LinkedIn is an invaluable resource for networking, staying current on the latest news and advancements in your career field, and even finding new job postings that might be a good fit for you. To take full advantage of LinkedIn’s job search potential, make sure that your profile is up to date, that your network is large, and that you follow different company pages or individuals in your field. Here are three ways to find job postings on LinkedIn:
Check the Job Board
- The “Jobs” board is the most popular aspect of LinkedIn. As it is a social networking site focusing primarily on linking you to jobs and resources to advance your career, it is no surprise that this is the most frequently used feature.
- Click on the “Jobs” button which is located near the top of your screen.
- You will be able to search for jobs based on location, title, keywords or by company name.
- Click “Search” and LinkedIn will list all jobs that match your search requirements. You can see details like when the job was posted, if you can apply directly through LinkedIn, and how far the job is located from where you are.
- The Jobs board is always changing and being updated based on new listings or current listings becoming filled. If you are serious about finding a job on LinkedIn, make sure that you check back on the Jobs board frequently.
In the Feed
- The LinkedIn Feed is like any “news feed” on social media. It lists all new postings from the pages that you follow, or from the pages that LinkedIn’s algorithm suggests for you.
- You will see news articles, achievements and other types of posts in the feed in addition to job postings from pages you follow or pages that LinkedIn suggests to you.
- Looking for jobs in the feed is a bit more casual than searching the Jobs board, but you can still find worthwhile job listings by browsing your LinkedIn feed.
Follow Company Pages
- Similar to Facebook or any other type of social media, companies, businesses and employers can set up pages that you can follow.
- Follow a Company Page to get all the newest updates from that company on your LinkedIn feed.
- If a company posts a new job listing, you will see it in your feed by following the Company page.
Follow Company pages based on your interest in working for those companies, prior experience with working for similar companies, or by looking for companies that would employ someone with your credentials.
Is LinkedIn The best way to find a job?
How do you search for jobs on LinkedIn app?
Scroll to the top of the Jobs page. Type a job title, company name, or other keyword in the first field, and LinkedIn conjures up a list of items that match your keyword. Click on the item that best matches yours.
How do I find new companies on LinkedIn?
How do I find my LinkedIn page?
To find a Page:
- Tap the Search field.
- Enter the organization name.
- Tap Search.
- Tap Companies or Schools at the top of the page > the correct name in the results list.
How do I find the best startups?
- #1 In-person networking.
- #2 Startup aggregators.
- #3 Hackathons.
- #4 Innovation labs or innovation hubs?
- #5 Corporate accelerators.
- #6 Incubators.
- #7 Startup competitions.
- #8 Online networking platforms.
Do Startups pay well?
How much equity do startup employees get?
How much do early stage startups pay?
Should I join a small startup?
Is it OK to join a startup?
How do I impress a startup CEO?
- Do all the homework and research possible.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset.
- Find problems, pitch solutions.
- Ask tough questions.
- Let your personality shine through.
- 5 Tips for Your Startup Job Hunt That No One Ever Told You.
How do I impress a CEO?
- Introduce Yourself. We’ve established that encountering the CEO unexpectedly should not inspire a sudden interest in examining your shoes.
- Volunteer for Projects.
- Show Up Early and Stay Late.
- Ask Your Manager for Help.
- Don’t Overstep Your Bounds.
- Learn to Write and Present.
Ads by Google