If you have your LinkedIn profile turned on to public mode, you will be able to share the URL to your LinkedIn profile on other platforms. This is a great way to get more exposure, or to send your LinkedIn URL to a potential employer along with your resume or portfolio. Follow these simple steps for finding your LinkedIn URL:
On the Web
- Log into your LinkedIn profile and select the “Me” button from the top of the screen. It will appear as a little person with a circle around their shoulders.
- From the “Me” dropdown menu, select “view profile”. This will bring you to your LinkedIn profile page.
- Select “Edit Public Profile & URL” from your profile page. This will be located on the toolbar on the right side of your screen.
- Click the “Edit URL” section on that toolbar, and the URL for your profile page will appear. It will be an address that looks like this : www.linkedin.com/in but will have your name or the name that you use on your profile attached to it.
- You can then copy that URL and paste it anywhere to share with others. In the body of an email, on a digital resume or portfolio, or even on your other social media pages are all common places to share your LinkedIn URL.
On a Mobile Device
- Use the web browser on your mobile device to find your LinkedIn URL. You cannot access it in the app version. Note: these instructions are the same whether you are using an Apple or Android device, as you will be going through the browser and not the app.
- Log into your account and select the button that says “Profile”. The icon looks like a littler person with a circle around their shoulders.
- Under the “Profile” tab, tap the button that reads “Contact”.
- This will open the “Contact” section of your profile. Your URL will be under the “LinkedIn” tab in the “Contact” section. It will be an address that looks like this : www.linkedin.com/in but will have your name or the name that you use on your profile attached to it.
You can copy and paste your LinkedIn URL anywhere where you would like to share your LinkedIn profile such as on an online job application or on a digital resume or portfolio.
How do I know what my LinkedIn URL is?
What does a LinkedIn address look like?
How do I view my LinkedIn profile as others see it?
- Login to LinkedIn.
- Navigate to the top right side and click “Me 🔻”
- In the dropdown click on “Settings & Privacy” (a new page will open)
- In the left sidebar click on the tab “Visibility”
- Now click on “Edit your public profile” link.
Should I put my LinkedIn on my resume?
Can employers see my resume on LinkedIn?
What is private mode on LinkedIn?
What do recruiters look for on LinkedIn?
Do recruiters look at LinkedIn profile?
How do you get a recruiter to notice you?
- Show no fear. “The best way to stand out to recruiters is to stand up to them” says Joseph Terach, CEO at career services firm Resume Deli.
- Communicate. Knowing what you want is a great way to stand out, Terach says.
- Be honest.
- Highlight your tenure.
- Let yourself shine.
How do I get noticed on LinkedIn 2020?
- you select the most relevant followers with the biggest followers number (for example those who have more than 10k followers)
- you like and comment on their posts.
- you get noticed by these followers and their connections 🤘
Do recruiters look at indeed?
Do recruiters contact you on indeed?
Why do jobs never call back?
For whatever reason it might be (e.g., you don’t have the necessary skills, you’re missing a particular certification required for the job, your cover letter had grammatical errors, etc.), you may just not be the right person for the position.