Meet the requisite
Before you can start your journey to becoming a verified Instagram user, you should first check whether you meet the minimum requirement. Based on the set guidelines for evaluation, your account should have the following features.
- Authentic: Before applying for verification, ensure that what is on your profile reflects your true personality or business entity. Hype in your bio but also keep it real and practical.
- Unique: Your account should be unique and represent undoubtedly the presence of the business it represents. Besides that, the account must be specific since Instagram will not verify general accounts. You can have only one account verified.
- Complete: Before applying for verification, ensure your account has a clear profile photo, a complete bio, has at least one post. And in addition to that, the account should be public and not linked
- Notable: Your profile and bio must represent a public figure, highly sought for, entity or brand. If your account has been featured in multiple news sources, then your chances of succeeding are endless.
Submit An Application For Account Verification
Now, having gone through the requirements above, you absolutely know whether you stand a chance to get a verification budge or not. If you believe your account is above the minimum, or perhaps want to try your luck, here is the way to go.
- Launch your Instagram account and log in to the account for which you’re seeking a verification badge.
- When you get to your account home, tap on your profile icon located at the bottom right corner of the screen. Doing so takes to another screen.
- Next, tap on the three-dotted icon found on the upper right corner of the screen. This takes you to anew screen with a list of options.
- Navigate to the bottom of the screen and tap the geared “Settings” icon. This takes you to the settings menu.
- From the menu that appears, tap on the “Account.” This takes you to the account menu.
- Scroll down the account’s menu and tap on the “Request verification.” Doing so will take you to the verification application page.
- Fill in the form provided with valid information from the username to the category of your account.
- Also, ensure your upload the national identification card or any other alternative government identification document. To do that, tap on the blue “Choose File” option found on the lower right side of the screen, just below the form. This gives you three options: Take Photo, Photo Library, and Browse. You can choose any of the three options to upload
- Hit on the blue “Send” button at the bottom of the screen when done to submit your application.
Note: Applying an Instagram verification budge doesn’t guarantee success in getting verified. Therefore, you can prepare for success or failure.
Understand The Dos And Don’ts
What Happens After I Submit My Application For Verification?
There’s no specific timeline through which you should receive a notification on your verification status.
Therefore, patience and optimism should be necessary. When the Instagram team is through with the verification of your account, an email will be sent to you communicating the same.
What happens when my account fails Instagram’s verification standards? You may ask. Well, this shouldn’t cause you a lot of migraines as you can fix your blunders and make another application after 30 days. If your account gets verified, that’s a bit of a leap.
However, you have to be very cautious about the activities that you carry out within the account to avoid the withdrawal of your budge. Below are some of the things that you should avoid like a plague for you to keep your badge.
- Avoid advertising, transferring, and selling of your badge.
- Never use your profile picture, name, or bio section to promote other services.
- Avoid making attempts to verify your Instagram account through other third-party platforms.
If you keep off the above mistakes, then you can rest assured of retaining the badge for a maximum number of days to come. Sounds great? Well, that’s pretty much of it.