Use the Free Web Apps
- Go to the Microsoft office web through office.com and view the available collection of apps that you can use. Some of the obvious apps include Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, publisher and much more. However, these apps may not be as powerful as the desktop versions.
- Scroll down the Microsoft Office website and click to launch the program that you want to use and proceed to the next step.
- Sign-in to Microsoft website using a Microsoft account. You can either use your personal Microsoft account, and organizational account or the account for your school. Once you’re signed-in the account, you can go ahead and use the selected program. If you don’t have any Microsoft account, you can create one for free.
- Use the selected app. Use the tabs at the top for different kinds of editing options. Even though this online version is identical to the desktop version, some features might be missing, while others may be limited. To know more about the differences, you can check from the Microsoft support page.
- Save your document manually by clicking on the “File” tab and then select on “Save As” to choose how you want it saved and save it. By doing that, your document will get automatically in the OneDrive.
Download Office 365 Trial Version For Free One Month Free
- Download and install the Microsoft office 365 trial version that expires after a month. Downloading this trial version will give you access to Microsoft office word 2016, PowerPoint, Excel among other office programs that you might need. However, you should use a valid credit card to sign up or the free version, and you’ll not get charged for the office 365 until your 30 days free trial ends. To avoid charges, you should cancel the subscription before the end of 30 days.
- Visit the Microsoft trial version page at products.office.com/try get your free trial office valid for a month.
- When the page opens, click on the ‘Try 1-month free‘ button to begin the sign-up process
- Log in using your Microsoft account details or create an account if you do not have any. You can use any Hotmail.com, Live.com, or outlook.com email address to sign-in. If you don’t have any of them, you can create one for yourself.
- Next, you should enter valid credit card information in the fields that appear on the page.
- After creating an account and feeding in a correct credit card, you get a link through which you should download Office 365 installer. Since it’s a small file, it should only take a few minutes.
- When you’ve completed the download, run the installer to commence the actual Microsoft download. Before the download begins, you’ll get a prompt asking you to choose the products that you want for a free trial. After that, your office will start downloading and depending on your internet connection. It may take a short time to finish up or more extended. When through with the installation process, you can start using the Microsoft office 365.
Get Free Microsoft Office From Mobile Apps
- Download free Microsoft Office for Android from Google Play Store and Apple App Store for iOS mobile phones. The free version gives basic free editing and creation functionalities. However, using a paid version offer advanced Microsoft features.
- When launching this program for the first time, you may get a prompt asking you to allow access to your device storage.
- You’ll get a prompt to sign in with your Microsoft account to get to OneDrive. Creating an account with OneDrive gives you up to 5GB cloud space to back up your file. Also, this will allow you to get access to your office files on other computers and smartphones.
- Tap to open the various file locations by tapping on them from their locations. Also, it is essential to note that Microsoft office will only open files in DOC, DOCX, and TXT files.
- Tap on the “New” button to create your new document. If you signed in with our personal Microsoft account, your OneDrive folder would be the default selection, and you can save it to your device.
- Use the “A” button with a pencil-like icon at the upper part of your page to access the formatting tools. Tap on the “A” button to open the formatting frame in which you can select your formatting tool. Also, you can tap on the “Home” button to view the available tabs that you can switch between. Apart from that, you can always swipe left and right to see different available options.
- Even though Microsoft office will save your document automatically after a certain period, tap on the menu in the top-left corner and tap on “Save” to save your paper instantly.
If you want more an office with more features without paying for Microsoft office monthly subscriptions, you can use other alternatives.
The alternatives include OpenOffice, LibreOffice, and FreeOffice which is the most popular Microsoft alternative.
With these programs, you should be able to create and edit a document in addition to other more functionalities. You can follow the procedure below to download and install Microsoft office alternatives,
- Decide on the program and follow the steps below
- For FreeOffice download, go to freeoffice.com/en/download
- For OpenOffice download, go to: openoffice.org/download/index.html
- For LibreOffice download, go to : libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/
- Download and run the installer
When prompted to choose the product you want to use, click on the one you need and save on download time and hard disk space.