Embed Your Own Video on Twitter for Android and iPhone
With the built-in features of Twitter, you can embed live videos, record videos straight away while on Twitter, or import videos. However, the easiest way is to record a video and embed it. The following are some of the options to record a video and embed it on Twitter.
Option 1: Record a video and embed it on Twitter
- Swipe to your left-hand-side from the “Timeline” If it’s your first time to record a video on Twitter mobile, you’ll have to give Twitter permission first.
- After that, tap and hold on the capture icon to start recording a video and release the icon when done. If you’d wish to add a video description, tap on the “What’s happening and type your text in the field provided. You can also add the location if you prefer doing so.
- When you’re through, tap on the “Tweet” button located on the right-hand side of the text field to post it.
After recording your video, you can edit it if it exceeds 2minutes and 20 seconds.
- To edit your video, tap on the “Trim” option to size-down your video.
- When through with edits, you can tap on the “Play” button to preview it before you can post it.
- Finally, tap on the “Tweet” to post. If you’d wish to remove the video before getting it online, tap on the “X” icon at the top before clicking on the “Tweet” and you will be good to go.
Embed A Video From Someone Else’s Tweet
- On iPhone
- Scroll to the video that you’d wish to embed on your tweet.
- When on the video, tap and hold on the “Play” for the tweet’s video you’d wish to post.
- Navigate to the lower part of the screen, tap on the “Tweet video” icon. By doing so, a URL will appear.
- Compose your tweet and get it posted together with the video.
- On Android and other non-iPhone mobile devices
- Navigate to the tweet containing the video that you’d wish to re-post.
- Copy the link to the tweet from which you want to copy the video and re-post.
- Past the link to your tweet and add extension “/video/1” without the quotation marks at the end of the URL. When you post your tweet, the embedded video will also get published.
- Embed videos to Twitter using Windows PC and Mac
- Using your desktop computer, navigate to Twitter.com and login to your account.
- Scroll to the tweet to locate the tweet with the video you intend to copy.
- After that, navigate to the upper right side of the screen and click on the dropdown menu.
- Having done that, go ahead and click on the “Embed Tweet”.
- Copy the whole text that appears, paste in the notepad and then copy the URL.
- Find the second URL from the text you pasted in the notepad and copy it.
- Compose your tweet and then paste the URL at the bottom of your tweet to embed the video when you post the tweet. And that’s it.
Embed a Youtube video on Twitter
- Using your web browser, navigate to the Youtube video you’d wish to embed.
- After that, click on the “Share” button.
- Next, click on the “Embed” button.
- Copy the HTML code displayed.
- Finally, paste the code into at the bottom of your tweet, and the video will get embedded in your tweet.
Note: You cannot post a video longer than 2 minutes and 20 seconds in a tweet, but you can upload up to 512mbs video tweet.