Art can be a beautiful and mesmerizing way to express one’s self but to do that you need to get your hands dirty. Some of the most common tools used while painting or coloring are also the messiest ones.
Water paints, etc can get out of your hands with ease but spray paints can be a different case. They’re the sturdiest form of paints and can quickly stick to your skin.
Don’t worry though, you can easily get spray paint off hands with these quick methods. Keep reading to learn how to get spray paint off hands.
Dish Soap Method
Things you’ll need:
- Olive Oil
- Dish Soap
- First of all, take some olive oil in the palm that you want to get spray paint off and massage it into your hands thoroughly. Make sure that the painted area is completely covered with olive oil. As you massage oil, you will notice that the paint will start to come off slightly.
- Keep massaging your hand for around 2-3 minutes until the paint has loosened a little. You will see that the paint will start coming off and will be mixed with the oil.
- Use a spare toothbrush to gently scrub under your nails. You can do this if the spray paint has gotten inside your nails as well. Gently but firmly push the bristles of the toothbrush to insert the oil in your nails.
- Once you are done with the olive oil you can move on to the next step to get spray paint off hands. This is where the dish soap comes in. Take some dish soap, any dish soap, and start massaging your hands with it. Slowly you will notice that the paint will come off.
- Keep massaging the dish soap on your palm and under your nails to get spray paint off hands. Keep rubbing your hands until there is enough lather from the soap.
- Once the oil and soapy mixture have loosened up the paint pigments, start up your tap and wash your hands with water. Keep rubbing to get all of it off. You can use a toothbrush again to get it out from under your nails.
- Lastly, repeat the process twice to get maximum results and the cleanest hands ever.
Note: Make sure that you are not allergic to the olive oil before you start this method. If olive oil doesn’t work for you, then you can simply replace it with a little amount of vegetable or almond oil.
Baking Soda Method
Next up is the baking soda method. These ingredients can be found in every kitchen. They are the cheapest and most basic kitchen supplies. You will not be spending extra on anything. Also, there are no hard chemicals involved in these processes so you won’t be harming your skin either.
Things you’ll need:
- Olive Oil
- Baking soda
- First, take some olive oil in your dirty hand, and start scrubbing it all over your hands. Once again, it is not compulsory to use olive oil. If you seem to have any allergic reactions to olive oil then you can switch to vegetable oil or even coconut oil.
- Secondly, take some baking soda and sprinkle it all over hands. Make sure that you don’t sprinkle it gingerly or it won’t work as well. Cover your hands completely with baking soda.
- Next step would be start rubbing your hands together. The baking soda will create a sort of paste when mixed with the oil. This is a safe and fool-proof method to get spray paint off hands.
- You can use a spare toothbrush or a sponge to rub your hands even more thoroughly. Sometimes some stains can be very stubborn and won’t come off just by massaging your hands together. You can use a toothbrush for such spots. Gently rub the bristles against the stain and the paint will start to dissolve into the paste.
Note: Take care that you don’t scrub too hard with the toothbrush. It will help in removing the stains but your skin might get damaged in the process as well. Lightly use it against your skin. Use a sponge if you have sensitive skin.
- Put your hand under cool running water and wash it all off. The oil might not come off easily so you can wash your with soap afterward as well.
- Lastly, apply hand cream as the soap and baking soda can dry your skin.
- Repeat the process once for better results.
How do you get dry spray paint off your hands?
- Nail polish remover! It works!
- If you have a little bit more spray paint mess to deal with, the second best method to get rid of it is non-stick cooking spray! Just spray it on, rub it in, and then wash it away with soap and water.
How do you get Rustoleum spray paint off your hands?
How do you remove paint off your hands?
- Wet the area of skin covered in paint.
- Generously lather the area with bar or dish soap.
- Scrub the area of skin covered with paint for a few minutes.
- Rinse the area with water and repeat as necessary until all the paint is removed.
Does vinegar remove paint?
Does rubbing alcohol remove paint?
Will rubbing alcohol damage car paint?
Will nail polish remover take off paint?
Will vinegar and baking soda remove paint?
A natural way to remove paint from metal surfaces is to combine baking soda and water or white vinegar and water over a heat source. You can do this on your stovetop with a disposable pot or pan.
What is a natural paint remover?
What household items can remove paint?
- Baking Soda and Boiling Water. Removing paint in hardware is a simple task and doesn’t need expensive paint remover.
- Soda and Flour.
- Borax, Ammonia, and Soda.
- Liquid Laundry Detergent.
- Hydrogen Peroxide.
What is a good homemade paint remover?
How do you get acrylic paint off without acetone?
What is the easiest way to remove old paint?
To strip old paint, apply a thick coat of remover uniformly over the surface of a section with an inexpensive paintbrush. Leave the coating undisturbed for about 20 minutes, until the paint begins to bubble up. Remove the softened paint with a plastic scraper (Image 1).