There will always come a time in a woman’s life when receding hairlines will become a bother. In other words, hair fall, and the damage to the edges is not something that women carry with a smile. To some, it reflects aging. Therefore, some women take extra efforts to repair edges.
What are the Edges?
Edges are the hair around the hairline. This is a term that has been devised primarily for women in the black community. Simply put, in layman’s language it refers to the hair around the perimeter of the forehead. In addition, it is also referred to as baby hair. It is much shorter in length than the usual hair on the head and grows in the front part of the forehead. Apart from being shorter, the hair on the edges is also fragile. Therefore edges are prone to damage much faster. Watch this YouTube video for more details.
- Edges are baby hair.
- It is a term commonly used for hair around the hairline.
- The term edges for hair around the hairline have been popularized by the black community.
- Edges are shorter in length than normal hair.
- In addition, they are fragile and prone to damage.
Why do Edges Get Damaged?
Hair loss specifically around the hairline could be due to a variety of reasons. In other words, there are not one but many causes of edges getting damaged.
- In some people, it is due to medical or physical alterations. For instance, pregnancy can lead to hair loss. In addition, medical problems like thyroid or anemia too can cause hair loss, further, hormonal changes in women also lead to damage to edges.
- Finally, a common cause of this is hereditary. In other words, it is a trait that may travel through different generations of the family.
For instance, if the mother has suffered damage to edges or has a poor scalp condition, the daughter is likely to suffer from the same problem.
- Edges get damaged due to multiple reasons.
- Medical conditions like thyroid or anemia could lead to hair loss.
- Pregnant women also experience damage to their edges.
- Hereditary hair condition is a common cause of damage to edges.
How to Avoid Damage to Edges?
Medical and hair experts have listed out various ways to avoid damage to the hairline. In other words, with care, the impact on edges can be limited. All you need to do is to be alert while taking care of your hair.
· Take Good Care of Hair
Handle hair delicately, should be the philosophy. For instance, many women have the habit of twirling their front hair constantly. Regular stretching of the hair around the hairline weakens its roots and can lead to irreparable damage.
· Condition Edges Regularly
Improper moisturizing or conditioning of the edges can also cause damage to the baby’s hair. Since hair on the edges is softer and more delicate than the hair on the rest of the scalp they are likely to break faster when dry. Therefore, edges require care differently than the way regular hair is looked after. They should be moisturized and conditioned.
· Avoid Hairstyles that Stretch Hair
Twists and Ponytails stretch hair. Therefore, they must be avoided at all times, especially if the hair is soft. When you style your hair remember to know how much to stretch it. Pulling them too much can damage the roots and lead to hair loss.
· Regular Scalp Massage
Regular massage to the scalp will prolong the life of edges and hair. Slow and gentle massage helps in blood circulation, thereby strengthening the roots. Gentle rubbing of the edges and the area around it provide additional strength to the scalp.
· Avoid Clothing that Covers the Edges
Wearing a scarf or cap may be good for style, but they have a tendency to create friction on the edges. Therefore, avoid wearing them once you notice any damage to the edges.
How to Grow Edges Back?
There are many ways to retrieve damaged edges. Some options are medical. In addition, home remedies are available for this as well.
· Healthy Diet
Diet is an important component to get your edges back. Eat healthy food to strengthen the roots. For instance, eat a lot of food rich in protein, iron, and zinc. Eggs, Cashews, and Yoghurt are rich in zinc. Make them mandatory in your daily diet.
· Regular Oil Massage
Miracles can be performed by simply a gentle oil massage to the edges. Massage increases blood circulation and allows more oxygen into the scalp and forehead. Therefore, a regular oil massage can help revive the roots and in turn the edges.
· Hair Supplements
Consult a hairstylist or a medical practitioner for a supplement that may help in reviving the edges. For instance, there are many dietary supplements or hair conditioners available that promise wonders. Consult a doctor and on his or her advice use it.
For more details about the ways and means to revive the edges watch this video.
How Long does it Take to Grow Edges Back?
The time it takes for the edges to grow back differs from case to case. Even with the same remedies applied the result could differ due to a combination of reasons.
For instance, the revival of edges depends upon the hereditary condition of the scalp, the physiological state as well as the amount of time given for care. While some start showing results in a few weeks, there could be individuals who may find edge repair, not before a couple of months. Therefore, the amount of time it takes to revive the edges could vary from a few weeks to a few months.
- The repair of edges depends on a number of factors.
- Hereditary reasons, physiological traits have a role to play in their revival.
- The time may vary from a few weeks to a few months.
Finally, Some Tips on how to Grow Edges
- Take good care of your hair.
- While styling, do not stretch your hair too hard.
- Massage your scalp, especially the edges regularly.
- Take a healthy diet.
How long does it take to regrow edges?
How can I grow my hairline?
Can bald edges grow back?
Does Vicks help with hairline?
Does rice water grow hair?
Does Vaseline help grow hair?
Does rubbing fingernails grow hair?
Blood circulation to the scalp is boosted which strengthens the hair follicles and provides a natural hair growth. gives you natural hair growth. Helps with enhancing the tone and volume of the hair and warding off grey hair from growing.
Does Vicks grow hair?
Can bananas help with hair growth?
Is rubbing your scalp bad?
Which oil is best for hair growth?
- Coconut Oil. Coconut oil works wonders on curly hair, providing much-needed moisture and sealing the hair cuticle to prevent frizz and split ends–but the benefits don’t stop there.
- Olive Oil.
- Argan Oil.
- Almond Oil.
- Rosemary Oil.
- Tea Tree Oil.
- Castor Oil.
Is head massage good for brain?
Can rubbing scalp cause hair loss?
What kills fungus on scalp?
These shampoos kill bacteria and fungus on the scalp and stop inflammation. You can purchase them from a grocery store or drugstore. Look for shampoos with antifungal active ingredients, such as ketoconazole, selenium sulfide, and pyrithione zinc.
How can I thicken my hair?
- Eggs. Share on Pinterest An egg treatment may help to make hair look thicker.
- Olive oil. Olive oil is rich in omega3 acids and other nutrients that are essential for overall health, including hair health.
- Proper nutrition.
- Orange puree.
- Aloe gel.
- Castor Oil.