- Confirm whether your account falls among the following considerations
- and other key interest areas.
Anything other than the above-listed account will get rejected.
- Ensure you have a complete profile
Now, how does a complete profile look like? Well, it must have the following:
- Have a real profile photo: Your avatar should be your real photo or a picture of your company’s logo. If you have a strong fan base in other social media platforms, ensure that the images match.
- Have a header photo. Ensure that this photo resembles your profile photo. You can edit this from the profile section
- Put your date of birth in case you want to verify your twitter account. But for a business account, the date of birth isn’t a requirement.
- Have a public profile. If you’re a public figure, having your tweets set to private may make your profile not available for most potential followers on Twitter. Ensure to upload photos that look professional.
- Have a website: This is important for public figures and business brands. Having a website makes it easy for Twitter to trust you after determining your legitimacy and status. To verify your account, you will be required to provide at least two website links in the slots provided. You can add up to 5 websites if you’d wish to.
- A bio: This should be accurate and reflect on your public persona. It should describe in brief your account s about. Also, it should display an area of expertise. In addition to that, ensure you’ve added an accurate location to your bio.
- A verified email address. If you want to verify the company address, ensure that the email you’re using is for a company. For example, it should be something like firstname.lastname@example.org.For you to verify your email address, click on the email sent to you by Twitter and follow any instructions,s if any, to get your email verified.
- A Verified phone number. A verified phone number helps to connect your online persona to your offline entity. To get your Phone number verified, Twitter will send you a verification code in an SMS form to your mobile. Fill the codes in the required field, and the phone will be verified.
- An Active account: Twitter would easily recommend an active account for verification as opposed to dormant accounts that rarely post content.
- Prepare the credentials required by Twitter to establish your identity. To get your account verified, Twitter will require that you provide verification documents such as Driver’s license, passport, or National ID. Also, you must provide links to webpages as your reference. And most importantly, you should give a convincing reason for seeking account verification.
- Proceed to the filling of Twitter’s verification form. To apply for account verification, the following steps are handy.
- Head to Twitter’s verification form and fill the verification form. Enter your username, email, or phone and a password when prompted to access the page.
- After that, fill in your email, date of birth, and your reference website.
- Provide a compelling reason why your Twitter account can get verified.
- Ensure you add at least two website links for verification.
- If you’re applying for verification of a personal account, ensure you demonstrate the instances that you made an enormous impact on your industry.
- If you’re applying for verification of a brand account, company’s account, or corporation account, you should briefly highlight your mission or vision. Demonstrate how effectively you’ve been achieving it. Since you have only 500 characters at your disposal to make your case, you shouldn’t overthink. Just ensure to explain how your organization or brand adds value to the Twitter community. This is one of the tricks to get verified on Twitter as a business.
- Upload a clear picture of your National ID, Drivers License, or a passport to your form to make your form valid for verification.
- Hit on the “Submit” button to confirm your application. Your request for verification will be submitted to the Twitter team. If you’re looking for how to get verified on Twitter for free, then this procedure is handy.
Note: There is no specific number of days guaranteed for your account verification. Therefore, you’ll have to wait for a couple of days. When your application goes through or fails, you’ll receive a notification through your email address. If you haven’t made it, you can still make a case again after 30 days.
Why Should You Verify Your Twitter Account?
- Verified Twitter accounts signal a high level of authenticity and authority. This makes potential clients to trust the brand. More than 85% of Twitter users prefer purchasing their products from verified brands. And therefore, you can reap from such privileges.
- Being a social site, Twitter is one of the places to consolidate though leadership. Therefore, the blue check makes building a substantial following effortlessly.
- It allows for the proper management of your accounts. As such, you can be able to opt-in and out of direct messages, limit the number of notifications, and much more.
7 Proven Tips for Ramping up your Chances of Getting your Twitter Account Verified
Make sure your Twitter account has been active for at least two weeks before the time of application. Also, ensure to be actively engaged with your @ mentions for a couple of days before making your verification application. After submitting your request, continue being active until the time your account gets verified. If you’re much held up, you can use a content scheduling tool to keep your tweets posted over some time.
Add links to other verified Twitter profile in your bio section. This is an added advantage for gaining more followers on twitter. Also, ensure you add an accurate location on your bio.
If the account is brand dedicated or for an organization, ensure you add specifics and numbers in the bio section. Be more self-promotional. If it’s a personal account, try and get the most significant title that you can. This sounds funny, but it works.
For your account, add a catchy cover photo that shows you’re doing something great.
When giving the reason for seeking verification, Write a pitch that shows empathy to the Twitter community.
Submit the maximum number of links (5 links). Also, ensure your links are diverse to attract more attention.
Finally, view the profiles of recently verified users to get more inspirations and Insights.
If you’re looking for how to get verified on Twitter without being famous, then you’re at it. Now, it’s your turn to make it work for you.
Reasons that can make your Twitter Verification to be Revoked
Even though the process for getting your Twitter account verified is tedious, you can lose your verification budge quickly when you’re found guilty of the following offenses.
You are misleading twitter users intentionally by changing your name or details in the bio section.
You’re promoting hate or violence against a particular group of people base on any factor or characteristics.
You are engaging in incitement or embarrassment of other people.
Promotion of violence and dangerous behaviors.
Promotion of inappropriate imagery.
Suicide or self-harm
Violating Twitter’s terms and conditions and others of the like.
Can a normal person get verified on twitter?
How many followers do you need to get verified?
How much does a verified twitter account cost?
How do you get your twitter verified without being famous?
Who gets twitter verified?
- Companies, brands and non-profit organizations.
- News organizations and journalists.
- Sports and esports.
- Activists, organizers, and other influential individuals.
What verified means?
Can you pay for twitter verification?
How do you get a blue tick on Facebook without being famous?
Can a normal person get verified on Facebook?
How many followers do you need for blue tick?
How many followers do you need to get verified on Facebook?
How does Facebook verify blue tick?
- Go to facebook.com and log into your account.
- Go to this link and fill it out, including adding in a reason why your account should be verified. You’ll have to provide a copy of your photo ID to become verified. Devon Delfino/Business Insider.
- Hit “Send.”
Can a normal person get verified on Instagram?
How can I get blue tick on Facebook 2021?
How do I verify my Facebook business page 2021?
- Confirm Your Identity. Click on the Confirm Identity button.
- Enter Business Details.
- Select Your Business.
- Confirm Your Business Details.
- Get a Verification Code.
- Enter Verification Code (not applicable if you use domain verification)