Light is one of the most important resources for human civilization. Without light, you can’t even see your surroundings. The ancestors of modern men discovered fire and their successors have discovered some easiest ways to create a flame. A BIC lighter is one of them to create a flame to create fire.
BIC Mega Lighter – History
The BIC lighter got its name from the first name of this manufacturing company BIC Corporation. It is situated in Clichy, France and they are well known for the manufacturing of use and throw items like disposable lighters, razors, pens and so on. The founder of this company is Marcel Bich and he established this corporation in 1945.
- The first introducer of a disposable lighter was Gillette which was in an attempt to make an inexpensive lighter during 1972. Almost at the same time, BIC brought a disposable lighter to the market of Europe. This lighter was capable of giving 3000 ignitions in its lifetime.
- This made it very popular in the market and it is doing its business like the same today also. These BIC lighters are reusable if the fuel in this lighter can be refilled. There are procedures to refill it easily and here in this article, we are going to discuss those processes.
How to Refill a BIC Mega Lighter?
The first step to refill the BIC lighter is to gather the materials that you need to refill it. You can refill it by using a push pin easily. It will help you to save money that you spend on purchasing new lighters from time to time.
- When you are going to refill the BIC lighter, you need some butane, some rubber grommets, and a push pin to accomplish your job finely. Now if you are thinking about where to get those materials, you can have a visit to the hardware shop of hardware.
- Now put the pushpin into the valve that your lighter is having at its bottom. It looks like a small circular indent which you can see when you turn your lighter upside down. This valve is the entrance of the fuel when you are refilling your lighter.
- Put the push-pin into the circle and press it with your hand. If you find it hard to push the pin with your hand then you can put the lighter on any hard surface and push it down to open the valve. Now take the pinout of the valve.
- It is mandatory for the lighter to be completely empty as you are going to refill it with organic fuel. If there will be some fuel then that will spray out as soon as you put the pin inside the circular valve.
- Now, prepare the nozzle of the refilling can. You need to put in the rubber grommets around the nozzle of the can so that no fuel spills down through it while putting it into the lighter.
- Now set the face of the nozzle on the circular valve of the lighter and press your lighter down. The butane will get into the lighter with the pressure. There will be a sound through which you will be able to know that the butane is getting inside the lighter. Hold the lighter in the same position for 5 to 7 seconds. This much time is enough to refill your lighter.
- Put your thumb on the valve as soon as you remove the butane container from its entry point. If you won’t put your thumb on the valve the fuel may spill away soon after you remove the nozzle from it.
- It’s time to cover the valve finally. For that, you can use the pushpin again. Put the push pin back into the valve hole and leave it as it is as rescuing the valve set from the factory is impossible.
- You can cut the top of the pushpin using a metal sniper as it will give your lighter a great look.
Djeep lighters are normally non-refillable. But if you want to refill them, you need to follow the same process as you did in the BIC lighters. You need to break the seal valve and from there you can insert the fuel into the lighter. Seal it again and your Djeep lighter is ready to use.
How to Refill an Extended-Reach Lighter?
An extended rich lighter has another name as wander lighter. These types of lighters are useful to light places that are hard to rich like the burner of a gas oven after you put the pan on it. There is a danger of burning your hand as the gas comes out from there and spreads in the surroundings. To refill an extended reach lighter, you need to have some materials. Since the use of this lighter is much similar to the BIC lighters, you can refill the wand lighter with the help of a BIC lighter. You need to manage ahead and flat blade screwdriver and a new BIC lighter as well.
- First of all, you need to remove the single screw that holds up the extended reach lighter. Now you will be able to open the lighter fully. If you face any difficulty in it, put the blade of the screwdriver into the joints of the surface to open them.
- As the case of the lighter is open, you need to bring out the fluid reservoir. Now it’s time to disassemble the new light that you have bought.
- To disassemble it, first, remove the windscreen and then the flint wheel. After you remove the fork, the disassembling is complete along with the new lighter; you need to open the fuel reservoir of the wand lighter too.
- Now put the fork and the spring of the old lighter into the new one and put it into the case of the wand lighter.
What is the Fluid in a BIC lighter?
Butane is the most used fuel for the BIC lighter.
- The BIC lighters are non-reusable but still, you can refill it and re-use it.
- Use a push pin to break the valve behind the lighter and put the fuel into it.
- Clipper lighters are reusable and can be refilled from time to time.
How do you make a Bic lighter refillable?
How do you fill a lighter with liquid?
What is the fluid in a Bic lighter?
Can I refill a Bic?
Can I refill a Bic Mega lighter?
How do you dispose of a Bic multipurpose lighter?
Why is my Bic lighter not working?
If the lighter doesn’t light, check to make sure that there is fuel in the tank. If the lighter is out of fuel, throw it away. Disposable lighters are not meant to be refilled. You should be able to get up to 3,000 lights from a full-sized Bic lighter.
Do Bic lighters expire?
Can a Bic lighter leak?
Is Zippo better than Bic?
What does Flick your Bic mean?
What does the BIC stand for?
What is a flick pic?
What is BIC slang?
What is a BIC number HSBC?
How do I find my BIC code?
Is Swift and BIC the same?
What is IBAN and BIC?
Ads by Google