From preschoolers to adults to college students living in dorms and hostels, everyone loves ramen.
The snack is not only delicious but is cheap and easy to make as well.
If you are looking for an appetizer or even a dinner that will not cost you a lot – but it would still be amazing to eat, ramen is the way to go. The snack is eaten worldwide by almost every facet of people.
Ramen has no specific customer pool, and people belonging to every age group and social structure can sit down with their favorite flavor of instant ramen and enjoy the meal.
There are several ways to prepare instant ramen. All over the internet – several videos are explaining the step by step procedure of making various ramen. These videos have millions of views from people looking to take their instant ramen to the next level.
However, while some people prefer to add vegetables, meats, and eggs to their ramen and make a whole fancy meal – others simply search for the easiest way to prepare the snack. One of the most commonly used methods of preparing ramen is using a microwave oven.
Even though the method sounds easy enough, several technicalities are involved, especially in the operating of the microwave. This method is also useful if you stay in a dorm, hostel, or studio flat that does not have access to stovetops or cooking gas.
You need to follow the method described below to have your ramen.
What you need:
- A pack of your favorite instant ramen
- A Pyrex container or a microwave-friendly bowl
- A fork
- An egg or boiled vegetables/chicken for garnish (optional)
Method to make Ramen in Microwave:
To make the best microwave ramen extremely quickly, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Start by opening your pack of ramen. Try to avoid using cup noodles for this purpose as their shape and the cup itself can cause problems. Make sure that you have no piece of the wrapper in the ramen.
- Fill your Pyrex container or bowl with water and pop this bowl into the microwave. Set the timer on the microwave for three to four minutes or until the water in the bowl is hot. This step ensures that the ramen starts cooking the minute it is put into the bowl. If you place your ramen into cold water – it may become unappetizing, chewy and soggy.
- Break the ramen into halves or simply place the whole ramen noodle cake into the Pyrex container or the bowl (if you prefer longer noodles). Make sure that the ramen is completely submerged under the hot water so that your noodles are uniformly cooked through, and there are no raw bits of noodles in your bowl.
- Pop the bowl or container back into your microwave and set the timer for five minutes and start. Midway the process, open the microwave and stir the noodles around using a fork. This step also further ensures that your noodles are cooked uniformly, and no raw pieces of the ramen are left inside the bowl.
- Take the container or bowl out and try a strand of the ramen using a fork. Make sure that your noodles are cooked to your satisfaction. If they are undercooked – pop them back into the microwave for an additional minute or until they meet your standards.
- Add the tastemaker packet or spice packet that comes with the ramen pack and stir this around. If you prefer additional spice, add a few drops of chili or Tobasco sauce. Wait for a couple of minutes before mixing the noodles again.
- You can tuck into your ramen and enjoy the quick and easy snack that you have made. Or you can take leftovers from your fridge and turn this cheap snack into a whole meal.
- Crack a raw egg into the hot soupy noodles and wait a few minutes for the egg to cook. This not only makes your ramen taste better but increases the nutritional value as well. If you have any leftover vegetables or chicken in your fridge – chop them up and add them to your ramen for a tastier and more nutritional meal.
Precautions you need to take:
When dealing with electronic devices like microwave ovens, it is essential to take care so that no mishap occurs. Some of the things you need to take care of are below:
- In case you are using cup noodle, do not place the plastic cup the noodles come in into the microwave. The rays from the microwave react with the cup to release harmful chemicals.
- Use a microwave-friendly bowl. If you use the wrong kind of bowl or container – your microwave may go haywire and malfunction.
- Make sure not to put any metal utensils (fork, spoons, etc.) into the microwave.
Follow the steps in this article, and you have a quick, nutritious, and cheap meal on your hands. The steps are the easiest especially when it comes to making the ramen in the microwave.