The poppy flower is the one that has been so much overused in the media, in and around us, that it should be a starting point to draw flowers. They are the simplest ones with rounded petals and some stamen at the center on long anthers. If you don’t understand the biological jargons, do not worry, we shall follow a picture and go step by step here.
Gather the References and Materials
Before we begin, we will need a reference picture to start with. You will see it carefully and follow the steps given here.
- Find a simple poppy flower picture as a model.
- Grab your pencil and eraser.
- Also, get some rough papers like the backside of used A4 documents, old notebooks, newspapers with white space in them too will work fine.
Draw the Guide for the Petals First
If you see your picture, the petals are the only things you can see easily. Now, to make them you have to learn to draw some circles as guides.
- Draw a small circle about one cm.
- Draw five circles if you need five petals, and five is good, around this small circle.
- These should be double the size of the small one and completely surround the small.
- Draw them in a clockwise manner one after the other, touching the small circle at their base.
- Now, the guide is ready, and it should look like a small circle in the center with five circles around it.
Draw a Petal on the Big Circle Guide
- Consider the big circle as the guide for the petal.
- Looking closely, you can see they are like apples, with the broader part on the outside and the smaller base of apple inside towards the center.
- Draw this, an apple on the bigger circle as a guide, with its top part outwards, and bottom part inward.
- Erase the rest of the circle that falls outside the apple.
Repeat for Other Petals
Remember that these petals are like small apples with the top portion, broader portion, outwards, and the smaller or base portion inward. They touch the small circle at the center as if sitting on them.
- We are drawing five petals, so we will draw five apples.
- Start with the second one, and then the third one and continue.
- Remember that some apples may overlap on another one and its fine.
- Erase one of the overlapping lines, if so.
- Then the erased petal will seem under the other petal.
Add Some Details to the Petals
Once you have done all the five petals and erased any overlapping lines from the bigger circles or the apples after you made them, we will add details.
- Draw some lines short and long at random from the inner circle towards outside over a petal.
- Do not overdo them, just three or four lines.
- Draw them inside each petal.
- Now, add the details to the center circle. This is the part that has small stalks with rounded seed-like things hanging on them.
- Draw small lines about five or seven of them arising from the center circle, 1 cm in length.
- Draw small, tiny ovals at the top of them, at other ends.
- This completes the poppy.
- You can also think of the petals like triangles with a curved outward bulge on one side, the corners are rounded.
- The triangle sits with one corner inside touching the inner circle, and two corners outside.
How do you draw a simple poppy?
How do you draw a poppy on Remembrance Day?
How do you draw a poppy from a troll for kids?
How do you draw a easy California Poppy?
What do poppy leaves look like?
Poppy flowers typically have four or six petals. Poppy foliage is easily identifiable: poppy flower leaves are lobed or dissected, appearing lacy, frilly or fern-like. Poppies generally release a sticky sap that looks like milk when they are cut.
What does the poppy flower symbolize?
Why does the Queen wear 5 poppies?
What does a pink poppy mean?
What does Poppy mean in English?
: a type of plant that has bright red or orange flowers and that is the source of opium also : its flower. See the full definition for poppy in the English Language Learners Dictionary. poppy. noun. pop·py | \ ˈpä-pē \
Is Poppy a word?
any plant of the genus Papaver, having showy, usually red flowers. any of several related or similar plants, as the California poppy or the prickly poppy.
How do you spell poopy?
Are poppies acting?
What color is a poppy?
Its flowers range in color from white to purple and any shade of red or pink in between. Poppies produce seeds prolifically.
What is the story behind Poppy?
Is Poppy a robot?
Is Poppy a girl?
|The name Poppy is derived from the name of the flower.|