- Using the 15-Minute Refund Policy
- Find out if you’re eligible for a refund. If you purchased, downloaded, and installed an app from Google Play Store, and later realize it doesn’t meet your expectations, you can get an unconditional refund on the good. To use this method, you should request a refund if you’ve used the app for at most 15 minutes.
- Tap on your Google plays icon on your screen. Then tap to get it launched. If you don’t get it on your home screen, look for the app in the app drawer.
- When the app opens, tap on the menu icon that resembles this in the top-left corner of the app. Doing that will prompt the Google Play main menu to open.
- From the main menu displayed, tap on the “My apps”. Under this heading, a list of all apps installed on your mobile phone will appear.
- Tap on the app that you’re dissatisfied with, and you want a refund on the same. By doing that, you should get to the information page where you can initiate a refund process. If you’re lucky to get to the refund page before 15 minutes from the time of installation elapses, you should find two buttons. One for “Open” and the other for “Refund.” If you get to the page late, you will get the “Open” and “Uninstall” buttons.
- Tap on the “Refund” button to get your money back. By doing that, a confirmation screen will appear.
- Tap on the “Yes” button before the message that asks you if you’re sure to refund the purchase. After confirming the refund, the purchased app will get uninstalled automatically, and a refund sent to your account. Sounds great? That’s it. If you noticed a problem with your app or movie more than 15 minutes later, you could request a refund through the developer.
- By Submitting a Request for Refund
Submit a Refund Request Using a Computer
- Launch your favorite web browser on your computer. If you’re using Mac, Safari may work pretty fast. And if you’re using Windows PC, you can try out Google Chrome.
- Using your browser, head to Google Play website. Sign in with your email address (Gmail) and a valid password associated with your account in the provided fields.
- When logged in, click on the geared icon to find more options. Doing so open a context menu with three options.
- Choose “My Orders” from the options. By doing that, a list of all the paid or free apps that you’ve ever downloaded from the Play Store in the past.
- Find the app you’d wish to refund and hover your cursor over it. By doing that, a pop-up menu icon will appear next to the name of the app.
- Click on the displayed menu icon to find the next option. You see only one choice when you click on the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the “Report a problem.” Doing that prompts a pop-up window to appear, having a drop-down menu positioned in the middle.
- Click on the drop-down menu and choose “I’d like to request a refund” from the options. Below the drop-down menu, you will find some reasons that may lead to a refund of the purchased apps.
- Choose on the option that best matches your reasons and click on the button located on the left of your reason. Hit on the “Submit” button when through to submit your request for a refund. After sending the refund request form, you should see a message reading, “Thank you for sharing your concerns.” After that, you will receive an email containing your request decision after about 15 minutes. However, it may take up to 4 working days to get a response.
If the method above doesn’t work well for you, you can consider using the alternative method below.
Navigate to play.google.com/store/account on your computer browser.
Click on the “Order History” option.
Locate the order that you want to refund and hover your cursor above the item to prompt a three-dotted “More” icon to appear.
Click on the three-dotted icon.
Choose the “Request a refund” and select the best response to your situation. After that, request for a refund. After submitting your request, you will receive an acknowledgment message almost immediately and response through your email within four working days. If you have any refund requests, you can repeat the process for individual items.
If you’d wish to submit a refund request using an iPhone, iPad, or Android, the procedure is similar to the above. However, it has a slight difference in how to find the “More” icon after locating the item to be returned. To find the more image in step 3, swipe to the left, and you will see the “More” icon appearing as three vertical dots.
NOTE: The method above is handy for submitting a refund request but does not guarantee you a refund from the app’s developer. Therefore, it’s crucial to carry out thorough scrutiny on an app before making a purchase. Also, you should be keen to check on the app’s ratings and customer reviews to avoid some risks and uncertainties that may come with the app.
Policies for Refund On Google Play
Get a refund for Games, apps, and in-app purchases (Including play pass & subscriptions) Pandora, Spotify and other music streaming options
- Google Play offers refunds on apps, games, and subscriptions in extreme circumstances where the purchaser isn’t able to benefit from the purchased app. However, you can get a refund once per item. If you buy the app or game for the second time, there will be no refund for the details.
- If your refund request is granted, you will receive a refund within 48 hours. After 48 hours, you can contact the developer directly to troubleshoot and find out if you can get a refund.
Get a refund on Google Play TV and Movies
- If your movie doesn’t play properly on your device and other devices, you can request for a refund. Ensure the defect is not only on your device but also on other alternative devices. Also, you should submit a refund request for a refund within 7 days after the purchase.
- If your TV show cannot display as described, and all the attempts to fix the problem have failed, you should file a refund request within 65 days.
Get a refund on Google Play Music including refunds for other subscriptions
- If your music does play as described, try fixing playback issues and using other alternative devices. If it can’t work still, you can cancel the subscription and request a refund.
- You cannot get a refund for any running subscription, even though you can cancel the subscription. If you cancel a subscription in progress, it will be stopped at the end of the billing cycle. Therefore you can only withdraw a subscription before the start of a billing cycle. The songs should be returned for a refund within 7 days of purchase.
Get a refund on Google Play Books
- If your e-book or audiobook doesn’t load or play, try updating your device software, or try watching on other alternative devices, and ensure you have a strong Wi-Fi connection. If that doesn’t work, you can request a refund within seven working days after the purchase except for rentals.
- If the e-book doesn’t work, you can request your money back within 65 days.
Get a refund on Google Play NewsStand
- Refunds are not available for single returns unless there is a defect in the issue, or the purchaser cannot access the content.
- In case of the mentioned exceptions, you should cancel the subscription within the first 7 days of the purchase and request a refund.
- You can cancel only active subscriptions, but not the ended or expired subscriptions.
TIP: If your issue complies with the policies mentioned, you can follow the steps outlined for getting a refund on Google play. You can do that using and android device, iPhone, iPad, and computer web browsers. Also, you should submit your refund application within the time brackets for it to be acceptable.
Can you get a refund on Google Play store?
Can I cancel a Google Play purchase?
How many times can you refund on Google Play?
How do I get my money back from Google?
- Open the Google Pay app.
- At the top left, tap Menu. Activity.
- Tap the transaction you want to cancel.
- Tap Cancel payment. If you don’t see this option, the recipient has already claimed the money or it’s too late to cancel the money. Ask the recipient to return the money.
How do I raise a complaint on Google pay?
Does Google pay refund failed transaction?
How do I get my money back from a failed transaction?
How do I dispute a transaction with Google?
Please note the Raise Dispute option will be enabled after 2 days from the date of transaction.
- Tap Raise Dispute.
- Select the reason for dispute.
- Tap Raise Dispute.