If you own a business and for one reason on another you haven’t invested on digital methods of recording data don’t be hard on yourself. You can still choose to go manual. Filling a receipt book is a simple and straightforward process.
How to Fill Out a Receipt Book
- Write the exact date at the top page of your receipt when the transaction took place i.e. when money and products changed hands. In most cases receipt will have a space reserved for writing the date. If you seek to use the receipt to respectfully demand payments from the debtor indicate the date when the product was delivered.
- If you don’t have a customized receipt book then you will have to write the name of your company and contact information. Ideally, most business will have customized receipt books that have all information regarding the business listed at the top of the receipt page.
- Indicate the name or the identification number of the employee responsible for carrying out the transactions. You should indicate that on top of your receipt page. This helps in case you want to carry out a follow up of a particular transaction. With the name and identification number on the receipt it is easy to know where to get answers of a particular query.
- Product Name. Enter the product name and ensure to list all the specifics regarding the product. Therefore, be sure that you have entered the size of the product, quantity, color, and style. To ensure that your work is neat let each product takes its own row or line. Leave a space between two products. This helps you to add more information if any when required.
- Price. At the end of each row record the extended price of each product whether wholesale or retail.
- Then taking note of the number of units of the product sold. Multiply the number of units by the extended price and record it in the next column. The price should reflect the summation of units of an item sold. Do these to all other items.
- Find the summation. Using your calculator find the sum total of amounts in the last column (extended price multiply by number of units). Write the figure you get at the bottom of the receipt. You will always see a designated line where you are required to write your totals.
- If there are any applicable taxes it is good to include them. To do that, multiply the subtotal figure with the tax percentage. Write the total amount in the next line. For references purposes, write the tax percentage somewhere noticeable where both you and customer can make a reference to.
- Add the sales tax and any other charges such as delivery fees to the subtotal amount you got initially to get the total amount that the customer is expected to pay.
NB: Make sure there is a carbon paper between the original and the copy receipt before you initiate the process of writing a receipt.
How to Fill Out a Receipt for Rent
- Create a header of your receipt clearly indicating the name of the business, address and the contact information.
- Write the exact date you receive the payment. Also input a rental period where you indicate the time span the rent covers.
- Write a section for payment amount and payment type.
- Create a section Rent Received From and indicate the name of the tenant.
- Sign the receipt and include your name below your signature. This acts as an acknowledgement that you have received the payment from the tenant in question.
- Make another copy to store in your records.
Tips: You can always purchase a receipt for rent that is custom made from your nearest book store.
How do I fill out a sales book receipt?
How do you write a receipt note?
Is a handwritten receipt legal?
How do you write a rent receipt?
What’s the difference between invoice and receipt?
- Include Contact Information.
- Add the Invoice Date.
- Establish a Simple Invoice Numbering System.
- List Your Services.
- Add Your Payment Terms.
- Include the Amount Due and the Payment Due Date.
How can you tell a fake receipt?
How can I reprint a receipt?
How can I make a receipt online?
What is an official receipt?
How do I make a PDF receipt?
How do I convert an invoice to PDF?
Does Word have a receipt template?
- 1 – The Cash Payment Receipt Can Be Downloaded From This Site.
- 2 – Introduce The Payment Recipient As The Issuer Of This Receipt.
- 3 – Produce The Documentation For This Cash Payment.
- 4 – Payment Information Must Be Included To Define The Cash Received.
What is a simple receipt?
How do I create a receipt in Word?
- Download the free PDF Invoice Template.
- Open the new invoice on your computer or device.
- Add your business information, including your business name, contact information and logo.
- Customize the fields in the free editable invoice template.
- Name your invoice.