Why is my printer idle?
The possible cause of the printer status “Idle” error could be the problems with your printer driver. If your printer driver is missing or corrupted this issue could happen. … In some cases if you have a printer “Idle” issue, you can unplug your printer’s USB, put it back and restart your computer.
How do I change my printer from idle to online?
- Open Windows Settings (Win + 1)
- Navigate to Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Select the printer of which you want to change the status, and then click on Open queue.
- In the Print Queue window, click on Printer Offline. …
- Confirm, and the status of the printer will be set to online.