not be able to add or sync albums or individual photos. Learn how to back up photos and videos to Google Photos.
Is there a version of Picasa for Windows 10?
Yes, you can download Picasa for Windows 10. The program runs smoothly and is compatible with most devices you may have. You can easily import pictures from your camera to your computer through the Picasa software.
How do I edit photos in Picasa 3?
In order to edit an individual picture in Picasa, simply double-click on the picture’s thumbnail sitting in your Picasa library. Once you’ve done this, you’re taken to the editing screen with three tabs of options to the left of the editing workspace: Basic Fixes, Tuning, and Effects.
Is Picasa a photo editor?
Picasa provides a variety of fixes and effects so you can improve photos or create something unique. To make simple edits, click Basic fixes .
What is Picasa 3 used for?
What is Picasa 3? Picasa is an image organizer and image viewer for organizing and editing digital photos, plus an integrated photo-sharing website. Picasa is 3 supports Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, and has Google+ integration for users of that service.