Edit Youtube Videos on Laptop
Option 1: Using Built-In Editing Tools
Edit Videos On PC
- Transfer all the videos that you’d wish to edit from the phone and camera to your PC before you can start editing your clips.
- After that, navigate to the folder containing the videos that you’d wish to delete. This could be easy if you stored your videos in a single folder with sub-folders.
- Having done that, go ahead and right-click on your chosen video to open a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, locate and click on the “Open With” option. Doing so prompts a pop-out menu list to appear.
- Click on the “Photos” option found in the pop-up menu.
- Navigate to the Top-right corner of the window and click on the “Edit & Create” By doing that, a drop-down appears.
- In the drop-down menu, locate the “Create a movie with the text” and click on it.
- Next, name your project. Name your project and hit on the “Ok” button to save the new name.
- Left-click and drag the clip you want to edit from the top-left of the window to the “Storyboard” section. It’s found at the lower part of the window.
- Having done that, it’s now time to edit your videos.
- At this point, you should start by trimming your video. To do that, click on the “Trim” and then position the siders to cover the arear that you want to retain. Having done that, click on the “Done” button.
- After that, you need to resize your video to a desirable size. To do that, click on the “Resize” option. From the menu, click the “Remove Black Bars” or “Shrink to fit”
- With that done, go ahead and add Filters. To do that, click on the “Filters” and add your filters from the left pane. When through, click on the “Done” button.
- Next, click on the “Text” to create and format the title of your video. When through with that, click on the “Done” button.
- Last but not least is the motion of your clip. To adjust your clip’s motion, click on the “Motion”
- Click on the “Theme” option at the top of the window and choose your theme. If you’re impressed with the theme you’ve selected, click on the “Done” option to keep your changes.
- Next, click on the “Music” option to set your music. You can choose your songs or choose from the windows preset songs. To add your music, click on the “Your music” option and select the folder where your song is stored. Click on your music file and then click on the “Okay” option.
- When everything is pleasing, you should now save your clip for future use. To keep your edited video, click on the “Export” or “Share,” and then select a file size. With that done, click on the “Show in File Explorer” Your video is now ready for sharing on Youtube and other sites that accept video upload.
Edit Youtube Videos on Mac
Start by transferring your videos from other devices such as mobile phones and cameras to an organized desktop folder for convenience. You can use a USB cable or SD card to transfer the files.
Open the folder holding your video clip and click on the video file that you’d wish to edit.
Having done that, navigate to the upper left pane and click on the “File” tab. By doing that, a drop-down menu will appear on the screen.
From the “File” drop-down menu, select “Open with” With that done, a pop-up menu will appear.
From the pop-up, click on the “iMovie”
After that, move the clip to the editing area by clicking and dragging it from the top-left side to the editing toolbar.
Add background music of your choice. To find music for your file, click on the “Audio” located at the top of iMovie. Look for a song that impresses you and then drag it to your editing area.
Having done that, proceed and add text to your video to make it more elaborate and attractive. To do that, click on the “Tittle” tab and look for the best title to use. When you find an impressive one, drag it to the editing area, just above the video you’re editing. Next, change the texts of your tittle and adjust the length of the title.
Trim unwanted section of your clip to make it a great piece. You can do that by clicking at the starting point of the video and then press on the “⌘ Command + B” With the starting point marked click at the point where you want your video to end and press on the “⌘ Command + B” the same way you did at the starting point.
Having marked the section that you’d like to retain, right-click on the portion you’d wish to discard and then select “Delete” from the drop-down menu.
Make adjustments to your video by clicking on it and then dragging either the right or the left side towards the center of the clip. When you attain a desirable length, stop.
After working on all the aspects of your video, the next step is to get it saved for future use. To get your file saved in a playable format, follow the steps below.
Navigate to the upper-right corner of the window and then click on the “Share” icon.
After that, confirm whether the settings that appear in the pop-up menu are correct. If correct, click on the “Next”
Type in your file’s name under the “Save As” And then select the destination of the file under the “Where”
Finally, hit on the “Save” And your video will be readily available for sharing and uploading.
Option 2: Edit A Video On A Laptop Using Third-Party’s Application
There are many professional video editing software out there that you can use to perfect the quality of your video, but we’ve sampled a few common ones below.
- Adobe Premiere: It’s one of the most intuitive video editing software that is worth trying. It comes with a host of professional features to make your video a pro-rated one. In addition to that, it works perfectly on both PC and Mac computers.
- DaVinci Resolve: It’s yet another excellent software for editing videos that you can use to give your clips professional touch. It’s a new, open-version, and free program that you can check out.
