The worst nightmare that your carpet can ever have is having a spilled liquid or powder stain. Some of them are too tough to remove that it might take a long time and effort to get rid of them.
Unlike coffee or sauce stains, makeup stains are not that hard to take out and have easy remedies that you can follow below.
- Use the Vacuum Cleaner
- If you spilled a powder-based type of makeup like foundation powder or eyebrow powder, it’s easier to clean it with a vacuum.
- Ensure to vacuum it right away and do not let it spread or stick to the carpet. Only vacuum the affected part so the stain won’t spread all over the carpet.
- If there’s a little stain left from the makeup, wipe it with a cloth dipped in warm water. Brush it until the stains are no longer visible.
- Use the Basic Soap and Water
- If the stain is quite tough and the vacuum won’t make a cut to clean the makeup stain, you will need to immediately remedy it with your two best friends: soap and water.
- Just mix a bowl of lukewarm water and 2 tbsps. of liquid soap. Make sure you only use a mild soap to prevent damaging the quality of your carpet.
- Dip a cloth or sponge into the soap water mixture and start brushing the carpet’s affected area.
- Brush the carpet gently without smearing the carpet stain all the more.
- Ensure that you don’t over soak the carpet, or it will take time to dry when you need to. Just apply a moderate amount of soap water mixture.
- Continue brushing the stain until it’s no longer visible.
- Dry the affected area with a blower using the lowest heat to retain the carpet’s good quality and prevent it from drying out.
- Use the Potato Starch
- First, you will need lukewarm water.
- Dip a cloth or sponge to the water and gently dab the stain. Ensure that the area where the stain is located has absorbed enough water.
- Then, apply some potato starch on the affected area and leave to dry for at least a day.
- Vacuum the stain the next day.
- Wipe the excess stain with a clean wet cloth and let it dry.
- Use a Makeup Remover
- Clean any makeup debris and ensure that it won’t spread from the other parts of the carpet.
- Then apply a few drops of liquid makeup remover to the affected area. Make sure you won’t smother it with the liquid remover.
- Dab a cloth or sponge to the stain to help the carpet absorb the makeup remover.
- Brush it gently until the stains are gone from the carpet.
- Makeup liquid remover is easy to dry. However, if you accidentally put a lot, you can always dry it with a blower or air dry it.
- Use a Carpet Stain Remover
- Clean any makeup residue before proceeding to the next step.
- Make sure you read the stain remover packet’s instructions at the back before starting.
- Only apply the mixture to the affected area and let the carpet absorb the stain remover.
- Dab with a cloth or sponge to wipe off the softened stain away.
- Dry it with a hairdryer after wiping off the stain.
Call for professional help
If the carpet stains did not come off after doing the methods shown above, then it’s time to call for professional help. Do not invent your home remedy. The makeup stain must be tough to remove, and using home remedies might not be a great help. Rather, it might bring further damage to the carpet.
The fees for these professionals will vary depending on how big the stain is and how credible the cleaning company as well. Seek for cleaning specialists near you or ask for any referrals that do a great job with cleaning carpets. Don’t wait for too long and have the stain dry out too much on the carpet. Carpets are known to be expensive, and it would be a waste if you ended up destroying its quality.
Important Things to Note
- Never use bleach or any strong cleaning agents that might cause discoloration to your carpet.
- Do not use a sharp and harsh brush when cleaning the carpet, or it will damage the quality of the carpet.
- Only follow the methods mentioned above to remedy small carpet stains only. If the stain is too big, have it cleaned professionally.
- Read and review your carpet’s service and maintenance guide. It should show you the right way on how to care for your carpet and remedy little stains.
- Do not believe in “cleaning myths” that are not proven and tested by experts. Always stick to what works, and don’t risk damaging your carpet.
Can makeup stains be removed?
How do you get eyeshadow stains out of carpet?
- Mix one tablespoon of liquid hand dishwashing detergent with two cups of cool water.
- Using a clean white cloth, sponge the stain with the detergent solution.
- Blot until the liquid is absorbed.
- Continue applying and blotting the detergent solution until the stain disappears.
- Sponge with cold water and blot dry.
How do you remove foundation stains?
How do you get black eyeshadow out of carpet?
How do you get Mrs Hinch foundation out of carpet?
Dab the area gently with a damp cloth to absorb the liquid by blotting with a cloth. After that, drizzle potato starch on the make-up stain and leave to dry for 24 hours. Now vacuum. This should work wonders in removing the foundation or make-up stains on the carpet.
What is a good stain remover for carpet?
How do I get toughest stains out of carpet?
- Woolite. Heavy Traffic.
- Spot Shot. Instant Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator.
- Simple Green. Naturals Carpet Care.
- Scotchgard. Oxy Carpet & Fabric Spot Remover.
- Kids ‘N’ Pets. Stain & Odor Remover.
- Great Value (Walmart) Foaming Carpet Cleaner.
- Dyson. Dyzolv Spot Cleaner.
What is the best homemade carpet cleaning solution?
Does baking soda get stains out of carpet?
How long do you leave baking soda and vinegar on carpet?
How do you get caked with baking soda out of carpet?
Does Vinegar discolor carpet?
How long can I leave vinegar on carpet?
Is Vinegar a good carpet cleaner?
Can I put baking soda in my carpet cleaner?
What does baking soda do for carpets?
How do you clean dirty carpet at home?
Baking soda is a proven odor absorber, plus it’s cheap and all-natural. “Baking soda’s particles go deep down into the carpet, past the point you can’t even see, all the way to the base to absorb and neutralize odors.
How much baking soda do I put in my carpet?
- Vacuum and Treat Visible Stains. Always begin any cleaning process by vacuuming the carpet to remove loose soil, dust, dirt, and debris.
- Mix a Vinegar and Water Solution.
- Apply the Solution, Wait, and Blot.
- Allow the Carpet to Air-Dry.
Ads by Google