Jeans have been in fashion for almost a century.
The soft and stretchable material makes this fabric more acceptable to the young generationNot only the young generation, but older people are also using jeans comprehensivelyFaded jeans have a different appeal and here is how you can fade your jeans.
How to Fade Jeans with Vinegar?
Faded jeans are the style statement in modern society. Jeans can be of different types like denim jeans and of course of other colors. But it may happen that you may not get the types and colors you are looking for at the shops.
- So there are ways to make your jeans look at how you want to. A faded jeans increase the aura of your appearance and it looks very cool also.
- This is why people try to make their jeans fade even if they don’t get the actual thing they wanted.
- Among the different ways to fade your jeans, vinegar is the most convenient as well as easily available trick to accomplish the job.
- When you wash your jeans with water and soap, the color of the fabric gradually gets away. But a cup of vinegar will give you quick results rather than washing it with only water.
- So for it, first you need to take a bucket full of cold water and soak your jeans into it. When the soaking is complete, add a cup of distilled white vinegar into the cold water.
- Now put your jeans into it again. Try to put the jeans in such a way that only those places come in direct contact with the vinegar where you want to fade the color of it.
- Now after that lay it flat in a cold place or hang it to let dry. The odor will eventually go when the jeans will get dry.
How to Fade Jeans with Sandpaper?
Making jeans fade has now become a fashion statement for the youth. If you are willing to do some styling on your jeans so that it looks a bit more fashionable, then you can use sandpaper or a pumice stone to make it fade. With that, you can get a different type of styling on the material.
- Buy 180 grit of sandpaper or arrange for a pumice stone.
- Now rub the sandpaper or the pumice stone on the particular area of the jeans where you want to lighten the color of it.
- Keep in mind that you should not rub the jeans with the paper so hard that the fabric gets damaged with that.
- After you get the desired result, now wash your jeans. You can wash it with your hands or you can put it into the washing machine too.
How to Fade Jeans with Hydrogen Peroxide?
If you use bleach to fade your jeans it may cause effluent problems. So to get rid of this, you can simply use hydrogen peroxide to fade your jeans. The basic line of fading is to oxidize the coloring particles of the jeans and rinse them away from the fabric. Hydrogen Peroxide can do this job very gently and thus the jeans don’t get damaged. This chemical compound results in high whiteness of the fabric. You can apply hydrogen peroxide with a sponge on the desired area you want to whiten. Now leave it for some time and then wash it well to rinse the oxidized coloring particles. On the other hand, whenever the task of bleaching black jeans comes, the experts use hydrogen peroxide as it doesn’t leave a yellowish tone on the fabric.
How to Fade a Denim Jacket?
For a stylish appearance, denim jackets are the best options for fashion freaks. It is lightweight as well as provides you an effortless look. On the contrary, if you have a fashionable faded denim jacket, you can be the center of attraction of the party. Here is the way, how you can lighten your denim jacket.
To accomplish the job, you need the following materials.
- A plastic bucket
- Disposable gloves
Now fill the bucket with cold water or you can take lukewarm water as per your preference. Then put on your gloves and mix the bleach perfectly and put your jacket into it. Make sure that you put the jacket well under the water and it covers the whole fabric. Leave your jacket into the solution for nearly 30 minutes so that you can get the fade well distributed throughout the material. You have to rotate the jacket every 10 minutes to avoid color patches on it. The longer you leave it in the solution; the fader your jacket will be.
How to Fade in Front of Jeans?
Fading the frontal part of the jeans is not very hard. First of all, you need to put a barrier in between the frontal and the back part of the jeans so that the bleaching material doesn’t soak to the other end. Now take a sponge and soak it in the bleaching solution. Apply it to the desired area of the jeans and leave it for some time. When the time is over, wash your jeans carefully.
Bleaching Raw Denim
Bleaching raw denim is as easy as bleaching the other denim fabrics.
- Take a bucket full of warm water. The amount should be around 2 gallons. Mix two cups of bleaching liquid into it and stairwell to get a good mix.
- Put on your gloves to protect your hand. You can also use a mask to avoid the smell of bleaching if you don’t like it.
- Put your denim into it and leave it for 30 minutes. Take it out and put it again with a regular interval so that all the parts of the denim soak the liquid perfectly.
- Now take it out of the liquid and put it to the washing machine to rinse the extra amount of liquid into it. Lay it flat or hang it to dry.
How can I Lighten My Jeans without Bleach?
It is always better not to use artificial chemicals to wash your clothes. When the matter is to lighten the color of your jeans, you should be more careful about that. Strong chemicals may lighten your jeans faster but they have properties that can cause decay of the materials of the clothes. Even strong chemicals can be harmful to your skin too when you will put the jeans on. There are several other ways to lighten your jeans without using bleach like lemon juice, Sandpaper, and peroxides, and so on. Since we have already discussed the Sandpaper and peroxide part, here in this para we will discuss the usefulness of two other natural bleaching materials. These materials are way more effective to lighten your jeans and are not harmful to the fabric too.
1. With Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is compact with citric acid which works as a natural bleaching material for the clothes. On the other hand, they are easy to get and you can use them to the extent you want to. Follow the steps mentioned below and make your jeans look happening.
- Fill a bucket with natural water and put your jeans into it so that it gets under the top level of the water. Soak it fully and then drain out the excess water content casually.
- Put concentrated lemon juice to the bucket and now put your wait jeans into it. Put lemon juice in such a quantity that the jeans can submerge into it.
- You can check from time to time for the result and keep it as it is until you are satisfied with the result.
- Now when you see that your jeans have lost the color to your satisfaction level, then take it out of the bucket and wash it with fresh water.
- Rinse the excess amount of lemon juice from it and lay it in a dry cool place for drying. Your jeans are ready to wear and you are ready to rock the party.
2. With Coffee
Coffee beans are great to make the color of the jeans lighter. You need a handful of coffee beans for the process. If they are green then the result will be the best. Otherwise, you can use the roasted coffee beans too for this purpose.
- Now rub the coffee beans on the spot you want to lighten and continue it for some time. After that, pour some hot water into it to rinse the coffee. Now you can wash it well with natural water and you will see the desired result out of it.
- Other than all these remedies, there is one more natural thing which can fade the color of the jeans and that is Epsom salt. You just need to make a solution to the salt and natural water and leave your jeans to soak overnight. The result will be in front of your eyes the next morning.
- You can fade the color of your jeans using bleaching on it.
- Other than bleaching, you can use vinegar or hydrogen peroxide or a Sandpaper to fade particular areas.
- Always use protective gloves so that you don’t come in direct contact with the bleach.