How to Figure out What You Want
Sometimes, indecisiveness can be problematic. A lot of times you must make choices no matter what happens. At such critical junctions, people get stuck and are unable to make decisions as they keep over-thinking everything. It is important to not get caught up in a web of thoughts and keep your mind clear so that you can choose what you really want.
- Avoid Over-Thinking
Most people suffer from this problem of over-thinking when it comes to making choices. Remember that over-thinking is futile, and you must choose one way or the other.
- Keep your thoughts in control and don’t let them awry.
- Try not to get helplessly bogged down by your own thoughts.
- Don’t keep pondering over what is right or wrong.
- Discard irrelevant points while making a decision.
- Take Opinions from People You Trust
We all have people we rely on during times of need. It is important that you consult them if you are unable to decide something.
- Take them into your confidence and tell them everything so that they can give you an honest opinion.
- Try to understand their perspective.
- Ask them what they would do in your place and why.
- Draw a Mind Map
A Mind Map is a tool that has helped a lot of people overcome indecisiveness. Use it to your advantage to make the right choice.
- Search online for software if you don’t wish to draw a mind map.
- If you are comfortable with it, draw a manual mind map.
- Try to write down all that you can remember about the pros and cons of each side.
- Make a List
Another easy yet effective way to combat indecisiveness is to make a list of the choices which you face.
- Write down why you would choose one option over the other.
- Make sure you are unbiased while writing points down.
- Remember that you are writing down things for yourself.
- Be ruthlessly objective while writing down points.
- Overcome the Fear of Being Wrong
Most of the time, it is the fear of being wrong that stops people from making the right decision. Make sure that you get rid of this fear otherwise you will never be able to decide.
- Everyone makes mistakes; don’t be so afraid to make one that you don’t move forward.
- Even if you are wrong, you can make a different choice later in life.
- There are fifty percent chances of you being right, focus on that.
- Don’t let the fear of failure paralyze you.
- Connect Your Interests
Start by taking a pad and a pen, and start thinking about where your interests lie. It’s important for you to know what kind of things you would like to go further with. These are ones that make you happy thinking about doing.
- Write things you’ve enjoyed doing in the past; this will relate you to where your interests are.
- Do a SWOT Analysis about what you’ve written. This step is crucially important as it will bring out the best option.
- Doing things that you enjoy will increase your will towards continuing it and you’ll be sure that this is exactly what you want.
- Shadow or Volunteer
You can start by starting to volunteer or shadow someone who’s pursuing the same thing you feel like doing for yourself. This will provide you with a clear perspective on whether this is it or you need to look out more.
- When you plan on something, acting fast doesn’t help as it will overwhelm you with stress and pressure of doing it right.
- Instead, try checking out the lifestyle first, understand what you are going to go in for.
- Volunteering comes with various different options, this will help clarify exactly what area or kind of passion you want to focus and go on with.
- First, you need to determine the root cause of being indecisive. You need to figure out if it is just fear of failure or is there something more to it than that.
- Be ruthlessly objective while making lists and mind maps. Don’t try to hide facts since you are doing this for yourself and nobody else will ever even get to see it.
- Don’t take too many opinions from people as this will leave you even more confused than you were earlier.
- Don’t take advice from just anyone; make sure you only take advice from reliable people.
How do you know what you want in life?
- Step 1: Find the Hidden Opportunity. It’s easy to see what’s standing in your way.
- Step 2: Plan Your Progression. Create a plan to achieve the change you want to make.
- Step 3: Invest and Prioritize.
- Step 4: Tap Into Motivation and Good Habits.
How do you get the want you want?
- Ask. Ask and be specific.
- Stop apologizing. It is sometimes awkward and stressful to ask for something from a higher up.
- Make your gain their gain.
- Make yourself invaluable.
- Be prepared for your want to be fulfilled.
What is the secret of getting what you want?
How do you get what you want in the most efficient way?
- Ask. This is also known as the first rule of negotiation.
- Be prepared to handle it. This is one that most people don’t think of and is a surprisingly new concept to many.
- Be persistent.
- Set goals, track, scoreboard.
- Study people who have what you want.
- Help others get what they want.
What to Say to Get What You Want?
- 5 Remarkably Powerful Phrases That Will Help You Get What You Want. Sometimes the wording you choose makes all the difference.
- What I heard you say is …
- Help me understand …
- Would you be open to the possibility …
- My request is …
- I’m not sure, but let me get back to you in …
How do I get what I want all the time?
- 5 Ways to Let Universe Bring What You Want. Every time.
- Know exactly what you want AND why you want it. because the universe doesn’t want to bring a random order.
- Be ready to go ALL OUT.
- Put yourself out there, let it find you.
- Know when to say “No”
- Listen to the signs, and take the leap.
How do you always get what you want from people?
- Ask, and be specific. vchal/Shutterstock.
- Help others come up with your idea.
- Watch your words.
- Really listen.
- Ask for help.
- Keep relationships a priority.
How do you make someone fall in love with you?
- Maintaining eye contact.
- Be interested in who they are as a person and listen to everything they say.
- Make them feel appreciated and special.
- Smile a lot.
- Touch them more often.
- Embrace what the other person is most passionate about.
How do you get people to like you?
How do you talk someone into doing what you want?
How do you manipulate someone to give you what you want?
- Use a “decoy” option to make your proposition look like a better choice.
- Confuse people to get them to agree to your requests.
- Preface what you really want with something outlandish.
- Use nouns instead of verbs.
- Copy people’s body language and facial expressions.
How do you manipulate a conversation?
What tactics do manipulators use?
How do you manipulate someone?
What are the traits of a manipulative person?
How do you outsmart a manipulator?
- Use Body Language To Your Advantage. The way the brain stimulates physical movements and reactions during day-to-day interactions is almost uncontrollable.
- Change The Perspective.
- Leverage Your Knowledge Of Others.
- Be Aware Of Proper Timing and Opportunity.