Linux is a famous open source Operating System. It is one of the widely used operating systems as it in used in Computers, mainframes, Web servers, Supercomputers, mobile device etc. The variants of Linux are called distributions, popular distributions include Ubuntu, Linux mint, Debian, Arch Linux, CentOS etc.
In this article we are going to check the version of our Linux installation:
Using ‘lsb_release’ command
We can use the following command to see the Linux Version:
We also can use the following command to see the Linux Version:
Type the following terminal into the terminal and press enter:
To find Kernel Version
We can use the following command to see the kernel version:
How do I find UNIX version?
- On command line: uname -a. On Linux, if the lsb-release package is installed: lsb_release -a. On many Linux distributions: cat /etc/os-release.
- In GUI (depending on GUI): Settings – Details. System Monitor.
How do I find the RHEL version?
- To determine RHEL version, type: cat /etc/redhat–release.
- Execute command to find RHEL version: more /etc/issue.
- Show RHEL version using command line, run:
- Another option to get Red Hat Enterprise Linux version:
- RHEL 7.x or above user can use the hostnamectl command to get RHEL version.
How do I find my OS server version?
What kind of OS is Linux?
How do I find my OS version using CMD?
- Press [Windows] key + [R] to open the “Run” dialog box.
- Enter cmd and click [OK] to open Windows Command Prompt.
- Type systeminfo in the command line and hit [Enter] to execute the command.
Which Windows OS came with only CLI?
How do I check Winver?
To find out which version of Windows your device is running, press the Windows logo key + R, type winver in the Open box, and then select OK.
How do I find the OS version in PowerShell?
- To check operating system name. (Get-WMIObject win32_operatingsystem).name.
- To check if the operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit. (Get-WmiObject Win32_OperatingSystem).OSArchitecture.
- To check machine name. (Get-WmiObject Win32_OperatingSystem).CSName.
What are the PowerShell commands?
|Command alias||Cmdlet name||Description of command|
|iwr||Invoke-WebRequest||Gets content from a web page on the Internet.|
|kill||Stop-Process||Stops one or more running processes.|
|lp||Out-Printer||Sends output to a printer.|
|ls||Get-ChildItem||Gets the files and folders in a file system drive.|
How do I install the latest version of PowerShell?
How do I use contains in PowerShell?
PowerShell uses singular nouns; thus “contains” is a verb, and not a plural noun. A feature of –Contains is that usually returns “True” or “False. If you are looking for a command to return a list of values, then employ -Match or -Like.
Is string contains PowerShell?
How do I select a string in PowerShell?
- Pipe in quoted text to the Select–String cmdlet, i.e. stream in the text.
- Using text stored in a variable, pass the variable to the InputObject parameter.
- Use the Path parameter to specify files to search for the text in.
How do I replace a string in PowerShell?
- Problem. You want to replace a portion of a string with another string.
- Solution. PowerShell provides several options to help you replace text in a string with other text.
- Discussion. The Replace() method and the –replace operator both provide useful ways to replace text in a string.
- See Also.
What is replacing PowerShell?
How do I run a PowerShell script?
- Browse to the location you stored the ps1-file in File Explorer and choose; File-> Open Windows PowerShell.
- Type (part of) the name of the script.
- Press TAB to autocomplete then name. Note: Do this even when you typed the name in full.
- Press ENTER to execute the script.