It is quite annoying for you to watch your favorite when your TV is producing an irritating sound. There is always an easy way to fix a blown speaker. We will provide you with all the steps to follow for you to fix a blown speaker.
1. How to Fix a Blown Speaker on a TV
- Unplug your television from the power socket. It is quite dangerous for you to operate the television when still connected to the power socket.
- Lay the Tv on a soft couch. Let the screen face down so that you can easily unscrew all the screws on the back of the television.
- It is important to ensure you use the right screw driver to remove the screws. Using an ineffective screw driver will only make it hard for you to open the back of the television.
- Once you are completely sure that you have removed all the screws, try gently to remove the back cover off the television set.
- If you find it challenging to remove the back cover off the television set then look out whether you have removed all the screws.
- Carefully ensure that you have removed all the screws and remove the back cover.
- Place the back cover on the side. Try to locate the speaker inside the speaker. It has a visible magnet, therefore it is easy to spot it. In most cases speakers are on both the right and left side. This because TV sets will come with two speakers
- You will need to unscrew the nuts used to attach the speaker on the cover just near the screen.
- Once you do that identify the blown speaker. It can be a single speaker or both. It is easy to identify a blown speaker without the need to use any special gadgets.
- Ensure you have enough light to clearly check your TV speaker.
- Clearly check which part of your TV speaker is damaged. Ideally, the first item you should check is the speaker’s cone if it is torn or cut. When that is the case apply glue or tape to cover the ruptured parts.
- If the speaker cone is severally damaged, then you should replace it with a new one.
- Once you have fixed the speaker screw it back to where it was located and place the TV back cover and screw all the nuts.
- Connect you television to the power socket and test. Your TV sound should be of greater quality.
2. How to Fix a Blown Speaker on a Car
- Insert a music CD or DVD and play your favorite song. This is important because it will be possible to identify any distorting sounds.
- If you hear any distorting sounds, turn up the volume to see whether it gets worse. By this time, you should be able to identify the speakers that need fixing. This is because rattling and shaking sounds may be an indication of damaged or loose speaker’s cone or voice coil.
- The next step is removing the components of your car speaker.
- Depending on your car model, you may read the car manuals that clearly give a step by step approach on how to remove the speaker components.
- If you don’t have the car manual or it is challenging to understand the instructions then worry not we have the solution.
- Use your screw driver to remove the enclosure of the speaker.
- Unplug all the wires that connect the speaker to the car.
- Remove the surround of the speaker using a knife. Stab the knife anywhere around the surround’s foam. Then slowly cut it out if the speaker.
- Once you have the speaker, gently remove the speaker cone. After doing that, you should be able to see the voice coil. Detach any wire that connects the system to the voice coil before you remove it. You can remove any other traces of glue with emery paper or knife but we would recommend that you use emery paper.
- Use a clean cloth and alcohol to clean your speaker.
- Look out more closely to identify whether the problem. You can check whether the speaker’s cone is torn or cut. If that’s the case, you can apply glue and tape to fix the raptured parts. If the cone is damaged beyond repair, then you should get a new one.
- To replace the old speaker cone, apply glue to the new speaker cone and put it in place of the old one.
- In case you find out that the speaker cone is all fine, then check out the voice coil.
- If the voice coil is melted then, you will have to find a new one. It is easy to replace your voice coil. Just place the new voice coil on the same place where the old voice coil was located.
- Once done, fix the speaker back to the car and connect all the wires. You can play your favorite music without a problem.
Is it possible to fix blown speakers?
What causes a blown speaker?
Is it expensive to fix a blown speaker?
How do I know if my speaker is blown?
A blown speaker can have damage that can be heard with some mechanical movement. If you gently tap on the cone of the speaker it should have a firm drum like sound. If you hear a rattling sound (like a loose snare drum), this is an indicator of a bad speaker.
What would cause speakers to stop working?
Can you ruin speakers?
How do I stop my speakers from blowing?
Can loud sound damage speakers?
Do audio speakers wear out?
How long do audio speakers last?
Do old speakers sound bad?
Do speakers die?
How do you stop foam rot in speakers?
How long do Bose speakers last?
Why Bose speakers are bad?
Is Bose going out of business?
Why Bose speakers are so costly?
Ads by Google