It is no secret that you that are bound to reap numerous health benefits when you take protein shakes. They tend to give your body extra protein to keep you going especially if you are recovering from weight loss. Proteins shakes are not sweet as the name implies. But we are determined to help you address that. This is because they are numerous ways to make your protein shake taste better.
- Choose High Quality Protein Powder
Instead of buying pre made protein shake you can opt to buying protein powder and make yours from the start. You must understand that when it comes to protein shakes, texture and taste go hand in hand.
Therefore, always go for high quality protein powder whenever you visit a food store. High quality protein powder tends to have an appealing texture and taste. This will always be the number one ingredient for making your protein shake taste better. Cheap is always expensive and you will end up regretting buying low quality protein powder. Choose unflavored protein powder so that you can have total control of your protein shake in terms of taste.
- Add Fruits
This is one of the best ways of giving your protein shake a naturally sweet flavor upgrade. We all know the health benefits that one can reap by taking fruits. It is an excellent way of maintaining a heath diet. You can add a variety of fruits and the decision squarely lies on you. Strawberries, bananas, cherries or raspberries, and fresh peaches are some of the fruits you can use. Here is the way to go about it.
- Put the protein shake into a blender.
- Cut the fruits of your choice into small choices.
- Dump the pieces into the blender.
- Turn on the blender.
- At the end you will have a protein shake that tastes way better unlike before when you had not included fruits.
- Enjoy your health cup.
- Add More Water to your Protein Shake
For one reason or another, you may find out that your protein shake is too strong. You can simply add extra water to reduce its thickness. It is an excellent way to enhance the flavors and sweetness of your protein shake.
This makes the protein shake to taste much better. Adding water to your protein shake is simple and straightforward. However, you must check the amount of water you add so that you don’t end up messing up the whole thing. After you add water, ensure you stir the mixture so well using a stirrer.
- How about Taking Time to Consider the Base you Use?
Well, you must unsubscribe from the idea that you must use water as the base while making protein shakes. There are several ways to hack this.
- Instead of using water as the base when making the protein shake it is advisable you use milk instead. Milk is known to give your protein shake a milkshake kind of taste. You can as well use milk substitute instead for example; almond, coconut, or soy milk. This will give your protein shake a comforting flavor and appealing creamier texture. For sure, you will not resist taking another cup of your protein shake since it will taste way better.
- You can use orange juice as well if you don’t like the taste of you protein powder. It is a good base to use. By adding orange juice, you are simply masking the protein powder flavor that you don’t like with the level of the orange juice. The amount of orange juice you add depends on whether you find the taste of your protein shake to be palatable. If you don’t have an access to orange juice you can use other strong-flavored juice (like pomegranate or cherry) to mask the flavor of bad tasting protein powder.
- Turn the Protein Shake into a Smoothie
A good number of people will agree with us that protein shakes taste way better when they become cold. That’s a fact. To make it cold, you can add a few ice cubes to your protein shake. By so doing, you turn it into a delicious health smoothie. Put the protein shake into a blender and add a few ice cubes. To enhance the flavor, go ahead and add a few pieces of banana to the blender. Once you blend, you will end up with a health smoothie that is quite delicious.
- Add Yoghurt
There is no reason as to why you should keep taking protein shake that is not sweet. Consider adding yoghurt to enhance that taste. It makes the protein shake sweet and thicker and most people love that. You might belong to this clique of people who love it that way. Do not hesitate from trying this out.
- Lastly, Add More Flavor Enhancers
How sweet your protein shake tastes depends on flavor used. Adding chocolate goes a long way in enhancing the taste of your protein shake. It makes your protein shake taste way better. Ideally almost all milk shake powder can be added to the protein shake to make it taste sweet. You can as well add a small amount of vanilla, almond, or mint extract. These are some of the ingredients you can use to enhance the flavor.
NB: As you follow all the guidelines we have laid down, ensure that everything is done in moderation. Do not over do any guideline. This is because you may end not achieving the goal of making the protein shake taste better.
Why do protein shakes taste so bad?
How do you add flavor to a protein shake?
- Add Fruit. Fruit adds a delicious kick to your protein shake without adding a tremendous amount of calories.
- Add Milk.
- Add Cocoa Powder.
- Add Yogurt.
- Toss In Some Peanut Butter!
Do protein shakes taste better with milk or water?
How do you make tasty protein powder?
Do protein shakes make you gain weight?
One study gave obese participants shakes with either 200 or 0 grams of extra protein per week. Those given the protein gained 2.8 lbs (1.3 kg) more mass following a 13-week training program ( 18 ).
Can I mix honey with whey protein?
Can you mix protein powder with just water?
Can I mix protein powder with coffee?
Can I mix protein powder with milk?
What type of protein powder is best for weight loss?
Which protein powder is best for weight loss?
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Muscle Building and Recovery Protein Powder.
- Supreme Nutrition Diet Whey.
- PhD Nutrition Diet Whey Protein Powder.
- RSP Nutrition AvoCollagen Protein Powder.
- SlimFast High Protein Shake Powder.
Can you drink protein shakes to lose weight?
How many protein shakes a day?
When is the best time to drink a protein shake?
Is it OK to drink 2 protein shakes a day?
Is drinking a protein shake before bed bad?
Ads by Google