Google Chrome is a versatile web browser platform that incorporates several aspects of the modern web browsers along with direct integration with most of what Google offers. These include search engine features, direct linkage with your Google account, synchronization of your Chrome account across several devices, and so forth.
If you wish to get back the toolbar on Google Chrome and enjoy the menu features, here are some steps by which you can do the same.
Enable Access to the Chrome Menu
You might encounter the Chrome menu bar to be missing once you have installed Google Chrome on your computer. You can fix this as well as customize it through the settings option on Google Chrome.
- Open Google Chrome on your computer.
- For those who have recently installed the application, they might need to go to the Programs folder and find the application; they can also search through the search option on your OS.
- Once Chrome is open, find Settings on the Hamburger menu or the three dots that are present in the top right section of the browser window.
- Under Settings, you will find Appearance as a section.
- Here you will find the button for “show home” to disable; you need to enable it.
- The search engine of Google Chrome usually saves and becomes the default browser for your computer.
- In case you wish to confirm that it is enabled, check under Settings.
- Close the browser windows and open new tabs to check that you enabled the setting changes and that Google Chrome has been saved as the default search browser.
Enable Different Bookmarks on Chrome
Bookmarks have several uses including the benefit of providing one an easy way to save their favorite and frequently visited websites. When you bookmark a site, the browser automatically saves it in a list of bookmarked sites; it also becomes available on the drop-down address bar menu for one to select and visit a site easily.
- To enable bookmark options, visit the Settings section on Chrome.
- When you click the Settings section, you will find the section on Appearance; here you will find the option to show the bar of bookmarks.
- This enables you to access bookmarks across the navigation bar.
How to Restore Toolbar on Google Chrome?
If you are unable to see your default settings you can do the following.
- Click on the wrench icon that you find under options of adjusting toolbar.
- The windows that remain open you can click on Restore Defaults.
The above steps can help a user to see the default settings in Google Chrome. In general, the toolbar option is not elaborate and the options are hidden under the three-dotted section on the top right-hand corner of Google Chrome. A user can find the different setting options on this drop-down menu and set their customization options accordingly which could be the websites they wish to make default, the search toolbar or bookmarks bar they wish to see on top.
How do I get my menu bar back on Google Chrome?
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Press the Menu button. It looks like 3 vertical dots.
- Select More Tools, and click Extensions. This will open a menu with all the extensions installed on your Chrome client.
- Locate the toolbar extension.
- Enable the toolbar by pressing the slider next to it.
What happened to my toolbar in Chrome?
How do I get the toolbar back on the top of my screen?
- “3-bar” menu button > Customize > Show/Hide Toolbars.
- View > Toolbars. You can tap the Alt key or press F10 to show the Menu Bar.
- Right-click empty toolbar area.
How do I restore my toolbar?
Why did my toolbar disappear?
Why isn’t my taskbar working?
How do I reset my Windows taskbar?
How do I reset my taskbar on Windows 10?
How do I unlock the taskbar in Windows 10?
- Right-click on the taskbar.
- In the context menu, choose Lock the taskbar to lock it. A check mark will appear next to the context menu item.
- To unlock the taskbar, right-click on it and select the checked Lock the taskbar item. The check mark will disappear.
Why can’t I unlock my taskbar?
Make sure that the Lock the taskbar option is not toggled on. The option that you will need to enable is the one right below it that says Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode. In some cases, click on an empty are can make the taskbar hide.
How can you unlock the taskbar?
Press and hold or right-click any empty space on the taskbar, select Taskbar settings , and turn on Lock the taskbar. If Lock the taskbar has a check mark next to it, you know it’s already locked.
Why doesn’t my taskbar hide when I go fullscreen?
How do I turn on auto-hide taskbar?
- Right-click an empty spot on the taskbar. This will open a menu of options.
- Choose Taskbar settings from the menu.
- Toggle on “Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode” or “Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode” depending on the configuration of your PC.