As you all know, the washing machine gets hold of airtight and watertight doors. These doors are sealed with a rubber gasket. By the time of usage, the rubber gasket of the washing machine will get hold of moisture and ensure the growth of mold and mildew in the washing machine. Of course, no one would like to use their washing machine with having mold in the machine.
- Use the Cleaning Cycle of Your Washing Machine
You are going to remove the mold from the washing machine. For removing the mold effectively from the machine, you need to use the cleaning cycle of the machine.
- Every washing machine gets hold of the cleaning cycle. The cleaning cycle of the washing machine will run without any clothes. The cleaning cycle of the washing machine makes use of high temperature to destroy the mold.
- If you switch on your washing machine’s cleaning cycle, then the cleaning cycle will drain off any molds sticking on the washing machine’s wash drum.
- If you want to improve the finesse and efficiency of the cleaning cycle, then you need to reckon to add washing machine cleaner. The washing machine cleaner is nothing but the smelly washer.
- The washing machine cleanser is made up of some natural ingredients and these ingredients will attack the mold and mildew formed in the washing machine and hence removing such things will become easy.
- Read Through the User Manual of Your Machine
If not you run the cleaning cycle to the point, then your washing machine will be repaired at times. To be on the safer side, you need to read through the user manual of your washing machine.
- The user manual of your washing machine will let you know how to operate the cleaning cycle precisely. By the way, you can run the cleaning machine in the correct manner.
- If you do not want any kind of mold or mildew to grow in your washing machine, then you need to reckon using the smelly washer two times a month. The smelly washer will not encourage the growth of the mold.
- You need to buy and use the right and good quality smell washer.
- Take off Your Clothes Soon
There are people that would not take off their washed clothes once washing is done. Instead, they will leave the clothes to stay for a long time in the machine. This is absolutely wrong.
- If you do not want the growth or presence of mold in your washing machine, then you need to take off the clothes as soon as the washing is done. If you leave the clothes for a long stay in the machine, then the mold growth will begin to start with the moisture in the clothes.
- The moisture in the clothes will encourage mold growth and make your clothes smell moldy at times.
- The washing machine will signal you with respect to the end of the cycle. You need to notice the end of the washing cycle signal, so that, you can take out the clothes immediately and put them into a dryer.
- Do Not Close the Washer Lid
So, washing is done and you have put all your clothes in the dryer. Now, you are going to close your washer lid – right? If yes, then you should not do that.
- You need to keep your washer lid open for a few hours until the washer drum is completely dried. If you close the washer lid, then the mold will grow, as the washer gets hold of the moisture and this moisture will turn as a growing ground for molds.
- You should as well pull out the detergent drawer and let it dry for some time.
- Remove the Mold Using White Vinegar
Rather than using the smelly washer, you can use the white vinegar to remove the mold from your washing machine.
- Vinegar is the mild acid and it can remove off up to 82% mold from the washing machine. Vinegar is natural and so you do not have to worry about the further harms in your washing machine.
- Most importantly, vinegar is buyable at a low cost, so anyone can afford to clean off the molds from the washing machine.
- Hard water, soaps, and chemicals bring the deposits in the washing machine, but the acid in the vinegar will loosen and break down all these deposits and help you keep your washing machine mold-free.
So, if you want to remove the mold from your washing machine, then you need to follow the above steps.
If you do not want to use vinegar, then you can reckon using the lemon juice to clean the mold. Lemon juice is also a mild acid and kills the mold.