If you own an above ground pool, you need to drain the pool from time to time. This is important since you need to properly maintain the pool and ensure the pool’s proper upkeep. There are several ways you can drain the water from your pool.
How to Drain an Above Ground Pool with Sand Filter?
If your pool has a sand filter, then draining the pool is an easier process. You can use the sand filter’s mechanism itself in draining the pool.
- You can use the multiport valve in lowering the water of the pool. This is one of the easiest ways you can use to lower the water level in the pool.
- You need to be turning the multiport valve into the waste position. Then, you need to roll out the backwash hose so that the water drains away.
- In case you have a slide valve, you need to be backwashing the filter.
How to Drain the Last Few Inches of Water from Above Ground Pool?
You will find that draining the water of the pool is easy except for the last few inches. To remove these last few inches, you will need some specialized techniques and assistance.
- You can use a wet vacuum for sucking the last few inches of water out of the pool. If you don’t have that, you can manually sweep the rest of the water into the drain.
- You can even choose to separate the pool liner and then empty it somewhere else. If none of these techniques suit you, you can contact a pool maintenance service.
How to Drain a Pool with a Garden Hose?
Draining a pool with a garden hose is the simplest way you can use to almost empty your pool. The best part is that you will need no sophisticated equipment or pumps to empty your pool.
- Take your garden hose and submerge one end of it inside the pool. Then attach the other end to the faucet and turn on the water for about 30 seconds.
- Now, you need to turn off the water and quickly lower the end that was attached to the faucet. Make sure that the lowered end is below the water level.
How to Drain an Above Ground Pool without a Pump?
Your pump may be broken or you may have never owned a pump to empty your pool. In such a case, you don’t need to buy a pump just to empty your pool.
- You can use a simple garden hose or pipe to empty your pool. Submerge one end of the pipe within the pool.
- Then you need to leave the other end at a level lower than the water level. Now, you can give the pipe a hard tug or suck on the lowered end a little.
- You need to be keeping a watch as the water drains.
How to Drain Water from the Pool after Rain?
Your pool may have too much water after rain so you need to be draining it. You will need to drain the polluted water from the pool after a drain.
- You can buy a utility pump to help in draining your pool. If you don’t have one, you can use your pipe or garden hose in draining the pool.
- If your pool has an overflow, then you can just push some water out of the pool.
- If you have a filter in your pool, then you can use the filter valve itself to drain the pool.
- If you don’t own a pump, then you don’t need to go out and purchase one to empty your pool.
- You can use a garden hose to quickly empty your pool but make sure that you are keeping a watch.
- You can remove the last few inches of water manually or by using a pump to completely empty the pool.
Can you completely drain an above ground pool?
How do I drain my pool fast?
How do I drain my Intex pool with a garden hose?
How long can you leave an above ground pool empty?
How do I get the water out of my Intex pool?
How do I get rid of the last 2 inches of water in my pool?
- Use a wet vacuum to suck the stagnant water.
- Sweep the liquid into the drain.
- Remove the pool liner and flip it over somewhere your property to get rid of extra water.