Notice: Undefined variable: new_content in /home/howto/public_html/wp-content/themes/puma_theme/content-single.php on line 14
As a community, we can unite to apply science to our daily lives. From safe and clean energy, saving plants and animals, not polluting natural resources, we can do a lot. We have to teach kids, and we have to teach the elders.
How to Solve the Climate Change Problem?
Solving the climate change problem will need unity among all earthlings. From the northern hemisphere to the western countries, they have to reduce energy wastage. They have to turn to renewable forms of energy and cleaner emission goals. We can check our food sources, avoid mass factory farming meat, and plant trees. When the whole earth humans do this, we can solve the climate change problem.
What can a Community do to Prevent Climate Change?
The community as a whole is responsible for climate change because it is their habits that propel it. Our habits can make a day or break it and climate change, global warming is its adverse effects. We have to start from home, society, community, country, and to the entire earth.
- As a community, we can set our standards to respect the mother earth. We can penalize who pollutes the air. We can reward those who use nature-friendly cars, gadgets, and tools.
- Being a community, we can spread awareness because only this is a sustainable solution. We can teach elders, youngsters, and ourselves to reduce waste and reuse items.
- Even recycling uses up energy, oil, spreads CO2 in air, and as a community, we can keep a check on it.
7 Solutions to Climate Change
Not every solution has to be a sophisticated fabrication of a high-tech lab. Not every method has to be expensive and leased out by a billionaire. And, not every billionaire entrepreneur of Fortune 500 companies needs to be trolled to donate money.
The solutions below are not specific to a country, a society, or a single individual. It is a general set of rules, 7 things that we can think of to help with climate changes that are creating havoc around the world. As of 2020, we already had wildfires, corona outbreak, cyclones, locust invasion, and more.
1. Bring Your Own Bag
It is an initiative that can solve millions and billions of worth of single-use plastic that ends up in landfills, water bodies, lakes, and even in the depths of the oceans. A lot of countries like India use plastic bags again and again but many countries use them just once and discard them. They call it a carry bag in some place while a cover in others. Below are some cold hard facts.
- It can take a plastic bag, those found at stores, up to 1000 years to decompose naturally. About 1 million plastic bags are made and thrown out each minute, and at this rate, we create 500 billion wastes each year.
- The amount of petroleum used to make a plastic bag can power a small car up to 113 meters.
2. Reduce Meat Factories
Those meat factories that grow birds and animals in pathetic conditions should be stopped right away. Nature has given us abundant food sources, plants, and wildlife to sustain our hunger. However, some countries are increasing factory farming meat for increased production, where most of it goes to waste anyway.
- Animals like cows are responsible for emitting greenhouse gases in large quantities, up to 120kg of methane each year. CH4 is a dangerous greenhouse gas that has depleted the ozone layer for decades.
- Cattle factory farmed for beef in the US produce 3.7% of total greenhouse gas emissions.
3. Plant a Tree
Love plants and plant them in your room, balcony, and backyard. It is more useful than paved concrete or tiled floor. Plants not only reduce carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, but it also saves the planet. About 1 trillion trees can remove 25% of human carbon dioxide from the air each year. However, we are not just cutting them rampantly, but increasing carbon emissions in return. We are sure to doom if it went like this.
4. Change to Renewables
Better than unplugging your fans, laptops, and other things, turn to solar and renewables. Most countries in Europe love wind energy and hydro-electric today. From the Hoover Dam built in the 30s in the US, we have come very far. There is enough potential in using earth’s massive resources like seas, oceans, wind, and plug in our gadgets on them.
5. Spread Awareness
Turning more and more new people to join the revolution is the only way out. So, teach others, show them examples, and make them believe.
6. Stand Together, Act Together
Yes, if we talk about countries, the US is the sole disruptor of an energy crisis, and climate change, global warming, but as a whole, everyone from the equator to the poles can do their bit.
7. Check Corruption
Many industries release toxic CO2, and many other greenhouse gases into the air without fail. They should face penalties and immediate closure by law. Corruption should not kill humans.
What can I Personally do about Global Warming?
The answer to this question is only with you. If you are a teacher, you can spread awareness. If you are a firefighter, you can focus on innovative ways to deal with disasters and relief. Or, if you are a businessman, you could do non-profit camps to help the needy. And, as a human being, you can do countless things. If you are an industrialist, you can put first-class purification units before letting the chemicals, gases into the air, into the water.
- I can start with fixing by daily routine to respect water usage, electricity, and natural resources. I can focus on stopping polluting the environment by avoiding littering corners of buildings of lakes behind my backyard.
- Also, I can focus on cleaning my neighborhood and safely disposing them to landfills, cleaning my house and safely disposing them to neighborhood dumps. I can focus on buying products that do not use CFCs, greenhouse gases, cleaner-emission cars.
How does Recycling Help Climate Change?
Recycling is one of the 3R(s) of helping save the earth, nature. The other two beings Reduce, Reuse. So, if you did all these things repeatedly in a cycle, that is, reduce your usage, reuse things, and recycle that can’t be used again, you are helping save nature, your surrounding habitat, and the earth. Below is a list of how exactly it works.
- Any material or product has items like packaging, single-use and multi-use parts, and so on. When the whole thing stops working, before discarding, it is good to separate out the parts that you can reuse alone or after some fixing.
- This fixing and making it useful in some other way is called recycling. For example, newspapers can be recycled again to make new paper, to make notebooks or packaging covers.
What can We do to Stop Climate Change KS2?
With kids, teaching them the right things from the start can help curb the effects in the future. It is possible to model their behavior to learn to respect nature, reuse things, DIY stuff as much as possible, and more than anything be proud of doing so.
As kids grow, they find embarrassment when they find others not reusing old things, caring too much, but teaching them the right at home, can help with it.
- Teach them to turn off the lights, fans when they don’t need, and make them realize each time they don’t. Ask them to close the doors immediately to keep heat away, and open them in cold to let sunlight in.
- Teach them to use the shower when needed instead of letting the water flow continuously. Tell them to take a bike, or walk for short distances, encourage them, and penalize them when they don’t.
- Turn off gadgets when not in use. For example, don’t keep it turned on just to keep tabs open, logins active.
It is easier when taken care of when they are still kids, at home, and at school, during holidaying, shopping, anywhere and everywhere.
- More than 10,000 marine animals lose their life to plastic bags that end up in the oceans.
- With kids, you can help them develop habits that stay with them as they grow up.
- Plants can recycle pet 5 plastic bottles and use them again to carry beverages.