At times, you may be faced with situations in life where you need to send a MoneyGram or money order to someone you may or may not know.
Such situations can be mentally taxing for people who have never filled out a MoneyGram beforeThis segment highlights how to fill a money order form.
Procure the Right MoneyGram
While attempting to send a money order, these are the first and the most basic step. You must be able to procure the right form before you proceed further. More details on the MoneyGram Official Site.
- Figure out the amount you need to send, as some money order forms may have an upper limit to the amount you can send.
- Choose the right Money order form from the options available.
- Money orders can be procured from various places including the post office, so choose one that is convenient for you.
- Before entering your details, double-check the upper limit and read the fine print.
Fill up the Recipient’s Name in the Space Given
This is one of the most important steps of sending out a money order and can cause huge issues if you make an error here.
- Locate the blank that asks for the recipient’s name.
- Enter the Recipient’s name correctly and make sure that there is no overwriting as this may lead to rejection of the money order.
- Double-check the correctness of the spelling of the Recipient’s name.
- Alternatively, this blank may be listed as Pay to or maybe even Pay to the order of.
- Don’t get confused as they all are asking the same thing.
Fill in the Purchaser’s Address Properly
This is another important step while filling out a money order, but there are lesser chances of an error here.
- The purchaser is nobody but you since you are buying the money order so don’t get confused.
- Fill in your own correct address without any overwriting.
- Ensure that you have filled in the right address by double-checking.
- Remember to enter your pin code and always double-check it no matter how confident you are.
Enter the Remaining Information
Different money order forms ask for some different additional details which need to be filled in so that the money order can be processed. Go through this section carefully.
- If it is asking of the Purchaser’s name as well, make sure you enter your publicly listed name correctly.
- Enter any additional information like reasons for sending if the form is asking for it.
- If an account number is required to be entered, make sure you enter the correct one and double-check it.
- Some forms may have a common Memo section at the bottom where you can enter all relevant information together.
- Double-check all the information entered before proceeding to the last step.
Sign the Money Order form
This is by far one of the most important parts of sending out a money order form. You need to sign at the end of the money order for it to be valid and for it to hold a legal tender.
- Sign only in the box or area provided and your signature should not go outside the box or the area.
- Make sure that you don’t go back to correct any part of your signature even if your pen didn’t work properly.
- In case of even the slightest error in the signature, immediately tear the entire money order form and fill out a new one.
- Make sure that there is no overwriting anywhere in the form.
- Ensure that you use a signature that you use everywhere so that it can be corroborated from government-issued documents in case of disputes.
- Sign in one go and don’t be too conscious about it as it may lead to subtle but noticeable changes in your signature.
What address do you put on a money order?
- Fill in the recipient’s name.
- Write your address in the purchaser section.
- Include your account number if you‘re paying a bill.
- Sign the bottom where it says “purchaser’s signature.”
- Keep your receipt.
Do you put purchaser’s address on money order?
The purchaser is you. Whether it says “From,” “Sender,” “Remitter,” or “Purchaser,” this is where you enter your information. Western Union® money orders require your address and full name, but others may only have a field for your name.
Who is the drawer on a money order?
What font is used on MoneyGram money orders?
How do I check a MoneyGram money order?
Can you print money order online?
Can you send a money order electronically?
Do you need a receipt to cash a money order?
How do you fill out a money order sample?
How do you correct a mistake on a money order?
How do I purchase a money order?
How do you write a money order to the IRS?
Can you send a money order to the IRS?
- Your name and address.
- Daytime phone number.
- Social Security number (the SSN shown first if it’s a joint return) or employer identification number.
- Tax year.
- Related tax form or notice number.
Do I need to sign a money order?
For those paying when filing their 2019 income tax return, do not staple or paperclip the payment to the return. For more information, go to Pay by Check or Money Order on IRS.gov.
How do I deposit a money order?
Can you deposit your own money order?
What do you need to cash a money order?
How much does it cost to cash a money order?
- Bring the payment to a location that cashes checks or money orders. Money orders are treated very much like checks.
- Endorse the money order like you would a check. Sign your name on the back.
- Show valid identification.
- Pay any fees for the service.
- Get your cash.