Have you ever stuck in a situation where you washed your laundries in your washer, but the water remains in it even when you switch to the “drain” switch? Well, that is possibly one of the most frustrating and confusing for what’s wrong with your machine. Follow these simple steps to get rid of such plucking situations.
Check the Drain Hoses and Other Pipe Connections
The chances of the drain hose to get kinked or pressed under the weighted thing are very high. Due to this, the flow of the drainage water stops and the water inside the washer becomes steady. For solving this issue;
- Check the drain hose if it is in the proper position or not.
- Pull the drain hose to straighten it and then release it on the ground floor or in a bucket to collect the drain water.
- If the water is still not coming out, get your washing machine in a place where you could let the drain water to tumble to the floor and disconnect the drain hose from it.
- After disconnecting the drain hose, check the drain hose and the connecting point thoroughly for any clog in it.
- Clean the clog suitably and then reconnect the drain hose and switch on the “drain” mode of the machine.
Inspect the Water Pump
Sometimes the water pump of the washing machine itself gets a clog in it which may further lead to break the impeller of the pump as well. Check if this is happening in your case.
- Open the back panel of the washing machine to get a proper view of the pump. Kindly check the user manual of your washing machine to know the proper location of the water pump.
- Check whether the pump is having any leakage or any broken belt or any other similar visible issue. If this is happening in your case, it is recommended that you call the technician and get your water pump repaired or replaced. However, if you know to fix small things on your own, you could possibly try yourself to fix it.
- If everything appears to be in a good condition, operate the machine carefully and check if the water pump is making any unwanted noise while operating. If this is your case, it is recommended to get your machine repaired from an experienced technician.
Check if a Drain Vent is Configured in Your Washing Machine
In most of the automatic washing machines, there is a dedicated air vent included in them. This air vent prevents the tendency of creating the vacuum inside the machine while the water drains out of the machine. Check if your machine is having this feature and if yes, you need to clean your air filter in a timely manner.
Take the Help of the Professionals
The above-mentioned steps will help you to drain the water from your machine instantly. But if you were not able to diagnose your machine with above-mentioned points, call the mechanic or a washing machine professional to fix the problem for you.
- Always plug out your washing machine before getting your hands into its back panel.
- Never exert an excess amount of force on your pump, drain hose; belts etc. as it can severely damage the parts of your washing machine which may further extend your repairing expense on your machine.
Wash your washing machine after every use with clean water to clean the clog which might get stuck in your washing machine after its use.
Why is my washing machine full of water?
How do you drain a washing machine without flooding?
- Step 1: Turn off the power and lay down towels. For safety, unplug the machine.
- Step 2: Locate the drain hose at the back of the washing machine.
- Step 3: Drain the water.
- Step 1: Turn off the power and lay down towels.
- Step 2: Locate the drain hose.
- Step 3: Drain the water.
- Step 4: Scrub the filter.
How do you drain a washing machine mid cycle?
Why is my washer not draining?
How often should you drain your washing machine?
What do I do if my laundry is too wet?
Does Spin Cycle drain water?
What happens if you dry soaking wet clothes?
Can you put wet clothes in a washer?
How long does it take for wet clothes to mildew?
What to do with soaking wet towels?
Can baking soda ruin your washing machine?
Can vinegar ruin your washing machine?
Do you need to drain your washing machine?
How do I get water out of my washing machine for moving?
How do I unblock a washing machine waste pipe?
Ads by Google