Matte nail polish is arguably one of the hottest trends in the nail art industry.
You can’t help but appreciate its sophisticated and chic lookDespite all this, matte nail polish is quite expensiveTo make it worse, not all people wish to buy a bottle of matte polish that they may never use againFortunately, you can easily turn the usual nail polish to matte nail polish.
If you are new to this you might a couple of questions but there is no need to worry. This piece of writing comes in handy to offer you with variety of ways to make matte nail polish. All the ways provided in here are simple and straightforward. Hence you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to follow the guide.
How to Make Matte Nail Polish with Baking Powder
A significant proportion of the population knows that baking powder is meant for kitchen purposes. You might belong to that proportion but today you are about to learn one more use of baking powder. You don’t need to have a large supply of powder to carry out the procedure.
- Gather All the Materials You Need
The good thing about this procedure is that you don’t have to break your bank to get all the items needed in this process. Most of the items needed are readily available. You can get them from the nearest fashion store while others you only pick them from the kitchen. Here is a list of items you should have to carry out the process;
- Baking powder
- Basecoat and nail polish
- Small dish or container
- Small, soft makeup brush
- Tightly-woven sifter
- Use a Tightly-woven Sifter
You must ensure that the powder is thin to ease its applicability. The only way to achieve that is by pouring the powder into a small container via tightly woven sifter. Clumps found on the powder tend to ruin the manicure. If you spot any clumps on the tightly woven sifter you can use a toothpick to break them. This ensures that the product that gets to the small container is fine powder without any clumps.
- Apply the Usual Nail Polish
Your baking powder is ready and you can apply it on your nails. However, this should only happen after you apply the usual nail polish. You should always make sure that the nail polish is wet before you apply the powder. This explains the reason why you should prepare the powder before you apply the nail polish.
Paint the nails on your hand and deal with it first before doing it on the other hand. This is because if you choose to paint both hands the nail polish might dry up before the completion of the process. Here are the steps to apply the nail polish.
- Apply the basecoat to all nails of the right hand.
- Paint your nails with your favorite polish.
- Brush Your Wet Nails With the Baking Powder
Now, this is where the main thing happens. You should always make that the nail polish is not dry when in this step. Here are steps you should follow;
- Taking note that your nails are wet, keep a nail brush, and sweep the brush through the wet nail polish. Ensure you dip the brush every time you sweep it through the wet nail polish. If you don’t do this, the bristles may get caught on the wet polish thereby ruining the manicure. It is always advisable that you use a soft-bristled makeup brush.
- After that, let the powder sit on the nails for a few seconds. This allows the powder to give your nails the matter effect.
- Brush off the powder and if need be you can use water to wipe out the powder that has dried together with the polish.
- Leave the nails to dry.
- Repeat the process on the other hand.
- That’s is it. Your nail polish is now a matte one.
How to Make Matte Nail Polish with Eye Shadow
The method mentioned above only allows you to deal with a specific manicure. With eye shadow, it becomes easy to turn some clear nail polish into matte nail polish. Here are the steps you should follow to make matte nail polish with eye shadow.
- Choose your favorite eyeshadow. You have full discretion to choose the type of color you want but it has to be matte. It comes in powder form hence you don’t have to crush your eye shadow. But always make sure that it is fine to ease the applicability process. However, you should not stress yourself. You can perform the process without cornstarch.
- If need be, you can add cornflour to make it more matte
- Take a half bottle of clear base coat.
- Use a funnel to put in your eye shadow to the bottle to fill it. Do not use excess eye shadow since it makes the polish clumpy.
- Then, mix it using a toothpick plus shaking the container until you get a fine mixture.
- Use nail polish. You can go ahead and use the nail polish as you normally do. Begin by applying the base coat followed by the matte nail polish you have just made.
How to Make Matte Nail Polish with Cornstarch
You can as well use corn starch to make matte nail polish. This section provides you with the steps to follow for you to get it right.
- Pour a bit of nail polish onto wax paper.
- Add a pinch of cornstarch and mix it with a toothpick.
- Apply the base coat on your nails.
- Lastly, apply the matte nail polish you have.
NB: You only get to see true and positive results when you follow the guide keenly. Missing out any of the steps may ruin the whole process. Therefore, understand the logic behind every method to flawlessly follow the steps without messing up.