How to Factory Reset Samsung TV
If you are not happy with the customized settings of your Samsung TV, you can restore the default settings by choosing to Factory reset. It is a safe option that you can try anytime to get things back on track.
Open the Support Menu
The steps to factory reset may slightly differ depending on the series of your TV. You can check the settings for various models by visiting Samsung Official Page.
- Open the main menu of your Samsung TV by pressing the “Menu” button on your remote.
- From the menu displayed on the screen select the option “Support” with the help of up and down arrow buttons.
- Press Enter or the OK button on your remote to open the Support menu.
Open the Self Diagnosis Menu
Self Diagnosis is one of the most useful features of your Samsung TV that allows you to troubleshoot various types of generic issues related to sound, picture, and network.
- When you open the Support menu you will find a list of options. You have to select the option “Self Diagnosis” and then press OK on your remote.
- This would open the Self Diagnosis menu. The menu contains several options including Reset and a few tests for troubleshooting the common issues.
Select the Reset Option
The Reset option will change all the present settings of your TV so you should use it carefully if you have made some important changes.
- From the Self Diagnosis Menu select the option “Reset”. When you select reset, on the right side of the menu, you will be getting a message that says all the settings except your network settings will be converted to factory defaults.
- To proceed with Reset, press Enter or press the OK/select button on your remote.
Provide the Security PIN
Since Factory Reset would restore all the default settings of your TV, Samsung has incorporated a security check in the form of a security PIN for allowing the user to apply this option.
- When you select Reset, your screen would display a small window for entering a security PIN.
- If you have provided a security PIN, you need to enter it to proceed with the Factory Reset.
- However, if you have never set any security PIN, then enter the digits 0000 using your remote. This is the default PIN for all the Samsung TVs.
Wait for the Reset to Happen
After entering the PIN, a Reset window shall open. You would be asked once again to finalize the decision of reset. You should select the option “yes” displayed on the screen and press Enter or OK button on your remote.
- In order to restore all the original settings of your TV, it can take several minutes and you would need to wait patiently without making any inputs.
- During the reset, your TV might restart automatically. This can occur a few times and is quite normal.
- Sometimes the option to enter the security PIN may not be available in some TVs. In that case, you can try to do a soft reset by opening the service menu.
If you are confused, you can watch some online video tutorials that show the entire reset process in detail.
How do I reset my TV to factory settings?
The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Device Preferences — Reset.
- Select Device Preferences — About — Reset or Factory reset.
- Select Storage & Reset.