Getting to know the art of forging a signature is fun but forging something with the intention of deceiving someone is a crime so you need to be careful how and where you apply these techniques. This article will help you forge.
Using Tracing Paper
Tracing paper is used for beginners to learn about the curves of the signature by applying on the original signature. It will assist in making your wrist flexible. You will need a tracing paper and a copy of the original articles for this.
- You must put a tracing paper first. After that, you should place your copy of the original signature over it. You need to trace the signature slowly until you are comfortable with the curves and alphabets.
- In order to make it real, you need to look into the thickness of the signature. And recognize the pressure points.
Using of Simple White Paper
A simple white paper is good enough to practice the original signature in case you do not have tracing paper.
- You need to place it over the original signature’s copy and try tracing it with a pencil lightly. We must give attention to the slant of the original signature and study the letter formation’s order.
- You should place the white paper on the blank spot where you want to sign and trace the signature accordingly and then apply the signature impression and sign in pen.
- A good pencil will help you forge a signature easily if you try.
Use Free Handing
Free handing comes with the experience and flexible wrist to provide required slants and pressure to the alphabets.
- First, you need to study the signature closely. This requires pointing out every possible minute detail about the original signature.
- You should look into the slants, thickness, and pressure points in the original signature. Any slight deflection might cause you to falsify the forgery.
- You need to look where the letters connect and all the possible misshapen, practice it, and examine it then go for it. Freehand will allow you to forge the signature accurately
Trying Upside Down
This seems odd but it helps you to understand all minute details about the signature which we can miss while studying it straight away.
- You need to look at the original piece of signature from any other angle than normal so you can read it more closely.
- We need to teach yourself to see it more like a drawing rather than a signature.
- You should try doing it upside down, it’s easier to copy if you see it as a drawing and more objectively.
Pitfalls are the only foe in case of forging any signature. Therefore, it requires your attention to what you are going to sign. You need to be more confident.
- You need to practice the signature that you are going to sign and pay attention to the pen and paper not only on the signature itself.
- Also, you are advised to avoid retouching the signature, it shows that you are not who says you are.
- You should think of it as your own signature and do not lift the pen, continuity will respond to the indication of forgery.
Avoid Exact Copies
It is nearly impossible for any individual to create the signature like the previous one even if it’s your own signature so an exact copy will give you away.
- You need to look for more than one signed document to study the pattern, in other words, local features in the signature.
- You are advised to make a slight change in the signature as every time we sign, they are always different from the previous one.
How to Copy a Signature from a Scanned Document?
This is an authentic way to forge someone’s signature. You should have a copy of the original copy of the signature.
- You need to provide the original signature on a piece of paper and scan the paper and transfer it to your computer as an image.
- We are required to crop the exact location of the signature from the large piece of paper and save it. You should go for the signature line and insert the cropped image to sign.
Forge Signature with Permission
This is the best way to forge someone’s signature with their consent. It is perfectly legal. You need to present that you are an authentic statement that the person has authorized you to sign on his/her behalf.
- You need to check the documents you are going to forge the signature on. We should read the document first after signing the document.
- You can use electronic signatures or eSignatures these days to legally sign the documents. This will help you overcome physical barriers in getting signatures.
How to Spot a Forged Signature?
Anyone cannot begin to forge a signature. There might be a few points that can help you to identify the forged signature.
- You must spot the difference by looking at its length; it is generally shorter or longer than the original signature.
- You can look for certain breaks in the forged signature; this might cause spaces and a different configuration of the letters.
- A person should give permission to forge his/her signature. Therefore, he/she can confirm if they have signed such a document or not.
What Happens if You Fake a Signature?
Forging someone’s signature without the person’s consent is a criminal offense. It is an art to copy things. That is to say, your deceiving intentions might put you behind bars.
- You have to be ready for penalties if you are forging someone’s signature. It depends on the degree of seriousness of the forged documents.
- It is a crime and you must ask yourself if you are ready to be a felony after that plan to forge, a notary can guide you on what to do next.
- You need to clear your mindset even if your intentions are pure.
Make Your Signature Harder to Forge
You want to keep your signature safe after that, plan to forge someone else’s. You need to focus on certain points that make your signature hard to copy.
- A forger eye should inspect the signature, for instance, more complex slants and random thickness of the signature, etc.
- You should put some more intersections into your signature, more curves. The abnormal line marks are used to make it in short harder than previously.
How to Find Someone’s Signature?
There is a separate forensic division to find out the forged signatures. Many experts are there to identify the forgery.
- You need to look carefully at the starting stroke. These are the key indicators to look at like the blunt starts and stops of the signature.
- The pressure points in the signature give us the duress under which signatures are signed. Signing under duress is not admissible.
- You should pay attention to the appearance of the signature. If it is even a little shaky, it tells us a tale as well and is not authentic.
- Practice is the key to everything. You must copy the signature after that you will get the result that you wanted.
- Instead of just a signature, you need to look for the pen of the person whose signature you are planning to forge and use the same. In other words, you should be comfortable with it.
- Forging a signed document and presenting it for authentication need confidence and any stressful behavior can give you away.
- The degree of seriousness of the forgery intensifies your penalty from restitution to long time jail sentences.
Is it legal to forge a signature?
What is the easiest way to forge a signature?
How can you tell if a signature is forged?
- Shaky handwriting.
- Pen lifts.
- Signs of retouching.
- Letter proportions.
- Signature shape and dimensions.
- Letter slants.
- Speed, acceleration, and smoothness of curves.
- Pen pressure and pressure changes.
Is it a felony to forge a signature?
Is forgery hard to prove?
What are the 3 types of handwriting forgery?
Can I sue someone for forging my signature?
What is the most common forgery?
What are the 3 basic steps in handwriting analysis?
- examine the questionable document for detectable traits and record them.
- obtain writing of suspects (exemplar) and compare traits found in the questionable document with it.
- draw conclusions about the authorship of the questionable documents based on the comparison.