As Covid-19 has everything in its claws, the whole world has become stagnant, the economy is falling and everyone is instructed to stay inside and maintain distance for their safety and their loved ones.
As we’re all practicing physical social distancing, which can be pretty depressive, your hearts should never be alone in such difficult times, cause your loved ones are just a phone call away.
So, if you’re an inhabitant of Australia and have a loved one residing in the United States, then this article is going to teach you exactly how to call from Australia to the USA.
Unlike the old times where the only way of distant communication was through letters, but now with technology at its peak, communication with your dear ones is just a touch away, and we have only one man to thank it for.
In 1876, Alexander Graham Bell was awarded the first U.S. scientist for the invention of the telephone.
Although an Italian innovator Antonio Meucci is considered the inventor of the first basic phone in 1849, and Frenchman Charles Bourseul devised a phone in 1854, it was actually Graham’s model that moved forward and the world of telecommunication hasn’t seen back since then, in fact, it has now evolved in a trillion-dollar industry.
With its evolution and progress over the years, telecommunication has seen many phases, from a wire connected rotating numeric design to cordless phones, from the first Motorola mobile phone to Nokia to the latest model of iPhone, the world of communication has only helped us in connecting with people from near and far.
Calling Via Landline:
While living in Australia, if you’re using a landline to call a friend then all you need to do is follow these easy steps mentioned below:
- For the USA start by dialing 0011 instead of the plus sign (+) at the beginning.
- Then add +1, for it is the calling code for the USA.
- After that again use the plus sign and dial the area code, where the person you wish to call resides. Example: +917 if the person you’re calling lives in Brooklyn, New York.
- At last, the telephone number of the person you want to connect with.
- (0011 + 1 + area code + telephone number)
- And tada! You can now talk to your friends and family for as long as you want.
Calling Via Mobile Phone:
Calling over a cell phone is almost similar to that of landline, but with just a little change.
- Start by entering the + symbol on your dial pad. This is usually done by pressing and holding down the 0 key.
- Dial the USA country code +1 which is the same for the landline.
- Again, add the area code, but this time without adding a plus sign.
- And finally, enter the local number assigned to the person you intend to connect with.
Your phone will automatically convert the + into your required international exit code (depending on the location of the receiver). This allows callers to use the same stored number no matter what country they are in.
And if you’re a tourist in the country and don’t have a cellphone to connect you internationally, then talking to your friends and family should be the least of your worries because you can always use a payphone. And you can call anyone from there just by using the steps demonstrated for calling via mobile phone.
The charges might be a little heavier on your pocket but if not used for connecting with your loved ones then what for will you use it for?
Calling Via The Internet:
If you wish to make an international call from Australia to the USA and don’t want to spend an excessive amount on that, then we’ve got it covered for you, too.
In this tech-savvy world, the internet always comes to your rescue, whether you need information regarding any topic in the world, or if you want to talk to someone across the globe.
As the internet now offers different faster speeds for you to operate, it also provides you with different apps that can cut your calling cost into less than half.
And not only voice-calls but also allows you to see your loved ones through a video call with amazing quality display too. Apps like WhatsApp, Skype, Facebook messenger, all you need to do is tap once on your cell phone and it connects you directly to the person miles away as if they’re sitting right next to you. It’s a great way of endless calling without dealing with the cost of an expensive bill.
In such hard times, but with so many options at our disposal, let’s call out to all those living near or far and let them know that we’re in this together.
How do I call USA from Australia?
The USA’s country code is +1. For calls to USA from Australia dial: 0011 + 1 + area code + telephone number. For calls from USA to Australia dial: 00 + 61 + area code + telephone number.
How do I make an international call from Australia?
- Enter the exit code. The Australian exit code is 0011 or you could use + on a mobile.
- Enter the country code. Check out the country codes on our international call rates support page.
- Enter the phone number. Enter the phone number including the area code.
How can I call to USA?
How do I call a mobile number in USA?
How do I write my US phone number for international calls?
An example of a US phone number
- 00 – the exit code to dial outside the States.
- 1 – the US country code.
- 202 – the local DC area code.
- 588-6500 – the rest of the embassy’s number.
Are code in USA?
What area code is 151 in USA?
What is area code in us?
What is the code to call USA from Italy?
How do you call private?
Open your phone’s keypad and dial * – 6 – 7, followed by the number you’re trying to call. The free process hides your number, which will show up on the other end as “Private” or “Blocked” when reading on caller ID. You will have to dial *67 each time you want your number blocked.
How do I make a call to Italy from the US?
- First, dial 011, the US exit code.
- Next, dial 39, Italy’s country code.
- Then, dial the 2-4 digit area code.
- Finally, dial the 8-10 digit phone number.
How are phone numbers written in Italy?
How much does it cost to call Italy from the US?
How do I call Whatsapp from Italy?
How do I use WhatsApp for international calls?
How do I convert my phone number to International?
To use the previous example:
- Country code: +44.
- National destination code: 7911.
- Subscriber number: 123456.
- The result: +447911123456.
Are WhatsApp video calls free internationally?
Ads by Google