Lock picking being unethical to practice is sometimes handy for resolving many unexpected technical problems in our daily life. Even though it sounds like rocket science, lock picking can be learned by putting in a bit effort and properly using your mind and patience. In the current scenario, when you have several sources to obtain any kind of information, wide research will help you in this. Now coming to washing machine locks, you never know when you’ll be losing the quarter you carried for the laundry, where this might be helpful.
- Identify and Study about the Locks on a Washing Machine
Not every kind of lock can be picked in the same way. There are different locks for different devices, and each has its own mechanisms. Primarily, you have to identify the lock and then proceed to study the basics of it and then how to unlock it.
- Check out the device, the brand and the model of the washing machine and find out the type of lock fitted in it.
- You will get access to such information by conducting a detailed study on the official site of the brand or any manual or catalog or put up a query in any respective platforms.
- Most commercial machines, such as washing machines or other coin-operated appliances come with tubular locks.
- Tubular locks come with cylindrical keys or cylindrical lock picking devices. Once you are sure about the lock, you’ll be one step ahead in learning about the various ways and keys to unlock the device.
- Go to the Web, Watch Tutorials, Learn and Practice
Practice and patience are what builds a skilled lock picker. There is a vast range of answers for your questions and sources for information out there on the Internet available. Go search it out, filter it, make notes maybe? Gather what all information you could about the topic.
- The thing about tubular locks seen in a washing machine is that when the appropriate key is inserted, the pins which are movable, line up. The wrong alignment of the pins won’t open the lock. Lockpickers usually use several types of equipment to identify the pressure to locate the right position of a pin. What you have to do is to explore the mechanism of tubular locks so that you could understand the nature of the pins and its location.
- Also, there are several devices to pick tubular locks, some which are inserted and turned gradually, aligns the pins inside to form the right pattern to open the locks. Try finding the places from where you could access such devices from. Count the number of pins and be aware of the criterion.
- Once you get an idea, and also if any lock picking device, try to unlock any basic locks to learn the system. For example, check out if tubular locks come along any domestic appliances and try picking it. You can also use a ball-point pen for lock picking but would be complex for washing machine locks.
- Consult a Locksmith
Now, this is one of the basic and safest options of them all. You might be unable to pick the lock yourselves, but you also might not have to undergo all the effort to actually learn the technology.
- Try talking to any familiar locksmith and familiarize yourself with the price and time took to do it. Explain why you are asking them to open the lock, remember that a qualified and ethical locksmith will only take up genuine requests and not illegal ones.
- Make sure that you are not making the locksmith to open any unauthorized locks, try not to get the person into any trouble.
- Consult the Agency
This might also be a straightforward way to combat your genuine problem. The lock can be opened cleanly, safely, without any misconceptions or damage.
- Check the brand and model and call up the company to request their help.
- State your problem and if they are convinced, then the lock is picked.
Lock picking is a clever skill, but try not to get into any trouble while practicing it.