Applying for a Walmart credit card is easy and convenient, and comes with great benefits if you are approved.
From saving money on Walmart purchases online and in store, as well as at other participating locations, to building your credit, there are many great reasons to apply for a Walmart credit cardFollow these easy steps to apply today.
Make sure that you meet the requirements
- To apply for a credit card in the US, you will need to be at least 18 years of age, have a valid I.D., social security number, and mailing address.
- It is not recommended that you apply for a Walmart credit card (or any other store card) if your credit score is lower than 640. You can check your credit score for free online, and oftentimes you can also check your score through your bank. Many banks now show your credit score on your monthly statements or on your online banking portal.
Fill out your credit application
- There are two ways to apply for a Walmart credit card. You can apply in store or online.
- To apply in store, simply visit your local Walmart and go to the checkout. You will need to answer some questions regarding income, housing, and some personal information.
- Walmart participates in an instant approval program for applicants that meet the standards for credit. If you are instantly approved, you can start making purchases on your card immediately.
- In some cases, approval will be pending. This does not mean that you are not approved, however you may need to wait to be notified by mail to see if your application was accepted.
- If you have been approved in store, you will receive your card in the mail within 7-10 business days. You can still use your account for in store purchases before you receive your card, if you can provide the necessary information for the store employee to look up your credit account. Usually all that is needed to do so is a driver’s license or other form of identification.
- To apply online, you will need to go to https://walmart.com/creditlogin and create a profile with login information. This is how you will access the online credit center after your application is approved.
- You will still need to fill out a form and answer the same types of questions and provide the same type of identification as you would if you applied in store.
- If you are instantly approved online, you will receive a temporary card number that you can begin using immediately for online purchases. Your card will still come in the mail within 7-10 business days.
Benefits Associated With A Walmart Credit Card
- Save a percentage on Walmart purchases and get access to cardholder discounts and deals that are not available to non-cardholders.
- Build your credit by paying off your purchases in a timely fashion.
- Use your card in store, online, and at participating locations to wrack up savings.
Often times there are deals associated with being approved for your credit card. One that Walmart runs is a $25 credit when you spend $75 on the day that you are approved.