If you are aware of Google Voice you know that an US-based registered mobile number is important for this to work. Here is how to get a number you can actually use.
- How to Get a Google Voice Number without a Phone?
Now, Google Voice is an amazing service offered by Google for business users, small and personal businesses who wish to have the same number for all their devices. As Google says, it is a free phone number for life.
- When you click on ‘Get Google Voice’, you have three options: ‘for Android’, ‘for iOS’ and ‘for Web’. Click on ‘Web’ to continue and ‘Sign-In’ to your Google account using your Gmail ID and password.
- Next, you are given an option to choose the numbers from a list of available ones. Here you can search by city or area code.
- Once you choose one, a list of numbers is displayed with a big button saying select right next to them. Just as you click on that button, a verification process initiates.
- It says you’ve selected this-number, and to complete the setup, hit on ‘Verify’. When you click it, it asks for a phone number to enter which will be linked to this Google Voice number. An SMS will be sent with a 6-digit code for verification.
- You can get a phone number from Skype, for example, and use it here. Just ask someone to give their number temporarily and verify the code sent to their phone.
- How to Get a New Google Voice Number?
In order to be able to use Google Voice, you have to be resident in one of the countries where Google supports them, and secondly, you must have a registered US-based number. When you do the set-up process for the first time, Google allows you to select one.
- You have to go to ‘voice.google.com’, and ‘Sign-In’ to your Google account. Create one if you don’t have already. You must hit on ‘Continue’ after reading through the terms and conditions.
- You are allowed to search for a number of your choice based on region, area code, and so on. However, you do not get 1-800 numbers for some reason.
- Here (https://support.google.com/voice/answer/7207482?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en) is the article from Google Support at outlines the procedure in detail.
- With Google Voice, you get a free phone number for making and receiving calls, text messages and voicemails from any device to any device without changing your number.
- How to Get a Second Google Voice Number?
You can get as many Google Voice numbers you wish, theoretically, unless limited by your email address and account with Google. So, the short answer is yes. There are two ways how you can do that.
- First is the simple one, where you can get two Google accounts with two Google Voice numbers forwarded to the same phone.
- In the second one, you can use two Google Voice numbers linked to a single Google account, and forwarded to the same phone number.
- In the second case, all your voice mails, call logs, and everything stays on the same Google account. On your Google Voice app, go to the phones tab and select change/port.
- After you’ve changed and made it permanent with an additional fee, you will have a primary and secondary number, which you can choose from a drop-down list when making a phone call.
- How to Get Rid of Google Voice on Android App?
Here is an article (https://support.google.com/voice/forum/AAAAjq5-_rM8tQZBzQ6PVY/?hl=en&gpf=d/topic/voice/8tQZBzQ6PVY) from Google Support that mentions the same issue.
- When using an Android device, you have to tap and launch the Google Voice app, and then go to its ‘Settings’. Then under your Google Voice number, click on ‘Delete’.
- The first step is to delete and disable your Google Voice account, and then uninstall the services and apps related to it. Here is an article (https://support.google.com/voice/answer/150640?hl=en) on how to delete it first.
- You can also, go to Settings of your phone, and go to apps, then tap on ‘Apps & Notification’, and go to the app you want to delete, click on ‘Uninstall’ for Google Voice.
- How to Trace a Google Voice Number?
If you are in a scenario where you’ve to trace or track a Google Voice number, you might be out of luck. There seems to be no reasonable easy way out. First, you know that these numbers are not listed in any phone directories or related to any physical addresses, so difficult to trace.
- Many times you get the address of the VoIP service provider who gave the number to an IP address. If the Google Voice number has not been ported, and you have some data sources, you may be able to get a trace of the number.
- When you call using your Google Voice number, your phone number, email address and profile picture appears on their recipient’s side. So, they can decide to receive or block your calls.
- Many times, you don’t know if it is a Google Voice number or some other virtual number, but if you already knew that you’re looking for Google Voice number to trace, you could do that when you set it up beforehand.
- You may or may not be able to get a Google Voice number set-up depending on various factors. There are can be different based on settings up on phones, region and so on.
Using Google Voice outside the US is very difficult and may not be that simple or even free after all.
How do I get a Google phone number for free?
Are Google Voice numbers free?
How do I set up a Google Voice number?
- To keep the number, click Assign.
- To find a different number: Click Change. Next to a number in the list, click Select. Click Assign.
How much is Google Voice a month?
|Google Voice Standard
|USD 20 per license. For example, if you have 25 users, you’re charged USD 500 each month.
|Google Voice Premier
|USD 30 per license. For example, if you have 150 users, you’re charged USD 4,500 each month.
Can you text on Google Voice?
What is the point of Google Voice?
Is Google Voice used for cheating?
How can you tell if someone is using Google Voice?
Can your Google Voice number be traced?
Why would someone have a Google phone number?
Google Voice gives you a special number that allows you to forward your calls to other numbers. Once you set this up and give everyone your Google Voice number, you’ll be able to more easily switch phones in the future.
What happens when you call a Google Voice number?
Ads by Google