Have you always wondered how most artists can draw a perfect image of a shark in a matter of time? Have you ever dreamed of perfecting a shark drawing, but you can’t make it happen after so many attempts?
You don’t need to become like Da Vinci to perfect a shark image on your drawings. You only need to know the right steps and techniques to make that happen. Here we’ll show you a step by step guide of drawing a shark.
Materials to Prepare for this Activity
Gather all your materials and be prepared to take on this fun and creative activity.
For this activity, you will be needing the following:
- Drawing book or any piece of white paper
- Black Marker or any drawing tool available (pencil, ballpen, crayons, etc.)
- Coloring tools (you can use whatever you have like a crayon, craypas or watercolor) – you can use this for coloring your shark image later
- And your creativity!
Step by Step Drawing Guide – How to Draw a Shark
Step 1: Find a table or flat surface with zero obstruction where you can draw effectively.
Step 2: Grab your drawing book or piece of paper and a black marker.
Step 3: In the middle of your paper, using your black marker, draw a decent size of a curve line. Make sure it’s not too big or small. This will be the base of the shark’s head and back.
Step 4: Then start working on the shark’s mouth. On the left side of the curve line you just drew, draw a little curve that is more directed inside. It should be pointing almost in the middle part of the first curve.
Step 5: After the curve, finish it by drawing a slanting upside-down V shape form. This will be the mouth of the shark.
Step 6: Then, you will need to work on the shark’s fin. This time, draw a slanting V shape form in the middle. Let it curve a little bit to create an illusion that it’s moving.
Step 7: To create the lower base of the shark’s body, go back to the second curve you drew and start connecting another curve, which is the end of the shark’s mouth. Connect that curve to the first point of the fin. Then connect that curve on the other side of the fin. Please do not connect the curve on the second point, continue it on the other side, and skip the fin. The curve has to be the same size now as the first curve.
Step 8: On top of the shark’s body, you’ll need to draw another fin. It should look like an upside-down V shape that’s a little bit curved.
Step 9: And then, on the lower part of the shark’s body, draw another small fin beside the first fin you drew.
Step 10: We’re almost done here. Now, let’s get the tail settled. Draw the tail that looks like a letter M, almost doing a split.
Step 11: Then, draw the shark’s teeth by making small triangles inside the mouth. It doesn’t have to be perfect and the same. The sharper, the fiercer the shark will look.
Step 12: Draw a circle for the eye, not too big. Just enough to look like an eye. Inside the circle, draw another small circle on the lower part. Shade it with your marker to make it look like a pupil. Then you’ve got the shark’s eye.
Step 13: Add the gills and draw three gills. The lines should be a little bit curved and in three different sizes – starting from large, medium, and small.
Step 14: For the finishing touch, you can add a line on top of the shark’s eye to achieve a fiercer look. Voila! You got your nice shark drawing!
Tips on Designing your Shark Drawing
If you want to keep your creativity flowing, here’s what you can do to emphasize your shark’s beauty.
- Color it! – As we’ve mentioned earlier, we’ve asked you to prepare your coloring materials. If you get this feeling to do more with your drawing, you can always color it. Express your creativity and extend the fun while coloring your shark drawing.
- Add more drawings – You can also draw other sea creatures or plants around it to make it look like it’s under the ocean. Or you can also add a drawing of waves to create a sea illusion of the drawing. There’s no wrong or right here, add as many images as you want in your picture.
- Use some beads and glitters – Another fun and creative way to color your shark is through using beads and glitters. If you like the sparkly and shiny effect on your drawing, you can always take advantage of using these two. You will only need glue to have these designs stick on your paper.
- Frame it and display – Add this wonderful artwork as a living room or bedroom display. This will impress your visitors and even your family members. Artworks are always an excellent design to accentuate a home. You can attach your drawing in a sturdy canvass to prevent it from folding, or you may frame it to protect it for a long time. Take advantage of showing your talent at home with your artwork!