In today’s busy, fast paced world, it can feel like there is no time to stop and get to know people, making it difficult to strike up a relationship. That is why online dating sites and apps like Tinder have become so popular. But what do you do when you don’t get the number of matches that you’d like? Following these tips could help you find more Tinder users that you are a match with.
Use eye catching photos for your profile
- Select photos in which you are wearing bright colors or are in a bright and colorful space.
- Use photos that show your whole face, and look at the camera. Trying to be sultry and alluring doesn’t always work. Your potential matches want to see your face unobscured.
- Smile in your photos! Show that you know how to have a good time and that you are a fun loving person.
Don’t only use selfies
- Potential matches want to learn as much as they can about you before swiping right.
- Use photos of yourself engaging in your favorite activity or on a recent trip or outing so that your potential matches can get an idea of what you like to do for fun.
- Using a full body shot is also recommended. You are more than just your head and shoulders, and your matches want to see that.
Keep your Bio casual
- Describe yourself and your likes and interests briefly.
- Don’t include information that might not work in your favor, such as height or what you do for a living. You don’t want someone to swipe left based on these things before they even get to know you.
- You can disclose more personal information once you are already talking with someone. Be as casual and brief in your initial bio information.
Show your sense of humor
- People love to laugh. Show off your funny side with a joke or pun.
- The ability to make someone laugh is a surefire way to get their attention.
Don’t use photos that are photoshopped or heavily filtered
- Just as you want to show off your whole face instead of trying to look sultry by hiding behind a fan or other prop, using too many filters changes what you look like completely.
- Remember that your best bet is to be as true to yourself as possible. The goal with using an app like Tinder is to eventually meet up with your matches. You don’t want to “lie” to them by using a filter with freckles if you don’t have freckles, or by using a filter that contours your face.
- Be yourself.
Upgrade to Tinder Gold
- If you are serious about wanting more matches on Tinder, try upgrading the app to unlock more features that could help you accomplish that goal.
- Features include lists and grids of Tinder users who have swiped right on you, profile boosts to help your profile get more views, and options to hide personal information like your location and age.
- You will have to pay per month for this upgrade, however it could very much be worth it for you.