- Final Cut X Pro: This was the industry standard software popular with the Mac computers but have gotten weak over time. That being said, this program is still great for professional video editing work.
Edit Youtube Videos on iPhone and iPad
Method 1: Edit Youtube Video On iPhone Before Uploading
Launch your Youtube app on your iPhone or iPad.
When the Youtube app opens, locate the video camera icon on the upper side of the screen around the center and tap on it. If you’re getting to Youtube for the first time, allow the app permission to access your videos when prompted.
If you already have a recorded video to edit, tap on the video. However, if you do not have a recorded video, you can record one by simply tapping on the “Record” button.
Now that you have a video to upload, you need to trim it and remove parts such as the beginning part with no audio. To do that, follow the steps below.
Start by tapping on the scissor icon located at the bottom-left of the window to open an editing tool.
Having done that, proceed by dragging the left side slider to the start point of your video and drag the right one to your prospected video end.
After that, tap the video to watch it in the preview mode to find out how it would look like. If you’re pleased with the way your edited video would appear, tap on the “Next” button to have your edited video save.
After trimming the video, the next step is to add effects and filters to make it more attractive. You can do that effortlessly by choosing one of the built-in filters to give your video a stunning look. Use the steps below to add built-in filters.
Start by navigating to the bottom center of the screen and tapping on the magic wand.
Swipe left across the displayed filters and look for the one that impresses you.
When you come across your favorite filter, tap on the filter to apply it.
Preview how your filter would look like when you upload the video.
If you’re okay with how the video looks with filter, tap on the “Next” By doing that, the video will get saved.
Set background music for your video to make it more attractive not only to watch but also to listen. Below are the steps for adding background music to your video.
Navigate to the lower-right corner of the screen and tap on the music note.
Having done that, go ahead and tap on the Plus (+) to allow you to add the song that you’d like to use as the background music for the video.
With that done, it’s now time to add the best song by tapping on it. When done with that, tap on the video preview to find out if it’s how you expected. If not to your satisfaction, you can still go back and edit the video. And if it impresses you, you can proceed and tap on the “Next” to save your video.
Now, add your video title and the descriptions. This is pretty simple to do. All you should do is to add your video title in the first blank and a description to your title in the second blank.
Choose your privacy option. To do that, tap on the “Privacy” and choose either Unlisted, Private, or Public. Also, you can add tags by typing each tag into a box at the bottom of the screen. Tags are essential since they are used by the search engines to rank your work and make your video readily discoverable.
Having handled each step carefully, tap on the “Upload” button located on the upper-right corner of the screen. By doing so, your content will get uploaded. Voila! You can now grab a cup of tea and relax your nerve. Congratulations!
Method 2: Edit Youtube Video Online On iPhone
Unlike the pre-upload editing of Youtube videos, this method allows you to edit titles, tags, descriptions, and Privacy only. As such, you cannot make changes to the video itself. If you wish to edit your uploaded Youtube videos, the following steps are handy.
- Find the Youtube icon on your home screen and tap on it to launch. By doing that, you’ll get directed to the Youtube homepage.
- Navigate to the bottom right corner and tap on the “Library”
- In the “Library” section, tap on “My Videos” located at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to find the videos that you want to edit. If you cannot find them on the top pages, type some specific keyword related to the video and then click on “Search”
- Having done that, tap on the three-dot icon resembling this one ⁝ found next to the video’s name. Doing that will open the menu.
- After that, tap on the “Edit” option. There will be first two blanks on the upper part of the “Edit details” Edit title in the first blank and the description in the second blank.
- With that done, proceed to the “Privacy” settings. To edit, tap on the “Privacy” and a dropdown menu will appear. After that, make your selections.
- Having done that, proceed to the “Tag” box near the bottom of the page and type in new tags.
- Confirm if you’ve worked on all the required fields. Correct any mistake, if any, and then click on the “Save” located on the upper-right corner of the screen. After that, the changes will update.
Edit Youtube Videos on Android Phone and Tablets
Method 1: Using the third-parties app: Videoshop – Video Editor
Download and install Videoshop on your Android phone or tablet.
After that, launch the app and then tap on the option to create an album.
Having done that, select the video you’d wish to edit.
The Video Editor will automatically import the video to the editor’s screen.
With your video on the editors’ screen, you can trim, split, or cut the video at any point. In addition to that, you can also add texts, music, sound, transition, rotate, and resize. Further, you can change brightness, change contrast, and others.
After that, click on the “Next” link to add filters and themes to your video.
