Did you ever think about the washing machine would itself require a complete? Sounds weird or new right? Well then let us see why it’s so important to deodorize your washing machine and also how to do the same.
So now we know why we have to clean the washing machine.
The next and obvious step is how using the daily products which will be easily available at home. Let’s see the same.
- Hot Water Treatment
The first step is to set up the washing machine in the largest load setting. Now set your washer to run on hot water.
- Make sure that you do not add clothes or detergent at this point. Now add three to four cups of white vinegar and allow the machine to run for a few minutes for the vinegar to sink in.
- The other reasons are a climatic condition, soap splash, dirt splash etc. Someone who is using the washing machine in high humid condition would require cleaning up the washing machine to prevent stale odors and mildew.
- If you are not satisfied with all these reasons then you will definitely wash your washing machine right away when you realize a simple logic that “The thing that cleans your essentials will always need your aid to clean it to perform better”.
- So you might have stopped have wondered at this point like, how will it “Perform better”? Well, the performance result can be seen with your eyes when you wear your washed clothes after cleaning process. The clothes will look fresher, brighter, and clear and will also smell so pleasant. Aren’t these benefits enough to clean up your washing machine today?
- The first reason is because of the type of water. All the waters have the same formula which is H2o but not all water has the same type of reaction. Certain water when used results in a really bad odor and some results in too much rust. So clean is must in such cases.
- Baking Soda Time
Now add a half cup of baking soda to it. Again run the machine to mix up the baking soda. After this step, let the washing machine sit for some 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Deodorize the washing machine once in a month or as and when you smell the odor building up.
- You can also use readily available washing machine deodorizer to quicken up the process. But at the same consider the method above as it is considered to be cost friendly as well as trustworthy.
- Wipe it
Now, while the mixture of hot water, vinegar, and baking soda are penetrating the odors, use a clean and dry dipped in the vinegar water to wipe the washer.
- While cleaning it with the dry cloth, give strong attention to areas such as on the top of the washer, the knobs, surrounding and edges of the wash bin.
- One can use a toothbrush to reach out to the edgy space which can’t be reached by the dry cloth.
Resume the washing machine while the water begins to drain down. Turn on the knob so the water will get drained while spinning.
- This way, the vinegar water will get pushed out through the wash bin holes. Do this only if your washing machine allows such a procedure.
- Don’t worry if your washing machine does not allow such a method because we have option two with us as handy, which is to turn on the hot water cycle and allow out to run completely.
- Spongy Time
The final step is to check if there is still any scum or wet areas. After checking the same use a sponge and scum around the top of the wash bin which can be wiped off very easily.
- Do these steps very carefully because usually, the water does not reach this end during the cleaning process.
- So follow this final touch up step very carefully.
- Never forget to clean the bleach dispenser and other disperses during such cleaning process.
If you ever have any laundry that is very soiled then rinse it gently in the sink before washing the same with the washing machine.