Your young toddler always has a habit of writing on the wall. They try to draw and write what they are taught in school on walls. It can be irritating but that is the joy of a parent. You can get rid of the ink easily.
How to Get Pen Off Walls with a Clean Damp Cloth
- Act as first as possible when your wall gets ink-stained. If the ink pen is fresh, it is trouble-free to remove it. Dip a clean cloth in water and squeeze it to remove the excess water.
- Then, wipe off the ink in one motion and take another clean part of the cloth and wipe again.
- You can add a small amount of dish soap to the water. After wiping the wall with the soapy water, ensure you wipe it again with clean water only.
- Lastly, where a smooth damp cloth doesn’t work, try out a more abrasive cloth or a sponge.
How to Get Pen Off Walls Using Toothpaste
- Use white, non-gel toothpaste to remove the ink. It contains a gentle abrasive that helps to get rid of ink without damaging the paints, wallpaper, or paneling. Apply enough toothpaste over the ink spot on any kind of wall surface.
- After that, allow the paste to sit for at least 10 minutes. This makes removing easier.
- Using a damp cloth, wipe the toothpaste off. Do not rub the toothpaste as this would cause the stain to spread more. Do it lightly and carefully.
Tip: If the ink stain is large, wipe from the outside as you move to the inside. It will help you to prevent the ink from spreading.
How to Get Pen Off Walls Using a Pencil Eraser
- Get a clean pencil eraser. A pencil eraser is a soft and safe way to remove ink on a wall without removing paint.
- Rub the ink-stained area with the pencil eraser gently and carefully. It is a more controllable method to get pen off the wall compared to other methods.
How to Get Pen Off Walls Using Baking Soda
- Make a baking soda paste. Mix one to two tablespoons of water with one tablespoon baking soda. Baking soda is well-known for stain removal though it is a more abrasive option. Be cautious when using it.
- Start experimenting to see if the paste is good for your wall to avoid damage. Apply the paste on a small unnoticeable area. If it turns out well, you can proceed.
- then, apply the paste on the ink-stained area using an old toothbrush, cotton, clean cloth, or a sponge.
- Carefully rub the stained area. It prevents the stain from spreading to other areas.
- Get rid of the excess soda paste using a clean cloth.
- Lastly, repeat the process a few times until the stain is completely gone.
How to Get Pen Off Walls Using Rubbing Alcohol
- This is a more abrasive option to get off the ink from the wall. Soak a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol. To ensure that the cotton is not oversaturated, press it on a paper towel.
- First, test the alcohol to avoid damage. Experiment with a small unnoticeable part to keep your wall safe.
- Then, dab the cotton swab on the ink stain until the stain transfers into it.
- Keep changing the cotton swab frequently until the ink stain is completely removed.
How to Get Pen Off Walls with a Magic Eraser
- Dip your magic eraser in water and wring out the excess water. Magic eraser is a cleaning sponge that scrubs away stains. It has a micro-abrasive texture that gets away the stains.
- After getting the sponge wet, rub it over the ink-stained area until you remove the stain. The magic eraser can cause discoloration to your wall. Be careful when using it.
- Lastly, repaint over the area in case of discoloring. To be on the safe side have a matching color paint handy. After removing the stain, repaint with the exact shade of the color you had painted. It brings uniformity.
How to Get Pen Off Walls Using a Bleach Pen
- If your wall has ink spots, a bleach pen can do away with them. Go over the ink spots with the bleach pen’s tip. It lightens up the ink spots and reduces the chances of discoloring.
- After a few minutes, the spots will fade away.
How to Get Pen Off Walls Using Hairspray
- Spray the ink-stained areas well with the hairspray. The hairspray should contain some alcohol.
- Wipe the area with a clean white cloth. A white cloth is more preferably because dyes in other colored cloths may end up on the ink-stained wall.
- Repeat this treatment several times until there is no stain.
How do you get pen off walls without removing paint?
How do you remove pen marks?
Will Magic Eraser remove pen from wall?
Is Magic Eraser safe on painted walls?
Does Magic Eraser work on teeth?
Does Mr Clean Magic Eraser scratch glass?
We highly recommend you to now use this product on glass surfaces. This product has proprietary micro scrubbers that aggressively remove tough stains. Glass scratch score: There is a 50% chance this product my scratch or leave abrasive marks on the glass.