When through with editing, you’re your Youtube video, navigate to the upper-right of the screen, and tap on the “Share” icon.
At the “Save to window” tap on the Youtube icon for the app to compile the video.
Navigate to the “Preferences” then choose whether you want the video to be private or public.
Finally, tap on the “Upload” link, and the app will upload your final video to Youtube.
Method 2: Editing Youtube Video On Youtube Using Android Phone Or Tablet
Launch the Youtube app on your Android mobile phone or tablet. By doing so, you will be directed to the Youtube homepage.
Tap on the “Library”
After that, click on “My Videos” and then find the video that you’d like to edit.
Next to your video, tap on the three dots to open the menu.
Having done that, tap on the “Edit” button.
Edit your title, descriptions, tags, visibility, and location.
Finally, tap on the “Save” button to get your changes updated on Youtube.
Edit Youtube Videos on Chromebook
Download and install Cyberlink PowerDirector to your Chromebook:
- Find the Google Play Store from the app drawer and lunch it.
- When the Play Store opens, click on the search bar and then type in “Cyberlink” By doing so, a list of apps will appear.
- From the results, click on the “PowerDirector Video Editor App” This app has a blue background with a camera and a film strip graphic.
- After that, click on the green “Install” button. This prompts the app to download to your device.
Set up the Cyberlink PowerDirector:
- Open the “Cyberlink PowerDirector app” by clicking on the open button that appears on it in the Google Play Store after it has downloaded and installed successfully. Alternatively, you can click on the Cyberlink PowerDirector application icon on the desktop.
- After that, click on the “New Project” located at the lower center of the screen to start a new task.
- Click on the box below the project name to type in the name of the project that you want to start.
- With that done, choose your aspect ratio that’s appropriate for your device. You can select the 16:9 ratio for a full screen, or the 9: 16 for the mobile screen. By doing so, a pop-up menu will appear.
- Click on the “Ok” button located in the bottom-right corner.
Import the video clip and edit:
- Locate the media import menu resembling an icon with a film strip and a music note.
- Click on a video folder or a video icon on your computer, shoot a video, or import a video from Google Drive.
- Click on the video that you wish to upload to Youtube. Before you click on the video, you will notice that the video has a plus sign.
- Click on the “+” sign to add the video to the timeline located on the lower part of your screen.
- Click on the video in at the lower part of the screen to convert it to edit mode. After that, you can utilize a host of the video editing tools available in this section to trim, split, edit, and delete the video.
When it comes to editing the video, you have the following options to Flip the video, control volume, speed control, duplicate video, crop video, reverse the video, rotate video, tutorial and much more. With these tools, you shouldn’t have an excuse for an unattractive video.
Import sound clips and edit:
- Navigate to the left-sidebar and click on the “filmstrip and music notes”
- Click on the icon, having two music notes located on the upper side of the app. Doing so will prompt the music folders that you can import music from to appear.
- Click on the sound folder to choose music from either Google Drive or Music folder. Alternatively, you can record sound using your mic or just click on the “Get Sound Clips” to download more sound effects.
- After that, click on any music track to listen to the song.
- Click on the plus icon on the video and add the music to the timeline for easy retrieve and edit. Just like it was for editing a video file, this section provides you with a wide range of tools to customize. You can trim, flip, download, and Edit tools.
Save your work and produce your project:
- Click on the video file having a film strip and a small arrow towards the right-hand side.
- After that, click on the “Save” This will get the project saved for later use.
- Find and click on the video file icon with a right-pointing arrow and a film strip.
- Navigate to the film menu and click on the “Produce video” Doing that gives a single video output that you can upload to Youtube.
- Preview your video to find out whether it’s the way you wanted. If not satisfied, you can edit it further.
Note: With all the above steps, you can make yourself fantastic Youtube videos that are scroll-stopping.
How do you edit YouTube videos for free?
- YouTube Studio.
- Apple iMovie.
- Windows Photo App.
- Videoshop – Video Editor.
- Windows Movie Maker.
What do professional YouTubers use to edit videos?
- Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Final Cut Pro X.
- Adobe After Effects.
How do you edit YouTube videos for beginners?
How can you cut a YouTube video?
Can I edit a YouTube video that is not mine?
Can you edit a YouTube video after posting?
How do you edit YouTube videos in 2020?
Can you edit a YouTube video on your phone?
Is iMovie good enough for YouTube?
What’s the best editing app for YouTube?
Video editing apps for YouTube: The 5 best tools
- Adobe Premiere Rush. The best video editing app for YouTube overall.